A Brief History of Metaphysics! (By Homo Sapiens)

htam9876

Wed 7 Jun, 2023 07:41 pm
Actually piggy appreciates the “consciousness” of the author of this thread very much.
People must dwell into this meta level to find a way out in physics this century.
Piggy recommends the what str# theory of last century to guys.
Neila9876 @ htam9876:
This tramp in cosmos reminds you: you are old and should retire...go to play with your rabbit pet…
htam9876@ neila9876:
No, this pig often heard people call me “pretty boy”(靓仔)
Neila9876 @ htam9876:
This tramp in cosmos reminds you: you are now suspected of “hijack”…understand?
htam9876@ neila9876:
Oh Lord, piggy got it, go now…

http://img.soogif.com/qy1GvgZn8VxlLieTQxsmkmV3ILLaT4db.gif?scope=guoyoo
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 8 Jun, 2023 01:32 am
Quote:
The term Metaphysical poets was coined by the critic Samuel Johnson to describe a loose group of 17th-century English poets whose work was characterised by the inventive use of conceits, and by a greater emphasis on the spoken rather than lyrical quality of their verse. These poets were not formally affiliated and few were highly regarded until 20th century attention established their importance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysical_poets
Albuquerque

Tue 13 Jun, 2023 03:48 am
@izzythepush,
Does energy carry information or does information carry energy?
If it is the case that it goes both ways, then what is Energy and what is Information deep down?
This of course, is a modern good example of a Metaphysical question I just came up with in a flash of "poetic musing"...

Who coined the term "Metaphysics", by the way, Andronicus of Rhodes from the Aristotle's school, says nothing about what the field is and who worked on it since the dawn of mankind! But then I am sure you know that, so I can't quite see the point of your last post..."poetic Metaphysicians" again seems to be a redundant trash talk observation on the nature of Poetry or Metaphysics, perhaps both, which is as old as the fields themselves...perhaps you had a far simpler point to be made and I, a simpleton, ignored it by a failure of perception or is it wisdom?...I can't quite make what it is, I am lost! Very Happy
izzythepush

Tue 13 Jun, 2023 04:13 am
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

Does energy carry information or does information carry energy?
If it is the case that it goes both ways, then what is Energy and what is Information deep down?
This of course, is a modern good example of a Metaphysical question I just came up with in a flash of "poetic musing"...

I know, I feel like His Coy Mistress, only more so.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 13 Jun, 2023 03:06 pm
@izzythepush,
hahahahahahahahahahahahHhahahHhHhHhHHhHhahahahAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!

Damn Izzy, I can't breathe!
izzythepush

Tue 13 Jun, 2023 03:25 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Thank you, I was wondering if anyone would notice.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 13 Jun, 2023 03:36 pm
@izzythepush,
Brilliant. Funniest thing I'll read today!
Albuquerque

Thu 15 Jun, 2023 05:26 am
@bobsal u1553115,
...as soon as I wrote "deep down" I knew I was going to regret it..Izzy didn't disappoint as usual...hmm, that said, with a hard left into humour there goes sideways the possibility of debating Idealism vs Materialism under a fresher more contemporary light...

...I've always defended humour, it is healthy to have it around, but in recent decades in a certain circle of the "educated" population a post modern cynicism and misplaced good humour has become common place ammunition to dodge complex situations one is not comfortable with always with a tirade of laughter to get out unscarred of a potential black room...the new kid in town of anti intellectual short narrative comes with a quick witty tirade of accessible humour...

A2K members have used this strategy to turn any potential intellectual juggling of ideas into shiizz with great effect.

Anyway I'll go back to the bushes as this is way past the reply I was willing to give...now I'll just skip the social gathering and go back to my usual mental retreat doing some more self mumbling and ranting with myself...
izzythepush

Thu 15 Jun, 2023 07:30 am
@Albuquerque,
You always go out of your way to prove that brevity is the soul of wit.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 15 Jun, 2023 10:27 am
@Albuquerque,
No offense. But you get to discuss with what you get. I can think of thousands of things worse than talking with Izzy, and not all that much better.

I understand your interest in a certain amount of wooo. I mean, really: "A Brief History of Metaphysics! (By Homo Sapiens)"?

How did you not expect a certain amount of ribbing on the title alone?

