Church vs Bible, What to believe?

maxdancona

Reply Mon 24 May, 2021 01:23 pm
@Leadfoot,
Death is a part of reality. When somebody close to us dies we are sad. There is a feeling of loss because someone who was a real part of our life is no longer going to be there in the same way.

This real process of grieving is the same for all of us. It is a part of being human.

Maybe having faith adds another dimension to this. The idea that some part of someone we care about continues to live on is certainly comforting. When I was religious, someone close to me died of terminal cancer. We said our goodbyes and as Christians we left with an understanding that we would see each other in heaven. And sure, this provided comfort. This didn't really stop the grieving process for people who were close to her.

Having this faith, or as you put it other dimension, doesn't take away from our shared human reality. Calling it sleep or talking about an eternal afterlife doesn't change the reality of death.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 24 May, 2021 01:27 pm
@maxdancona,
No argument with that.
Nobody wants to be completely alone.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 07:14 am
@papag,
The Bible is an anthology of scriptures, composed by different mindsets, in different eras of history - Compiled by a 'dictatorship' that sought ultimate power over the 'then' populace.
To cut a long story short - It's out of context.
Have a lovely Day
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 09:06 am
@mark noble,
So IN context, what is your final verdict on the Bible?
mark noble

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 09:31 am
@Leadfoot,
It is out of context.
You, Lead, have ventured into the gnostic gospels. I recall. And you became moreso enlightened by your journeys therein.
You still seek what evades you, but, you haven't done the 'Emerald Tablets', as of yet. Nor have you, ventured into Sumer.

'Enoch' built the Pyramids at Giza, btw. That's a Judaic book, somehow missing from the Bible.
And - Jews Don't read the Bible (christian-variation) Because it is out-of-context.
Enoch is also known as Thoth or Hermes Trismegistas (Thrice born).

Hope your sojourn takes the narrow path.
Have a lovely Day
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 09:48 am
@Leadfoot,
I, recently reviewed Islamic scripture - I found that, in the mid 18th century - the preconscript of (I might be a century or 2 out - I'm not a chapter and verse type) - modern muhammad 'narrative' text - Took 100,000 scriptures, reduced them to 7,000 & prerescribed them, according to his own logic. Within a few years another - had prereconscribed, said narrative, once more. This allows for you & I to read, today - 7% of a doubly-Reconscripted narrative - If we so choose. Out of context, perhaps?

As Roger Waters states - 'History is for fools'.
Have a lovely Day
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 11:42 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
Took 100,000 scriptures, reduced them to 7,000 & prerescribed them, according to his own logic. Within a few years another - had prereconscribed, said narrative, once more. This allows for you & I to read, today - 7% of a doubly-Reconscripted narrative - If we so choose. Out of context, perhaps?

As Roger Waters states - 'History is for fools'.
Have a lovely Day

No argument there, but couldn't it be argued that for a coherent yet transcendent message to get through that meat-grinder is kind of miraculous?

Not referring to any organized religion i know of btw. So far see no contradiction between that message and what bit i know of the Gnostics.
mark noble

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 12:07 pm
@Leadfoot,
There are No contradictions. The message is clear. The interpretation thereof is laced with confusion, due to the lack of 'Full' context.
For instance - Enoch, in the christian-formed (Constantine) bible - is the prelineatage of Noah, lived for a time and then walked with God (Pretty brief narrative)?

Whereas - There are entire judaic scriptures of his works, teachings, interactions with extra-terrestial beings, foundings of humankind, etc. As Hermes, he designed the ancient world system and taught the early human-hybrids of agriculture, irrigation, toolmaking, etc - As Thoth he brought the Atlantean knowledge of frequency, and sonics into khemet (Pre-ancient Egypt) - built atmospheric electrical conductors (Temples, pyramids, obelisks, etc). I guess - The more time a person chooses to invest in their voyage - The more interesting their voyage becomes, perhaps...?

Have a lovely day
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 06:44 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
There are No contradictions. The message is clear. The interpretation thereof is laced with confusion, due to the lack of 'Full' context.

It certainly is, but there are more reasons for that than missing context.
There are those who actively work to confuse.

But isn't 'Gnosis' itself the perfect solution to that? That is what led me out of the swamp, or at least got me started.

Knowing Enoch's full story and a hundred other things is interesting, but if the Gnostics had only one invaluable thing to tell us about, it was Gnosis.

I did not mean this to sound so holier than thou but i dont get much practice talking about such things.
TruthMatters

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 10:23 am
@papag,
Not the Churches!
0 Replies

TruthMatters

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 10:24 am
@oralloy,
What makes you think God won't REPLENISH them?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 04:19 pm
@Leadfoot,
Just ask, Lead?

You've been searching so hard, for so long. Never realising that everything you could possibly acquire is within you.

Have a lovely day
mark noble

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 04:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
Lead. Just stick with whatever you feel most comforting. There is no punishment or reward for being. And 'Outside' of being - Being is no more than an experience that everything needs, in order to be.

Have a lovely day
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 04:48 pm
@Leadfoot,
The Gospel of Thomas, for example - is a gnostic text. That's why it's omitted from the bible. It contains no narrative of Immanuel, only teachings. 'Bring out that which is inside you and it will save you - Do not, and it will destroy you' (My own words). Do you understand what this means?

It means 'Trust in yourself' and 'Live' - 'Doubt in yourself' and 'die'.
Ok. I'm done here, for now. Have a lovely everything.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 12:21 pm
@mark noble,
I would put it as 'the Key to everything is within us'. It takes some longer to find it than others. No one was more embarrassed than i that it took me so long. But better late than never.

I do think you understate the commitment and effort necessary to find it.
mark noble

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 06:43 pm
@Leadfoot,
Perhaps you have a valid point - in my understatement. I'm at the end of the journey, not even looking back or caring about those who choose to endure the journey.
When you come to understand the 'bigger' picture - you know that this 'material' existence, of ours - is just an experience. And it is infinite. Although, to the 'experiencer' - It appears finite (Physically, it is) - The Source-consciousness is Infinite - You, I, etc - Same consciousness, different rollercoaster.

Have a lovely day
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 02:43 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Perhaps you have a valid point - in my understatement. I'm at the end of the journey, not even looking back or caring about those who choose to endure the journey.
When you come to understand the 'bigger' picture - you know that this 'material' existence, of ours - is just an experience. And it is infinite. Although, to the 'experiencer' - It appears finite (Physically, it is) - The Source-consciousness is Infinite - You, I, etc - Same consciousness, different rollercoaster.

Have a lovely day

You are just filled with interesting blind guesses about the REALITY of existence.

Thanks for sharing them.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 08:07 am
Funny, the man here who claims he is most interested in discussing 'God'/Reality claims that there are nothing but blind guesses possible.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 08:32 am
@Leadfoot,
Instead of arguing against evolution you could try saying what causedyouto believe.

A few weeks ago I was at a festival and got talking to someone who claimed God or an angel dragged him out of the canaland saved his life.

I’m not saying I believed it, but he certainly did and it was a lot more interesting than the fatuous bollocks so many spew up on here.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 11:25 am
And some are interested only in the entertainment value.