2

Church vs Bible, What to believe?

1  
Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 12:33 pm
@Leadfoot,
There’s been precious little of that recently.

mark noble

1  
Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 12:44 pm
@Leadfoot,
What's more interesting is why folk pay so much attention to the 'prescription-based' version of 'God' and measure their pain and physical triumphs and tribulations by such.

John Lennon wrote a beatiful song - Titled 'God'.
It's free on youtube for anyone to watch.
This was the moment he found himself (God-manifest).

Journey-on folks, or not.

Have a lovely day
mark noble

1  
Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 01:42 pm
@mark noble,
"God -John Lennon (With Lyrics)"
By (Uploader) 'souled out'

"I just believe in me".
Don't listen to 'Working Class Hero' straight after this, btw. It Will mess you up, irreparably.

Have a lovely day
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 04:52 pm
@mark noble,

Probably a bit different for everyone but i think most find it a standard they won't have to work too hard to meet, and on the other hand, it's so easy to knock down by the critics.
mark noble

1  
Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 04:58 pm
@Leadfoot,
Did you watch the Lennon vid?
Have a lovely day
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 05:41 pm
@mark noble,
Will have to wait until i get back home to better internet, but i will.
I feel lucky just to get any data out here in my off-grid shack in CO this year. Elon did not come through on Starlink for me. But just having DSL back home always feels like being back in civilization again. Bittersweet going home everytime.
mark noble

1  
Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2021 05:52 am
@Leadfoot,
I was unaware - you were/are offgrid. Hope you're breathing in the entirity of that which encompasses you.

Journey well, Sir.

TruthMatters

0  
Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 11:04 am
@Leadfoot,
God told Adam & Eve they would DIE.
Churchianity doesn't believe Him, they believe Satan's lie instead!
Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 11:37 am
@TruthMatters,
TruthMatters wrote:

God told Adam & Eve they would DIE.

Satan came a LOT closer to "the truth" than the god did in that story.

Read it again. You'll see...unless you are purposefully blind.

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 04:30 pm
@TruthMatters,
Churchianity doesn't believe Him,

You've gone down the rabbit hole on that one. What denominations dont believe A&E died?

I had a good guess already but you blew your cover with that link of yours. You guys have one thing i happen to agree with. But on the question of 'How then should we live' , or 'where are we going.' , I'm sorry, your answer makes no sense to me.

hester831

0  
Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2021 09:20 pm
@mark noble,
Lennon was singing "Imagine I'm in love with you... " before saying "We're bigger than Jesus" and "Imagine there's no heaven." Only a fool says there is no God.

The Church founded by Jesus Christ existed before the Bible existed because the first Christians had no need to write things down. The Deposit of Faith exists with or without you having a Bible to read. Some people make the Bible their god and their ultimate authority. Rather it is God who is not bound by leather or rope or wood or nails because the Word has always existed and will always exist. There is no contradiction between the Bible and the Catholic Church yet there is no salvation outside the Catholic Church. Sadly since it has been infiltrated by Freemasons the institutional church has lost its way and few remain faithful and wise servants, let alone the Servant of the servants of God.
Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2021 02:38 am
@hester831,
hester831 wrote:

When speaking of whether or not any gods exist...a "belief" is nothing more than a blind guess. "Faith" in that "belief"...is nothing more than insistence that the blind guess is correct.
hester831

-1  
Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2021 04:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Blessed are those who have not seen but believe.
Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Sat 25 Sep, 2021 05:02 am
@hester831,
hester831 wrote:

Then I am blessed. I have decided to either "believe" there are sentient creatures living on one of the planets circling the nearest 15 stars to Sol...or "believe" there are no sentient creatures on any of them.

I'm flipping the coin. Heads, I will "believe" there are...Tails, I will "believe" there are none. (Flip)...TAILS. For the purposes of this thread, I now "believe" there are none.

Works just fine.

Now, should I do it for whether any gods exist or not?

It would work just as nicely as how you chose what to "believe."