ENT won't help with my TMJ disease, no dental surgeon, what do I do?

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 05:23 pm
I had some bad news today regarding my health, though I'm now officially vaccinated from COVID19 as of this morning.
My primary care doctor gave me a referral to an ENT for my chronic migraines for TMJ disease, because I completely lost my dental surgeon, he left the Nottingham practice to work at Columbia and Catonsville, which I can't go at all, and I have no money whatsoever to pay for a fourth Botox injection for TMJ disease. I've had TMD probably since I was 15 and at the age of 30, my symptoms of jaw pain have gotten so much worse: sensitivity to light, pain in my eyebrows, severe headache, massive jaw pain to the point of my face feeling like it's on fire. The ENT I saw was a very nice lady who unfortunately had to tell me that she's not qualified to treat TMD, and no one at the practice is able to help me, and I'm with MedStar and Medicaid health insurance. The ENT said she knew some other patient who had my symptoms, but she couldn't recall the practice or doctor she made a referral. I explained to her my father passed five months ago during the holidays, and because of COVID19, my bank account can't take another hit with another dental surgeon, and she said that the dental surgeon is the only one who can help me, because I've been referred to the wrong people.
It makes me extremely confused and it's wasting my time and energy. I feel exhausted and emotionally violated what my primary care doctor has done. I don't know where to go or who to trust at this point. The ENT was supposed to be my second opinion, and now the second opinion has said you have no choice but to give up or go through the hell of going into Baltimore City and having your mom drive you there with a half-broken car that always needs repairs. And my mom hates the city and she really hates Catonsville and Columbia, long story.
I do the OMT therapy stretches the doctors at Franklin Square showed me how to do, and I practice OMT before bed every day. I use Aspercreme on my neck and shoulders to do the OMT. I'm sick and tired of using OTC pain medicines like Excedrin and I hate Imitrex so much more because I can't focus on writing my novels or crocheting my cosplay ideas when I take it for the severe migraines. Migraines are so crippling that it keeps me away from my widowed mom who needs me, and it keeps me away from my boyfriend, who has been my support and love of my life since day one, and we've just had our anniversary a week ago- I almost had to cancel our anniversary because of an oncoming migraine, but luckily, it was gone before our May 4th dinner date at our favorite fondue restaurant. (Yes, we're nerds, our anniversary happens to be Star Wars Day and we love it.)
I'm in pain all the time and I feel like I'm totally out of options.
What should I do now? What is there to do?
Is my only choice now to suffer of pain every day of my life forever? What if I want children? What should I do when I become pregnant (YEARS from now, I'm talking about the distant future) and pregnancy makes my migraines worse, and I'm ordered to take NO drugs at all except vitamins and suddenly, I have a severe migraine attack to the point where I can't breathe, does that mean I have to live in a hospital until the baby comes? What about when I become older- Excedrin has a heart disease and stomach bleeding risk, it has aspirin, and it causes deadly side effects if you take medications for Afib and heart disease, and I have a family history of both- my father died of a heart attack while he was sleeping and in the middle of surgery for colon cancer. How do I live pain free in my old age too?
What do I do for the pain for TMJ disease to ease my mind? Am I limited to just "love the pain" and "fall in love with pain and discomfort" "Love your sense of Hell" forever? Is that what I'm reduced to?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,064 • Replies: 7

anonymouse32

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 09:13 pm
@anonymouse32,
Not that it matters, but I'm guessing all of you are telling me to ******* give up and die of pain. Nobody has responded to my query.
My dentist is furious with the system because I, the patient, am not getting treatment and I can't afford the relief, it's too expensive. I have no choice but to go to University of Maryland and pay $400 for a consultation that is too much damn money, consults should be Free, not more than a hundred. I've consulted Google enough, I can't get a hold of my dental surgeon because he's going all over the place, I can't just keep hounding him and tracking him down. My doctor at my primary care is prescribing me Meloxicam to take Every Day, which I know, and even my boyfriend knows because he's a pharmacy tech, that Meloxicam can cause heart attack and stroke if used too often, it's worse than Flexiril, and Flexiril did nothing to help me.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!! I'M BEGGING YOU!!! PLEASE! I don't want to be on a steady diet of OTC pain medication forever! Or do you people not care and have so much apathy?
cherrie

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 09:27 pm
@anonymouse32,
What is it that you expect any of us to do?
chai2

Reply Wed 26 May, 2021 03:50 pm
@cherrie,
Hey Cherie, if you want some really interesting reading from this one, click here.

https://able2know.org/topic/555011-1#post-7100149
cherrie

Reply Wed 26 May, 2021 06:28 pm
@chai2,
Oh wow. I wish I'd read that before I answered.
anonymouse32

Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 11:55 pm
@cherrie,
Thanks a lot. For nothing. And being unhelpful. Both of you. Posting another post of mine where I'm losing my mind and you're seeing it as a thrill ride?
Thanks for the bullying and the stigma. I hate you.
0 Replies

anonymouse32

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 12:03 am
@cherrie,
Do you people want to continue hurting me and inflicting more insulting words than that? Because apparently, since no one wants to help my atrocious internet manners that both of you hate, and the fact that I'm in a no-win scenario, and I'm trying to talk about something completely different, maybe I deserve more of this.
Clearly, you must think that I'm a psycho bitch who deserves to live in a hospital for crazy people.
cherrie

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 02:41 am
@anonymouse32,
I asked you what you expected from us. That was a serious question.

What exactly do you think we can do?
0 Replies