A Brief History of Metaphysics! (By Homo Sapiens)

Wed 10 Feb, 2021 12:38 pm
My curriculum says I am unemployed but I do a lot of anxiety!

htam9876

Thu 11 Feb, 2021 06:07 pm
@Albuquerque,
What does "metaphysics" mean exactly in English?
0 Replies

knaivete

Thu 11 Feb, 2021 07:00 pm
A Brief History of Metaphysics

Metaphysics is what is.

What is an epigram
A dwarfisn whole
Its body brevity
And wit its soul

S T Coleridge
htam9876

Fri 12 Feb, 2021 06:31 am
@knaivete,
Sounds humor.
0 Replies

htam9876

Mon 15 Feb, 2021 01:44 am
Piggy heard someone said that “Relativity and QM are incompatible”. Yes. In Relativity, an electron can move from one position to another position. While in QM, movement is a big problem within the conception of distribution of probability. But in QM experiment such as the single slit or double slits experiments of electron, people still say that an electron move from the gun to the slit / slits…Just sounds messy. Uncertainty is a special conception in QM, while in Relative things are certain.
Even in SR itself, there seems an obscure flaw: when the velocity of an electron v → c, its kinematic energy trends to infinite while obviously the kinematic energy of a photon is not infinite.
It’s said that Relativity and QM are two base stones of modern physics. But can Relativity prove QM is reasonable? Can QM prove Relativity reasonable? Or both of them are wrong? Or there is a dwarf as low as the ground hiding behind the giants and catching their tails?

As piggy said in my own thread that, in Einstein’s energy – mass equation, the energy is internal energy. This is from the angle of theory. From the angle of experiment, we know that the annihilation of electron – positron pair can release energy. Obviously, elementary particle contains true internal energy. A question smoothly emerges: what’s internal energy and how it’s deposited? Some smart guys might suggest casually that an abstract mass point + a suite of math games is okay…Physics is going more and more misty and illusive. Why a substantial physical body must be opposed?

The above cases are just to spark thinking about physics one step forward in depth. Actually the primary answers could be found in piggy’s threads. The solution is in ONE physical model.
Piggy suggests those guys who feel physics has been speculated enough in sophisticated math games in the 20th century come back to the ground of physics.
………………………………….
Now piggy doubt whether I understand physics as the what coffin box from what CN said in PHF in 2020:
https://physicshelpforum.com/threads/the-game-of-match-sticks.16181/post-50090
Piggy never believes a normal Chinese would go to America and sabotage my normal research on web there. Piggy speculates that guy was sent by the First Order. Actually, over so many years, piggy is getting tired of the complicate and absolute cruel games of the First Order. Every time they are ever the winner while piggy be played down again and again. Die hard again and again.
给他江门地方黑恶势力钟永康集团及新会一中九一四班谁谁一个超文革赛阎王光荣称号快快全世界全宇宙打靶啦。当今时代,全世界没有什么人能够值得如此殊荣。呵呵
Perhaps this is most important mission for guys worldwide in the 21st century.
0 Replies

htam9876

Wed 17 Feb, 2021 02:13 pm
Philosophy of touching the elephant:

First, thanks to farmerman’s contribution of the classical version of the story of touching the elephant in my thread “Elephant vs Franklin”.
URL: https://able2know.org/topic/552257-1
Moreover, there is a modern version of the story of touching the elephant. Its author was a real genius (at least in math). And that’s the genesis of the term “touchy and feely”. haha
https://physicshelpforum.com/threads/how-to-make-a-career.14300/post-38783

Actually, the story of drawing a pig is talking the same philosophy.
https://physicshelpforum.com/data/attachments/2/2438-6d958cf5b40768024f140c0c36a98665.jpg
From the front view, people can draw two holes on the face of the pig, while from the side view people can draw a long nose. But neither view could represent the pig head entirely. The method to describe a pig is not sole. Any method of description is limited ability. Different method / angle of description can demonstrate different property.
………………………………
Notice, such denotation as “photon is massless”, “photon is a particle with spin *#”, etc, are just methods of descriptions (theory).
The fact is that such methods of descriptions (theory) can not help entirely solve the problem piggy mentioned ahead:“Even in SR itself, there seems an obscure flaw: when the velocity of an electron v → c, its kinematic energy trends to infinite while obviously the kinematic energy of a photon is not infinite.”
The idea of “photon is massless” seems tricky because it makes more and more “?” emitted into the night sky:
Two kinds / conceptions of energy – mass relationship appears:
1. Einstein’s energy – mass equation;
2. Such representation of “for a massless particle, its energy E = pc”
There is a hidden crisis too, namely, momentum will have two conceptions:
1. The classical conception of momentum is mv.
2. But for a “massless” particle. Its momentum p is just p, not equal to mv, because if it’s mv, then p = 0, and perhaps E = 0 too. Then, no games can be played on.
Sciences can not be interconnected.

