Area 51

engineer

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 07:04 pm
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

I am former Navy. I lived on several bases and served on the USS McKee AS-41. I just think it's silly for the government to be so secretive about the possibility of alien life.

If the military doesn't know anything they aren't being secretive.
Were you with the McKee in Holy Loch?
engineer

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 07:10 pm
@engineer,
Nope, it was the Hunley in Holy Loch
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:26 pm
@nycdad,
No but he’s probably to blame for your lack of a sense of humour.
nycdad

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:35 pm
@izzythepush,
I have nothing negative to say about Trump.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 19 May, 2021 04:03 am
@nycdad,
Quote:
Do you believe in aliens?

I believe that there are rational explanations for nearly every witnessed event and that those events which defy explanation should simply be classified as such until we have sufficient evidence. Just assuming, "We don't know what it is so it must be aliens," as with religious and supernatural claims, simply raises more questions.
nycdad

Reply Wed 19 May, 2021 05:56 pm
@hightor,
My original post is simply something to consider. Have you been watching the news lately? Look it up on You Tube. Just type recent Navy pilot UFO sightings. Top Nasa scientists are taking notes that perhaps they have been wrong all this time.
hightor

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 02:46 am
@nycdad,
I have no objection to consideration of the topic; I'm skeptical and withhold belief.
nycdad

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 04:11 am
@hightor,
Talking about the possibility of alien life is far better than, for example, reality TV.
hightor

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 04:33 am
@nycdad,
I don't know – good pointed criticism of the products of the USAmerican culture industry can be pretty interesting. Once you've accepted the possibility of alien life how much more needs to be said about it?
nycdad

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 07:45 am
@hightor,
What if Independence Day (1996 movie) becomes a reality? Advanced aliens from a distant civilization a few thousand years ahead of anything human would be like Godzilla versus Bambi. We are Bambi.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 07:53 am
@nycdad,
But what if Bambi became suddenly a nuclear monster capable of blasting alien ships before they even enter the atmosphere? Boy, I bet we could beat them then.
nycdad

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 07:58 am
@edgarblythe,
You are mocking me. You are mocking my thread.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 08:00 am
@nycdad,
I am just following the flow of it.
snood

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 08:21 am
@edgarblythe,
Well, you kinda are mocking it though.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 08:26 am
@nycdad,
But such a society would not need to ravage the Earth. You are talking about a society that is able to bring a significant armada across huge spans of space. If you are that advanced, harvesting asteroids, gas giants, etc for what you need would be pretty simple.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 11:10 am
I took this from someone's tweet

pretty sure the American military is concocting these UFO stories because people are starting to ask questions about the $750 billion/year budget
izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 11:13 am
@nycdad,
Welcome to the Internet.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 02:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I took this from someone's tweet

pretty sure the American military is concocting these UFO stories because people are starting to ask questions about the $750 billion/year budget

How silly can you get?
coluber2001

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 02:45 pm
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

What if Independence Day (1996 movie) becomes a reality? Advanced aliens from a distant civilization a few thousand years ahead of anything human would be like Godzilla versus Bambi. We are Bambi.

War against an alien invasion may be the only thing that unites people. At any rate, that's the theme of Kurt Vonnegut's, The Sirens of Titan.

In the end we'd destroy ourselves fighting over the last few rolls of toilet paper.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 03:10 pm
@BillRM,
What is silly about it?

There are some very good reasons the US might want people to think it had hold of alien technology not least as a deterrent to hostile powers.

If it’s a load of bollocks hostile powers will use up resources finding that out.

0 Replies