Poll: Do you miss Trump?

Rebelofnj

Thu 13 May, 2021 08:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I have not heard, seen and/or read about ANY members of the U.S. Armed Forces doing any fighting in any war in the Middle East in the last two decades.

How is that even possible?

Even if you ignored the news since 2001, there are plenty of shows and movies made based on the Iraq War and the War on Terror: Generation Kill, American Sniper, Zero Dark Thirty, 13 Hours, Homeland, 24, and so on.

Not to mention the very popular video game series Call of Duty and Battlefield, which uses fictional stories and events but is heavily inspired by the War on Terror.

There is also the likelihood that you did encounter former and active members of the military who did serve overseas in the last 20 years.
JGoldman10

Thu 13 May, 2021 09:02 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I don't follow current events that closely. I remember President G.W. Bush was criticized for that war in in the Middle East he was responsible for because a lot people were killed unnecessarily, over a trillion USD was used to fund the war, and there WERE NO weapons of mass destruction to be found. The war was dubbed a pointless one, and this is why it was compared to the Vietnam War.

I do remember a war going on in the early 2000's.

The war G.W. Bush was responsible for is the "War on Terror" you are talking about? I thought the war was called The Iraq War.

I have heard of Call of Duty and Battlefield but I have not heard of any of those shows and movies you are talking about, except for 24 which I never watched.

No I have not met anyone who worked in the American Armed Forces in the last two decades, not that I know of.

What happened to ISIS? They seemed to have disappeared after Trump launched a drone attack on Syria.
JGoldman10

Thu 13 May, 2021 09:06 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I remember seeing this video:

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 13 May, 2021 09:14 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I recall seeing this video too:

Was Day Z inspired by the War on Terror and/or the Iraq War?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 13 May, 2021 09:19 pm
@Rebelofnj,
The Iraq War and the War on Terror are two different things.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_terror :

" The War on Terror, also known as the Global War on Terrorism and U.S. War on Terror, is an ongoing international military campaign launched by the United States government following the September 11 attacks. "

The Iraq War was an actual war.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 13 May, 2021 10:13 pm
Why isn't the U.S. fighting ISIS and the Muslim Brotherhood? These are major Muslim terrorist threats.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 13 May, 2021 11:12 pm
I assume Rebel knows more about video games than I do. I am wondering why he's not responding.

I would respond to his threads but I don't know anything about any 2020 or 2020 awards shows, or awards shows in general, and I don't know too much about streaming services.
Rebelofnj

Fri 14 May, 2021 04:32 am
@JGoldman10,
You really need to pay attention to what is going on in the world.
It is one thing to not watch any shows and movies in years, but it is a whole different thing when you somehow missed out on events that affect everybody's lives in some way.
It is not that hard to read the newspaper, watching the nightly news on TV, or going to a news website on a regular basis.

Quote:
The Iraq War and the War on Terror are two different things.

The Iraq War is part of the War on Terror, as stated in the Wikipedia article you linked to.

Quote:
Was Day Z inspired by the War on Terror and/or the Iraq War?

Yes and no.
The game's premise has nothing to do with the War on Terror. It is about surviving a zombie apocalypse.

The game software itself, however, is a modified version of the military game ARMA 2, which is set in a modern war.

Quote:
Why isn't the U.S. fighting ISIS and the Muslim Brotherhood?

They are. As you said but somehow forgot about, Trump did use drone strikes against them. You can read the Wikipedia article on ISIS to learn more.

Quote:
I assume Rebel knows more about video games than I do. I am wondering why he's not responding.

Because you responded late at night when most people are sleeping.
JGoldman10

Fri 14 May, 2021 05:10 am
@Rebelofnj,
I didn't say specifically that Trump used drone attacks against the Muslim Brotherhood. Isn't the Brotherhood stationed in Egypt?

I said when Trump bombed Syria ISIS seemed to have disappeared. I remember they went on some kind of wild murderous rampage through Europe - this was on CNN.