There shouldn’t be two different conceptions for one thing in nature. If there is, that might be due to the flaw in theories.
(to be continued)
…………………………………….
In the philosophy of the Fist Order, piggy must die. Bounce…
Albuquerque

Wed 17 Feb, 2021 05:20 pm
@htam9876,
No matter how holistic your analysis tries to be you cannot avoid "perspectivism" Piggy...we have our Anthropic perspectivism and then some more, cultural and individual!

Perspectivism is not anti Universal, on the opposite it contributes for a Universal.

Any thing that is aware must have a perspective which is done at the expense of dropping other angles.

Even when you go for Universals and Ontology you lose Phenomenology and subjective direct contact with your real embodied personal experience in your now moment...

when you think abstractly you "stop being"...when you "are" you stop thinking.

Obviously the so called scientists have no clue on what I am rambling about right now...they can't even get squared with the basics on the languaging conceptual problem go figure meta biological perspectivism and embodied cognition... or worse, Meta Mathematics that explain Universals from different perspectives. That is, the field of all possible mathematical holistic arrangements that make each defined phenomenology of Reality Intelligible.
htam9876

Thu 18 Feb, 2021 04:39 am
@Albuquerque,
Excellent new term of “perspectivism”. The problem is that over the past decades, the “authentic” guys employed the “standard” perspective to ostracise other perspectives and the worst even the holistic. It’s already to such bad degree that piggy feels modern physics is already something heavy accumulated and hard to go back, perhaps even G* is not able to pull it out of the mud pit. piggy is pessimistic enough.
You didn’t make clear what’s happening.
……………………………………
Nor physics is merely a fair argument in philosophy. It’s to solve problems. Black cat white cat, which cat can catch the mouse, it’s a good cat.
…………………………………….
Or you can choose to use the word “meta - philosophy”. And perhaps piggy will never take a look. Actually, piggy is interested in this most: dig a hole under the fence and flee to America before the First Order decide to shout “execute”. Of course, “less digging” is favored. It’s said that large rabbits plague the UK. But even “one rabbit in two holes”, piggy can solve the problem. Good eating.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Thu 18 Feb, 2021 09:55 am
@Albuquerque,
In relation to your statement .....when you think abstractly you "stop being"...when you "are" you stop thinking.....

That is an interesting statement.

I use the term "I am" instead of "are" but they mean the same. One doesn't stop being when one thinks...all that happens is that one ENGAGES with a thought process....and then one DISENGAGES from that process. One experiences 2 off different CONSCIOUSNESS states if one subconsciously engages/disengages that's all....one doesn't stop BEING. This process I call mind movement and is generally described as autopilot/manual existence. Many people engage but don't disengage and therefore remain in the autopilot state even when they stop thinking.
Albuquerque

Thu 18 Feb, 2021 10:28 am
@Jasper10,
Yes Jasper it was a metaphor...congrats!
Jasper10

Thu 18 Feb, 2021 10:33 am
@Albuquerque,
The …"I am"... isn't a metaphor...
Albuquerque

Thu 18 Feb, 2021 11:43 am
@Jasper10,
Yeah you are a spectator build of meat assisting to the soap opera of your own unfolding bravo!
Jasper10

Thu 18 Feb, 2021 11:57 am
@Albuquerque,
Or not...
0 Replies

htam9876

Fri 19 Feb, 2021 01:24 pm
(continued from “Philosophy of touching the elephant”)

In Aug 2020, when the what coffin box from what CN tried hard to disturb my normal research in PHF, piggy was thinking seriously about the problem of the so - called “massless particle” and argued fiercely with physicists there. At last, piggy was defeated by the what coffin box from what CN in the thread “the game of match sticks”:
https://physicshelpforum.com/threads/the-game-of-match-sticks.16181/post-50090

Shortly after piggy left PHF, a local guy stopped piggy on the street and insisted he had a physics question to ask me. Piggy just replied to that guy: “I know nothing about physics”.
And then, piggy came back to the a2k galaxy and kept on with research on that problem of the so - called “massless particle”. Then, piggy started the thread “How to understand the energy - momentum equation in a natural way” in the Relativity forum:
URL: https://able2know.org/topic/551152-1
Piggy pointed out that the so – called energy - momentum equation E² = p²c² + (m0c²)² is actually a tricky math game and such representation as “for a massless particle, its energy E = pc” is just math game too. After analyzed carefully in math, its essence is as below:
If the energy – momentum equation reflects the stationary situation, it is just the mass – energy equation in stationary situation:
E0 = m0c²
If the energy – momentum equation reflects the dynamic situation, it is just the mass – energy equation in dynamic situation:
E = mc²