Secondly: How do you expect to draw a serious or open minded enough crowd to discuss metaphysics form a nation of mouth breathing knuckle draggers who don't believe in global warming because the Earth is flat?

Lastly - this is a fairly small community, and most of us don't get a thing from from free form discussions with no definitions or scope.

Regardless of some of our members who will take advantage of the quirky "discussing" to compensate for having read some fairly meaningless and contradicting propositions that hang alone with no effort to make a case.

Izzy's humor is intelligent, and it amuses me. So in my mind he provides justification for having read some vacuous puffery that initiated it.

I hope this explains why the type of discussion you crave is rare here. And why it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ... it really doesn't matter ...

Either sharpen your argument or toughen up!
izzythepush

Thu 15 Jun, 2023 11:00 am
@Albuquerque,
You just don't like being the butt of jokes.

And that's a shame because your puffed up arrogance and constant ego massaging, (have you mentioned your IQ or oustanding academic career lately,)* makes you an ideal target.

I don't defend humour, I do humour, and that's all thd eefence it needs.

*Of course you bloody have, you're worse than Oralloy.
izzythepush

Fri 16 Jun, 2023 01:45 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I just thought that a link to the Metaphysical Poets would add to any discussion on metaphysics.

And I have to admit the first time I heard the word metaphysical it was immediately followed by poet.

Albuquerque's response was snide and passive agressive so I decided to have a bit of fun.

To be honest, I don't have the time, interest or inclination to unravel his convoluted sentences to see if he really is as intelligent as he claims, or just full of it.

This whole thread is a vanity project where we simple, benighted, mortals wonder at the divine erudition of the 21st Century's answer to Einstein.

I didn't do that, which is why he threw his rattle out of the pram.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 16 Jun, 2023 07:50 am
@izzythepush,
Like I said, your contributions are very seldom not worth it. And most importantly you don't whinge.

I was thinking of the transcendentalist poets. It's just hard to get these woooo chasers to understand that metaphysics aren't science. And metaphysics still have a value to society.
izzythepush

Fri 16 Jun, 2023 10:00 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Thank you.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Fri 16 Jun, 2023 11:23 am
@izzythepush,
...oh but this is a public place can't you see the joke is on you?

What I need to know I know it to myself and when I share it it is cached or dropped accordingly by whoever is reading!

Props to your belief system whatever you fancy on your plate, ciao bela!
bobsal u1553115

Fri 16 Jun, 2023 12:31 pm
@Albuquerque,
This an example of what I am talking about. If you're going beyond your ken with a statement, you ought to do a tad of fact checking before you take your swing at the bat.

https://www.dictionary.com › e › translations › ciao-bella
ciao bella Meaning | Translations by Dictionary.com
Ciao bella is an informal Italian expression literally meaning "goodbye (or hello), beautiful." Where does ciao bella come from? ciaobellarome.com Ciao bella is a friendly, sometimes flirtatious way to address a singular woman or a friendly way to greet a close female friend.

So you are flirting with Izzy because you think he's female? Settle down and stop chewing scenery, you'd actually be a lot happier here. Right now you make yourself a bit of a minor laughing stock.

Next time, for Izzy at least, try ciao bello.

Albuquerque

Fri 16 Jun, 2023 01:35 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You are a real treat...Izzy is a grown up and I haven't pushed him in any way or fashion...don't you go on policing phantoms will ya?

Also have the sense of not pushing a teaching lesson on Italian to a Latino even if a Portuguese one just knows what ciao bella means, also skip the God damn music everyone and their mom knows...it is just hilarious seeing you bring that up!

PS - What the heck...people come up pooping on the thread with one liners nonsense out of the blue, saying nothing of value, debating nothing, just passing time, or better, wasting it, and then they complain about one calling them out for what they came...I couldn't care less with what people think about me, my IQ, (frack that we are all stupid beyond belief) is just pathetic...if you don't like the thread why are you in here? Same goes for everyone else, just skip...I can't recall the last time I went on one of those threads around for gossip...
izzythepush

Fri 16 Jun, 2023 01:35 pm
@Albuquerque,
Now you sound like Jasper.
Albuquerque

Fri 16 Jun, 2023 01:38 pm
@izzythepush,
Jasper and Piggy are bots...can't you tell?
bobsal u1553115

Fri 16 Jun, 2023 06:18 pm
@Albuquerque,
Oh no they aren't.
0 Replies