Does It Strike Anyone Else That Other Leaders Rush TO the

McGentrix

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:46 am
The Secret Service does not tell him what to do, they protect him as they are mandated to. You say he "decided on his own to run away and hide," yet all you have to support that is your own opinion.

You are certainly free to have your opinion, this is a free country, but it might help if you at least tried to form your opinions around something besides blind idiocy in the form of hating the President.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:58 am
Laughably, McGentrix wrote:
it might help if you at least tried to form your opinions around something besides blind idiocy...

There's that idiot word again. You should really try to expand your vocabulary.

You might do better to argue that the President followed the recommendations of his security detail. Stating that he had no choice just makes him sound like a wimp. (Which I believe he is; but you obviously feel differently.)
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:00 am
Blind idiocy: following the president without question, and spending hours daily praising his sorry ass on a web forum or elsewhere.

Question authority. It's the responsible thing to do.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:01 am
You obviously haven't read the article posted two pages back. I know it might harm your sensibilities, but go back and read it.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:04 am
You mean your post with 3,903 words in it? Was that supposed to change opinion?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:10 am
You mean the article where Bush whined that his security detail "wouldn't let him" go where he wanted to? What a wuss.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:37 am
Change opinion Intrepid? I doubt Hercules could change your opinion. It's supposed to expose you to the truth of what happened day regardless of your opinion.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:38 pm
McGentrix wrote:
You obviously haven't read the article posted two pages back. I know it might harm your sensibilities, but go back and read it.

Yes, I read it. It described how Bush was a nice boy and followed the instructions the nice Secret Service men gave him to keep him safe. His advisors, (who just might have a little at stake in making their boss look good), tell us that he wanted to return to Washington much earlier, but the Secret Service gave him advice that he shouldn't.

Contrast this with the behavior of the Vice-Presdent. He can't fire anybody. He can't give the Secret Service orders. But look what it says IN YOUR OWN LINK.

CBS wrote:
Agents swept up the 15 officials who stood to become president if the others were killed. They wanted to move Vice President Cheney, fearing he was in danger even in the bunker. But Cheney says when he heard the other officials were safe, he decided to stay at the White House, no matter what.

See the difference? The Secret Service wanted Cheney to leave, because of rumors that planes would hit the White House. But Cheney stayed, because he did not want a symobl of power of the US to be seen on the run, scurrying around. Cheney overrode the advice of the Secret Service. Bush did not dare to.

As Vice-President, Cheney was more aware of the symbolism inherent in his job than Bush showed as President.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 01:27 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Change opinion Intrepid? I doubt Hercules could change your opinion. It's supposed to expose you to the truth of what happened day regardless of your opinion.

Mickey Mouse could change my opinion. If he had valid information. Being exposed to the truth does not change the facts that Bush hid and Cheney stayed.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 01:35 pm
Intrepid wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Mickey Mouse could change my opinion. If he had valid information. Being exposed to the truth does not change the facts that Bush hid and Cheney stayed.

Uh, huh. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 02:31 pm
Intrepid wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Ain't that the truth.

Although McGentrix does show a strange resemblance to Mickey Mouse....
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 02:37 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Uh, huh. Rolling Eyes

Is that all you have to say McG?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 04:55 pm
Moving away from personalities, I would just like to hear a response as to why Cheney stayed in the White House bunker, even though the Secret Service men told him to leave because there might be danger. But Bush would not return to Washington until the Secret Service men told him to do so.

Cheney is not my favorite guy, not by a long shot. And it is indicative that his political past was as an assistant to Bush's father. He never really went after the presidency itself-never wanted the top job.

But in a crisis, Cheney, this career Number Two or Three, stepped up and realized the symbolism of standing his ground in the White House. Not to be seen running away.

Meanwhile, his boss was listening to all the people telling him how to play it safe. And play it safe he did.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 05:37 pm
I thought it was because Cheney is the president.
0 Replies