Since the energy – momentum equation E² = p²c² + (m0c²)² is considered generally applicable (to any particle), the stationary situation E0 = m0c² as well as the dynamic situation E = mc² is generally applicable (to any particle) too.
So, the energy of a particle should be calculated according to the energy – mass equation of Einstein only in physics. If you consider a particle is “massless”, then, its energy will be zero.
So, the so called “massless” particle is meaningless in physics. It does not exist in nature.

There piggy encountered an important guy: Mark.
He said: “@htam9876,
I agree.
Human 'measuring' capabilities are 'limited' by the structure of their 'set' construct.
Understanding the 'Nature' of 'Everything' was my life's purpose, until I finally understood this.
It's been a great journey - And it led me to 'Now'.
I recommend all souls to partake in my journey - Should (And it will) the opportunity arise.
…”

(Piggy likes to joke: if Mark is controlled by the First Order, that means the human civilization doomed. Haha)

And then, in this sense, the crisis of two conceptions of momentum automatically eliminated:
If you consider a particle is “massless”, then, its energy will be zero. According to the what equation E = pc, if E = 0, then p = 0.
Actually, it’s the same result as the calculation according to the classical conception of momentum p = mv. If you consider a particle is “massless”, m = 0, then, its momentum p = 0.
Such particle with no mass no energy no momentum is meaningless in physics. No game can be played on anymore.
So, piggy agrees that the classical conception of momentum p = mv applicable to all objects / particles: a pig, a rabbit, an elephant, a proton, an electron, a neutrino, a photon, etc.
(From the front view, people can’t draw a long nose. But it doesn’t mean that the pig head has no a long nose. It’s just the limitation of the method / angle of description. )

Liqang Chen
Feb 20, 2021
Piggy believes that except the First Law of Cosmos which created by the First Order (the local dark lords of the Jiangmen city and who who of the Class 914 of the No1. Middle School of Xinhui always try every means to confine piggy as a half - self payment watchman in their small business) never changes, history is ever developing.
Albuquerque

Fri 19 Feb, 2021 03:09 pm
@htam9876,
Man you have a lot more to say on metaphysics than I do...or did you got into the wrong thread on A2K?

I don't know what really is matter nor what really is energy and some physicists admit at close doors they don't either...you wouldn't distinguish a virtual reality existence from an actual one. Case in point it follows you can question if there is an actual "material" reality at all as we understand it from our domain of operations as humans...while I can't deny the phenomenology of my experience including the sense of "materialism" I don't know what there is more to "force" or "field" then a potential line of code that stops my hand at the table, more, I don't have much to say either about what the "I" ultimately is unlike Descartes who though he got it all figured out with his "I think therefore I am".

From the whole sentence "I think therefore I am" I am only certain of am or "is-ness"...not a clue about "think", not a clue about "I" just the am, and am as in pure experiencing without pointing to the substance of experiencers...which as far as I can see it experiencers are experiencing experiencing!

htam9876

Fri 19 Feb, 2021 04:18 pm
@Albuquerque,
Do you mean that you started a thread for yourself?
And do you mean you are surely have more to say about metaphysics than piggy?
Okay...
Albuquerque

Fri 19 Feb, 2021 04:43 pm
@htam9876,
No I don't mean any of that!
The thread is open to metaphysical speculation preferably within reason if possible as much as possible. What you decided to talk about either has no metaphysical conclusions or does not explain what conclusions are there.
I decided to joke on that with some harmless western humour Piggy.
Don't be so defensive Piggy as I am probably one of the few guys around which is not bonkers (crazy) and takes the time to try to decipher what you write and make the best with it!
htam9876

Fri 19 Feb, 2021 05:11 pm
@Albuquerque,
In Chinese old saying, you are 敬酒不吃吃罚酒
Albuquerque

Fri 19 Feb, 2021 05:31 pm
@htam9876,
"Great success"!
0 Replies

htam9876

Tue 6 Jun, 2023 07:08 am
If the author of this thread knows what's meta physics, feel free to show it up here.
Piggy hereby invites professional physicists around the world to review.
https://img.gmz88.com:4433/uploadimg/image/20190222/15508265625c6fbc425e7b93.79297194.gif
0 Replies