Learn from Max's mistake.

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 07:41 am
Max knows the science about flu shots. Max believes in flu shots. Max had planned to get a flu shot. Max was even in a hospital where they give out flu shots.... but things happened and Max kept going day after day without getting a flu shot.

For the past two nights, I have been waking up with chills and coughing fits. I am shivering one moment and hot the next. I haven't slept more than two hours. Today I am perfectly miserable. I can't sleep, I can't work, I am reduced to whining on Able2know to people who mostly don't care.

But I care. Get your f**ing flu shot. The flu I picked up this year is horrible.

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 08:44 am
I haven't had the flu in over 25 years. I take precautions and I have a daily dose of colloidal silver.
hightor

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 09:31 am
@maxdancona,
Hope you feel better soon, man.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 09:53 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

and I have a daily dose of colloidal silver.

That's really weird.
hightor

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 10:12 am
@McGentrix,
edgarblythe dedicated a thread to the use of the substance. I've seen it pushed by preppers and survivalists, I've read positive anecdotal reports about its effectiveness, and the are medical studies about its toxicity. I don't see that I have any need for it, however.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 10:18 am
@hightor,
Doesn't make it not weird.

hightor

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 10:26 am
@McGentrix,
Agreed.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 03:24 pm
@maxdancona,
Get my for shot each year.

Had the flu twice growing up and barely recall the first as I was 6or 7 at the time. As I moved into my final hours (of recovery?), I got a book which congratulated me on having 'never been absent from class'. It had been inscribed prior to my illness.

The second run of the flu was quite bad. From it my hearing in the left ear was permanently damaged.

Rest, rest and rest some more. Simple bed rest will help. Have music or television on it you are bored. No music or television which will get you annoyed or too mentally stimulated.
Hans Kneezundtoze

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 12:59 pm
Relax Max, you are among Trump supporters and we care.

However, from the symptoms you describe it is obvious you are going thru the menopause.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 01:30 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

edgarblythe dedicated a thread to the use of the substance. I've seen it pushed by preppers and survivalists, I've read positive anecdotal reports about its effectiveness, and the are medical studies about its toxicity. I don't see that I have any need for it, however.

It makes sense to trust a near thirty year user of it than the medical establishment that makes billions off of treatments for stuff the silver takes care of for less than the cost of a glass of water (if you make your own). I've been known to drink complete bottles of it two and three days in a row. Anything toxic would come from polluted versions, not the pure stuff. Personal acquaintances and family looked on me as an odd od bird for using it, until they noted how it helped me and tried it themselves. About two months ago my wife ate something out of the refrigerator and right away had chills, diarhea and deep pains. She barely made it to the bedroom. I was unaware. But on her way she took a healthy swig of colloidal silver. After a rest, she found me in the living room and said, "Thank goodness you have the silver water." Then she told me what happened. She took a fresh dose every fifteen or twenty minutes and then was fine after a time. But I know you people will not believe it happens as told here. You've been indoctrinated to believe the people who prescribe killer medicines would never lie about it.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 01:31 pm
@Hans Kneezundtoze,
Hans Kneezundtoze wrote:

Relax Max, you are among Trump supporters and we care.

However, from the symptoms you describe it is obvious you are going thru the menopause.

Geeze, Max. My sympathy.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 01:34 pm
@maxdancona,
What happened at the hospital?
hightor

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 03:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe, I'm aware of the positive accounts of users like yourself. I still think using it is "weird" but that probably says more about me than about the people that use it. I've just never had any reason to use the stuff and am able to remain quite healthy without anything other than occasional fasts and regular consumption of bourbon. I have no reason to disbelieve you but I do resent your snide comment at the end accusing me of being "indoctrinated". I'm not a fan of prescription medicine or the pharmaceutical industry.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 04:29 pm
@hightor,
That's fine. I just put that last out there for the condescending ones.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 11:06 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

What happened at the hospital?

I have been having respiratory issues for a while (completely unrelated to viral activity). The main symptom is coughing spasms. I have been on 4 steroids (that have been ingested, inhaled or snorted), 3 prescription antihistamines, an opioid cough suppressant. I got to the point where I would just take anything... even though it was clear the doctors were just throwing medicine at me to see what works.

I had just seemed to get that under control when this flu bug hit.... and I had been telling my co-workers that my coughing wasn't contagious (because that's what the doctors told me).

I am hoping for a completely well day soon....

Thanks for the well wishes.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 11:07 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks Sturgis!... and here I am poking at Able2know again Wink.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 01:38 am
@maxdancona,
Sorry to read that. Hope you get better soon.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 11:07 am
@Olivier5,
Thanks, I am feeling better now, the fever is gone.

However these cytokines are nasty. My skin is hypersensitive... it burns when anything touches it. The flu is devious, most of the damage from the flu we literally do to ourselves.

Olivier5

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 12:57 pm
@maxdancona,
It could be said, metaphorically, that the body "fights fire with fire". And sometimes it over-reacts, or fires at the wrong things, hence auto-immune diseases.

I know a bit about it because my wife had an hepatitis once, and they couldn't find the reason. They ran hundreds of tests, even an MRI, found nothing wrong, no bug, but a high level of immune reaction. She got better after 2 weeks. The leading hypothesis in the end was an auto-immune reaction triggered by the take of 1 g. of paracetamol the day before it started. The docs could prove she was allergic to it, unbeknown to her. The liver processes whatever molecule the body wants to get rid of, and could have 'stored' a good amount of that paracetamol intake...
0 Replies