Covid Vaccine Informal Poll and Drinking Society

izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 03:53 am
A Somerset vicar has started a ‘twin my vaccine’ campaign to help deliver vaccines to less developed countries. In the UK the vaccine is free on the NHS and the campaign asks those who can afford it to donate the cost, £4-£30, depending on which one, to UNICEF. So far it has raised £80,000.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 04:54 am
@roger,

our second appointment was scheduled within minutes of getting jabbed...
izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 05:18 am
@Region Philbis,
My second appointment was made at the same time as my first. My younger son’s appointment hasn’t been made yet, we were told to phone nearer the time.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 06:52 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Since we have no idea when more vaccines are coming in, they tend not to book appointments til the stuff arrives

I am hoping this is not the case in my health district as I am booked for this coming week and have not been told my appointment has been cancelled. Not going to celebrate until the shot is actually in my arm. I got my notification for my first appointment and the date of the second shot at the same time.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 04:23 pm
Got my first shot on my birthday.
Best
Gift
Ever
Joeblow

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2021 03:40 pm
@Tai Chi,
Happy Birthday!

That deserves a quarantini.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2021 03:41 pm
@Tai Chi,
Same day as the Queen.

Happy Birthday yerroilighness.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2021 03:56 pm
Thanks guys
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2021 04:22 pm
@Tai Chi,
Happy vaccine birthday! So, are you doin' shots? Wink
izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2021 02:25 am
A study in Scotland has found two cases of Covid being transmitted from humans to pet cats.

One of the cats became so ill it had to be put down.

So far there are no cases of cat to human transmission.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2021 04:15 am
@jespah,
Razz
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 12:45 am
Israel, the most vaccinated country in the World, has reported zero Covid 19 deaths in the last 24 hours.
Joeblow

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 04:03 am
@izzythepush,
That's so heartening!
izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 04:22 am
@Joeblow,
It is, cases are going down despite restrictions being lifted. Over 50% are vaccinated.

So much for the anti vax naysayers.
snood

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 04:30 am
@izzythepush,
If only truth actually made a difference to anti vaxers.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 06:42 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Happy vaccine birthday! So, are you doin' shots? Wink

Haha............no.....if I was going to get any after effects I wanted to be able to recognize them. So far no issues at all :-)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 07:50 am
Just had my 2nd. 100% vaccinated!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 09:16 am
A friend of mine got turned away for a vaccine because of an out of state license. This seems ridiculous.

My friend works remotely. His work is nowhere. They asked him, how do we know you aren't just trying to get a vaccine in Mass. He said I AM trying to get a vaccine in Mass.

We made a fake paystub for him. It was quicker than having him drive a couple of hours to New York. Given that the vaccines are federal and we want everyone who breathes in Massachusetts to get vaccinated, this makes no sense
Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 10:12 am
@maxdancona,
New Hampshire is giving them out to out of state residents. I think MA because they were so late doing this stuff is behind other states. They opened it up to everyone way too soon - I think to try to look good.

They still had not vaccinated all the older folks before they started opening it to others and so forth. Saw a long line at the local medical clinic - my assumption is they are giving out shots.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 08:17 pm
Both my significant other and I’ve had both vaccine shots....by last one was on January 28. We took off for 12 days but on a Costa Rican vacation. Lots of wildlife tours, chocolate farms and coffee tours. We’re having to fly back tomorrow. We’re being serenaded by monkeys o woodpeckers or something noisy now. Felt quite safe as far as Covid but, oh, these auto roads ... some of them are as bad as riding in Boston. We had our negative Covid lab results printed so we can come back home.
0 Replies