Covid Vaccine Informal Poll and Drinking Society

farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2021 06:10 pm
@jespah,
The second doses of Moderna for Mrs F and I have been pretty annoying. I had terrible headaches and she was gifted those lovely flu-like joint pains.

Looking forward to laminating a cc of our vaccine card and using it for travel this year. Ive got a launch contract to deliver a refitted hinkley

0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2021 09:48 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I've received both of my Moderna shots, the first one in February and the second in March. I experienced arm soreness for a day or two, nothing else. No superpowers, I'm sorry to say.

How did you get the shots so early? Surely you’re not over 65?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2021 09:51 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

1) Yes, both shots
2) Pfizer
3) Yes to the side effects, after the second shot. I had chills and a fever that night and was less than 100% the next day. My daughter had some effects that Tylenol took care of, my wife was just tired. I think Tylenol is your friend.

I’ve only had the first of two Phizer shots.

Why are there more side effects after the second dose? Aren’t the two doses the same thing (same drug, same strength and quantity)?
roger

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2021 10:57 pm
@snood,
I got Pfizer and had no reaction either time. It seems to be a very individual thing.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2021 12:58 am
@snood,
I’m no biologist so this is just guesswork, but maybe it’s because your immune system is already geared up and goes into overdrive.

Like I said it’s just a guess.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2021 04:28 pm
@izzythepush,
Truth. Apparently some of us have immune systems that's superready to fight. I've still got a mild case of covid arm after 76 hours. The first day and a bit weren't brilliant fun, but it still puts me closer to jab #2
snood

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2021 05:10 pm
Jab #2 coming April 26th
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2021 06:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Same here, my arm hurt for several days after the second shot
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2021 12:27 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I've received both of my Moderna shots, the first one in February and the second in March. I experienced arm soreness for a day or two, nothing else. No superpowers, I'm sorry to say.

Hey Hightor,
How did you get the shots that early?
hightor

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2021 08:19 am
@snood,
One day I got an email from my primary healthcare provider offering vaccinations for my age group. I was really surprised. I didn't have to do anything but make an appointment and show up. I'm also in the VA system and they contacted me a week later but it would have required a long drive.
I give a lot of credit to Gov. Janet Mills and the head of the state CDC, Dr. Nirav Shah. They've really been on top of this.
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.zjYKYCiKp5ozjomeflgA2gHaE8%26pid%3DApi&f=1
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2021 08:29 pm
Got my first Pfiser today. My arm's a bit sore, nothing to bad to take a pain reliever but enough to know it's there. Other than that, feeling ok. Second dose May 7.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2021 08:41 pm
I had my second Moderna shot two days ago.

After the first shot, my arm that got the injection hurt for a couple of days, but it was not that bad.

I got the second shot at 11:10 AM. By the time I went to bed at about midnight, I was beginning to feel arm pain. Near the end of my sleep, I started to feel cold. It went away quickly the next morning. Those were my only symptoms. but during that period, if I really paid attention, I felt indefinably "off."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 04:20 pm
Got an email from the group I got my jab from, confirming I'm on the waiting list. Uh. I was just in one of your pharmacies. Maybe it means I can get #2 somewhat promptly.?!?
roger

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 05:28 pm
@ehBeth,
Probably. Actually, after the first, I would expect to be given an appointment rather than another waiting list.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2021 09:14 pm
@roger,
Since we have no idea when more vaccines are coming in, they tend not to book appointments til the stuff arrives
roger

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2021 09:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Wow. I'm beginning to think old New Mexico is better organized than I would have ever expected. About a day after getting my first shot, I had an appointment scheduled for the second. It meant getting up for an 8:30 appointment, with no way to change it. I don't know what would have happened if I had overslept.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 12:45 am
So, when do we break out the cocktails????
roger

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 01:29 am
@glitterbag,
I'm thinking it is going to be awhile.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 01:33 am
@roger,
(censored)
roger

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 01:54 am
@glitterbag,
Trust me, it gets to me, too.