3

Why are there TWO official Covid-19 vaccines?

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 03:09 pm
Hi. I don't know too much about recent positive developments regarding the Covid-19 pandemic and crisis. I do know two official Covid-19 vaccines were produced according to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines.html :

Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine

Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine

And there are 3 undergoing Phase 3 clinical trails:

AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine

Janssen’s COVID-19 vaccine

Novavax’s COVID-19 vaccine​

Why has more than one official vaccine been produced? Were additional ones going to be made in case people were allergic to at least one and not the others? My mother told me about the two official vaccines that were produced. She said one was better and safer than the other one. The other one she said is not good. How do I find out which one is which? When I contact my mother again I am going to ask her which one she took.

Please help. Thank you.

5  
Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 03:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
The same reason there’s more than one drugs manufacturer.

When different firms produce different vaccines there’s no guarantee they’ll work which is why it’s a good idea to make as many as possible. We’re fortunate so many have proven to be very effective.

-2  
Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 07:43 pm
Pfizer, Moderna, and Janssen are all safe, and all will prevent the disease from killing you.

Novavax is still undergoing testing for another month or so, but their interim test results look promising. It is almost certain that they will be proven safe and effective as well.

US regulators have some questions about AstraZeneca's current test results and so they are undergoing further tests before being allowed in the US. I'm unsure when their new tests will conclude.

JGoldman10

0  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 02:01 pm
I spoke to my mother recently. She doesn't even know which vaccine she took. The staff at the center has to look it up. My mother said she would get back to me when she finds out.

1  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 02:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
I can see why you’re so reliant on her for information.
JGoldman10

0  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 02:17 pm
She told ME there were too vaccines and that one vaccine was better than the other.

I am going to wait to hear back from her about this.

1  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 05:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

She told ME there were too [sic] vaccines and that one vaccine was better than the other.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing And you're listening to her as an expert in this subject.
JGoldman10 wrote:

When even the link you yourself posted indicated that there are three officially recognized and FDA-approved vaccines.
https://imgur.com/3LbRNJS.jpg
JGoldman10

0  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 06:28 pm
Oh pardon me. I overlooked the Johnson and Johnson one and left it out. I didn't even notice that one when I made this thread.

I never said my mother is an expert. My mother is still stuck in a nearby rehab center and nursing facility and it's still closed to the public.

Maybe CVS can suggest which one I should use.

-1  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 07:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'm sure CVS will give good advice.

I'm also sure that their advice will be that all three approved vaccines are safe, and that all three approved vaccines will prevent the disease from doing you serious harm.
JGoldman10

0  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 08:47 pm
@oralloy,
Are you serious or are you being facetious? I am not a medical expert.

I can call the rehab center my mom is in and ask to speak to an aide about this.

-1  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 08:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
I am being serious.

But if you want to be sure, go ahead and call CVS or consult your doctor.
JGoldman10

0  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 08:55 pm
@oralloy,
I think talking to someone at my physician's office is a better idea. I can ask to speak to a medical aide at my mother's rehab center also.

-1  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 08:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
Either will give you good advice. Go ahead and talk to them.
JGoldman10

0  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 09:00 pm
@oralloy,
You don't trust CVS?

1  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 09:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
I think they as well will give you good advice.
JGoldman10

2  
Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 09:10 pm
@oralloy,
Okay. It seemed like you were implying they would give me dubious advice.

3  
Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2021 06:17 am
I just had my vaccination, the healthcare workers who gave me the jab didn’t know what jab your mum had or which is the best.

They’d never even heard of your mum.

I will be writing a letter of complaint to the Lord Chief Justice.