I have not read any local newspapers in years. When I did buy and read them it was mainly to look at the classified sections and for the circulars and coupons. I was jobhunting and I do a lot of grocery shopping.

I have watched TV shows and movies from the last two decades. I watched casually. I don't care too much about most movies being made now - I think they are crappy. I watched things like current drama shows and news shows and stuff on Cartoon Network and Adult Swim for example.

I watched Steve Harvey and Dr. Phil and game shows on The Game Show Network.

I watched mainly CHRISTIAN TV.

I don't watch the news on TV now. I currently don't have cable/satellite TV service or regular TV service.

I DO read news articles online and watch news videos on YouTube and such.

You seem to be forgetting YouTube has a lot of TV shows on it.

Thank you for responding.
JGoldman10

Fri 14 May, 2021 05:12 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I would respond to his threads but I don't know anything about any 2020 or 2020 awards shows, or too much about awards shows in general, and I don't know too much about streaming services.

- FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 14 May, 2021 05:13 am
@Rebelofnj,
Last time I ever watched programming on my TV was in November 2019 when my family moved out.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 14 May, 2021 05:42 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I didn't say specifically that Trump used drone attacks against the Muslim Brotherhood. Isn't the Brotherhood stationed in Egypt?

I said when Trump bombed Syria ISIS seemed to have disappeared. I remember they went on some kind of wild murderous rampage through Europe - this was on CNN.

I have not read any local newspapers in years. When I did buy and read them it was mainly to look at the classified sections and for the circulars and coupons. I was jobhunting and I do a lot of grocery shopping.

I have watched TV shows and movies from the last two decades. I watched casually. I don't care too much about most movies being made now - I think they are crappy. I watched things like current drama shows and news shows and stuff on Cartoon Network and Adult Swim for example.

I watched Steve Harvey and Dr. Phil and game shows on The Game Show Network.

I watched mainly CHRISTIAN TV.

I don't watch the news on TV now. I currently don't have cable/satellite TV service or regular TV service.

I DO read news articles online and watch news videos on YouTube and such.

YouTube has a lot of TV shows and radio shows on it and can listen to music and watch music videos on it. I've seen some current cartoons on YouTube.

Thank you for responding.

- FIXED.

Rebel, I tried paying attention to what was going on in the world regarding the Covid-19 pandemic and crisis last year, and last year was a presidential election year. I watched part of the 2020 presidential debate on YouTube last year. I did research on as many candidates running for president and for local offices in my home state as I could and I was more prepared to go and vote last year than in the last presidential election year.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 14 May, 2021 05:48 am
@Rebelofnj,
I do try to keep up with current events and such.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 14 May, 2021 01:00 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Entertainment is not that important but I should at least be aware of what's going on in the news and the media.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 22 May, 2021 02:22 am
@Rebelofnj,
I know the Splinter Cell series, the Metal Gear series, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch and Fortnite are/were some of the most popular video games from the last two decades. Were these games inspired by the War On Terror and/or the Iraq War?
Rebelofnj

Sat 22 May, 2021 06:36 am
@JGoldman10,
You can figure that out just by watching gameplay footage and trailers of each game on YouTube.
JGoldman10

Sat 22 May, 2021 11:26 pm
@Rebelofnj,
You couldn't just tell me.

You know more about these games than I do.

I don't play console games and I don't have time for that.

A quick Google search tells me Splinter Cell was inspired by the War On Terror.
izzythepush

Sun 23 May, 2021 04:09 am
@JGoldman10,
You have YouTube.

Splinter Cell is based on Teletubbies, the main, protagonist even looks and sounds like Tinky Winky.
JGoldman10

Sun 23 May, 2021 04:32 am
@izzythepush,
I remember learning about Splinter Cell when they did a review for it on X-Play.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 23 May, 2021 08:49 am
@JGoldman10,
I actually never played any of those games. I was too busy playing other games.
I am aware of those games because I watched trailers and gameplay videos, which is very easy to do.

I don't have to rely on the memories of a cancelled cable TV show that went off the air 8 years ago.
0 Replies