Does It Strike Anyone Else That Other Leaders Rush TO the

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 12:50 pm
bombed areas to assess the situation, speak to the public, calm the country, but that Bush flew here to and yonder like a frightened pup?

I wasn't able to comment at the time, but I was really struck by the immediate decision by Blair to leave the G-8 and go to London. Within a very short time (couple of hours?) he was back home leading the country and speaking via newsconference to the citizens.

And, look at Spain. Their president didn't go flying around to different parts of the country hiding.

What the heck is up with that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,957 • Replies: 73
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:00 pm
They showed true leadership. They did what had to be done and what should be done. They also initiated immediate followup to find the perpetrators. Arrests have been made and the investigation continues. You will, no doubt, hear how George Bush had to get into the air and hide because his safety was the main concern of his country. You will also be reminded of how George Bush stood atop a firetruck in New York City and waved to the crowds.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:02 pm
I do not believe any of the London Bombers had airplanes aimed at 10 Downing St.

That might have made a difference.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:08 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I do not believe any of the London Bombers had airplanes aimed at 10 Downing St.

And how would Blair know that?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:13 pm
DrewDad wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Shocked

Probably because he, and other Brits aren't idiots. They most likely performed some rapid deductions that this was the act of suicide bombers/bombs and not hijacked airplanes.

I seriously wonder if you are serious when you ask these kinds of questions... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:16 pm
So our intelligence isn't up to snuff with that of London?

BTW, my concern at the time was with the people in the burning buildings, not whether or not our president was in danger. He has plenty of protection and all planes were grounded by the time he got to his first hiding place, let alone his second or third.

Do you think any Londoners were concerned with Blairs safety as bombs went off? Or, when he announced he would be right there? What about people on or around the trains in Spain? Ya think any of them were thinking "Gee, I hope our president is safe!"
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:18 pm
It's been a while, but how long did Bush, Cheney, et. al. run from their shadows after 9/11? Guess our "leadership" is seriously impoverished in the rapid deductions arena.

Or the glacial deductions arena for that matter.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:20 pm
The only reason you know about it is that the media decided it was important that you knew about it. I do not recall a press release from the administration stating that Bush was going from one disclosed location to another.

Your beef seems to be with the press on this Squinney, why not allow yourself to see that?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:27 pm
OK. I'll blame the media for letting me know that our President has the intestinal fortitude of a tree squirrel.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:31 pm
Quit being an idiot. The President follows the procedures just as every president has and would.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:36 pm
McGentrix wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Shocked

Probably because he, and other Brits aren't idiots. They most likely performed some rapid deductions that this was the act of suicide bombers/bombs and not hijacked airplanes.

I seriously wonder if you are serious when you ask these kinds of questions... Rolling Eyes

By comparison I can only think that McG is claiming Bush and Americans ARE IDIOTS.

McG.. Umm.... airplanes were being GROUNDED and are on radar.. How do you ground suicide bombers or track them by radar? Within the time it would have taken Bush to get to the airport in FL, fly to DC. land and make it to the WH all the planes were on the ground.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:37 pm
Speaking of idiots:

McGentrix wrote:
The President follows...

Thanks for supporting the position that our President is not a true leader.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:41 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Speaking of idiots:

McGentrix wrote:
The President follows...

Thanks for supporting the position that our President is not a true leader.

Is this what you are going to use as an attempt at discussion? Laughing
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:43 pm
You call someone an idiot, McG, then gripe about the level of discussion several posts later?

That's rich...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:44 pm
It's a better attempt than this:

McGentrix snottily wrote:
Quit being an idiot.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:46 pm
parados wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Shocked

By comparison I can only think that McG is claiming Bush and Americans ARE IDIOTS.

McG.. Umm.... airplanes were being GROUNDED and are on radar.. How do you ground suicide bombers or track them by radar? Within the time it would have taken Bush to get to the airport in FL, fly to DC. land and make it to the WH all the planes were on the ground.

Wow. Your deduction skills are astounding. The way you just grasp someones point and then lay it gently on the ground and ignore it while flailing about ranting about stuff you obviously have no grasp of.

Do you understand what the Secret Service does? Do you know what protocols the Secret Service have in place in the event of a national emergency? Do you understand why those protocols are in place?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:47 pm
McGentrix wrote:

That might have made a difference.

um, do you remember that George was in Florida at the time? He was nowhere near Washington.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:49 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
You call someone an idiot, McG, then gripe about the level of discussion several posts later?

That's rich...

I believe I asked them to quit being an idiot. I did not call tham an idiot. In fact, I was trying to get them to engage their minds and engage them in a discussion. The result was poor at best. Sad
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:49 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Do you understand what the Secret Service does?

Sure. They keep Democrats away from where the President is speaking about Social Security.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:50 pm
McGentrix wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Shocked

Then you are saying that your president and his administration are idiots? Are you trying to remind everybody of the horrific deaths that people in the towers suffered, including having to jump from the burning building with your avatar?
0 Replies