Covid Vaccine Informal Poll and Drinking Society

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 05:32 pm

i gladly made appointments for us to get our Pfizer boosters on thursday...
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 05:56 pm
@Region Philbis,
I'm rotating vaccines, and also alternating between viral vector vaccines and mRNA/protein vaccines.

Since I started off with Moderna last spring, I got a Johnson & Johnson booster this fall. Next spring I'll get Novavax if they are on the market by then, otherwise I'll do Pfizer in the spring.

I had the hardest time finding someone who would give me a Johnson & Johnson booster. Even if they had it available, they would insist that I should stay with Moderna. In order to get it I finally had to search out a place that had Johnson & Johnson only and none of the others.

So much for the customer always being right.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 11:34 pm
I received a phone message today, informing they will text us when it's time for a booster. We go to CVS for it.
roger

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 12:31 am
@edgarblythe,
Hah. I walked into Walgreen's to make an appointment. I got the booster within 30 minutes. This was very unlike the mob scene for the first two injections.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 11:14 am
@Region Philbis,

the CVS we went to was fresh out of Pfizer, so they gave us Moderna boosters instead.

feeling a bit woozy and achy today, but no where near as awful as i did the day after jab #2 six months ago...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 11:17 am
@roger,
The 20th makes six months since we got the second shots, so I wasn't quite ready.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 12:40 pm
VA gave me my (Pfizer) booster. It was 6/months after my last jab (my 2nd). No side affects at all any of the times other than mild arm soreness.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 01:44 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

VA gave me my (Pfizer) booster. It was 6/months after my last jab (my 2nd). No side affects at all any of the times other than mild arm soreness.

I got my Pfizer booster two months ago (due to qualifying circumstances from the VA as well.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2022 07:02 am
We were eligible for the booster in early December, but could only book for yesterday. I have now had one AZ, one pfizer, and a booster of moderna. This trifecta of shots was not by design, but merely what was on offer each time. Aside from a few hours of aches and pains 12 hours after the first shot, the only side effect I experienced was a slightly sore arm.

Cheers!
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2022 06:24 pm
Had my booster yesterday…Pfizer this time.

Seem to be ok…bad headache but that’s common for me.

Pleased to have it. I was going to have to wait until February 24th, but the time was shortened.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2022 06:35 pm
@Borat Sister,
I, for one, hope you will one day make a return trip to our great Gotham City. We miss your Glorious Bunnyness so much.
Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 08:56 am
I finally got the booster 3 days ago...it was required for me to go into the office. All seemed fine no side effects a little sore spot where I got the shot but forgot about it.

This morning I woke with a sore neck and shoulder on the left side..same side as the shot...I brought my pup to the groomer and it was so painful to turn my head to look when driving. I wonder now if this is a side effect or I just slept funny.
Borat Sister

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 07:31 pm
@Linkat,
So hard to tell. It’s easy to blame everything on the shots, but that’s also a reasonable side effect
Borat Sister

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 07:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
I miss Gotham and its denizens! Sadly I am officially poor now.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 May, 2022 07:30 am
It's all kicking off in North Korea, the regime had denied all covid for a long time claiming their isolation worked. They also refused vaccines for the same reason.

They're facing an outbreak with an unvaccinated population whose health is already compromised.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 May, 2022 08:11 am
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

So hard to tell. It’s easy to blame everything on the shots, but that’s also a reasonable side effect

In either case I am good now - my other daughter who had not had covid twice like her sister got it - she did not have the booster yet was fine other than the loss of taste and smell - it is slowly getting back - did not get that loss at least like her sister who had lost it for I think around 6 months
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 27 May, 2022 03:57 pm

we got our second boosters (Moderna) today...
Joeblow

Reply Sat 28 May, 2022 05:56 am
@Region Philbis,
All good? Hope you both feel well. I found that one to have the most side effects. Felt pretty lousy for about 36 hours.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 28 May, 2022 06:04 am
@Joeblow,

no discernible reaction thus far, i am happy to report.

last night i drank a ton of water, something i hadn't done previously...
Joeblow

Reply Sat 28 May, 2022 06:09 am
@Region Philbis,
Good!