Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Democrats and Israel share the strategy of trying to dehumanize their adversaries.
Lash

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:13 pm
@izzythepush,
It would grow exponentially.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:16 pm
@Lash,
That is absolute ****.

Trump is the one calling everyone fascists and marxists.

Trump's words alone show him for what he is.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:18 pm
@Lash,
It won't make any difference, the planet will be fucked.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Actions speak louder than words.
Nothing Trump has ever done even approaches what the Dems are doing every day.

They are stepped in blood so far…
izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:23 pm
@Lash,
Assault on the capitol, attacking Democracy.

It's like you're in an alternative world.

Trump is heading up a fascist white christian fundamentalist dictatorship.

People excused Hitler in the same way, politicians always exagerrate, Lloyd George promised to hang the kaiser after all.

However, Hitler did what he said, and Trump will be the same.

I'm worried and I'm a bloody ocean away.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:33 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Lash wrote:

It’s super heartening to see the ones who are leaving permanently for the Green Party. We’ll need them to grow the party.

If Trump gets in there won't be a Green Party.

She is not interested in growing the Greens, Izzy, she is only interested in defeating the left.

The other stuff is nothing but the bullshit of which I spoke.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:34 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Democrats and Israel share the strategy of trying to dehumanize their adversaries.

Talk to a Democrat about that. I disagree totally, but I prefer to let the Democrats defend themselves.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:35 pm
@izzythepush,
If we had democracy, Democrats wouldn’t routinely cheat elections, sue third parties off of ballots, and pay people to spread misinformation online about their competitors.

David Duke was paid to ‘endorse’ Jill Stein.
Pallets of bricks were left in black neighborhoods on George Floyd protest routes.
The J6 crowd was infiltrated by FBI instigators.
Cops at Columbia University were ordered to stand down as Zionist groups beat pro-Palestinian students.

Democrats are basically clinging to one of two groups:

Those terminally propagandized by state news.

Those who don’t want to know.

England is putting up a better resistance to the same controls than Americans are because your educational system hasn’t been as ruined as ours, your government hasn’t allowed your food to be as poisoned as ours, and you have access to healthcare & mental healthcare.

We are losing our battle.

Good luck to you.
Lash

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:38 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

And I recognize bullshit when I see it.

You don’t, but I definitely do.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:39 pm
Don't try to hang all of Israel's crimes over the heads of the Democrats.

It's an American thing, if anything the Republicans have been far more complicit over the years.

The election has given Netanyahu an opportunity to ramp up the genocide, taking advantage over both parties' need of Jewish votes.

Biden has given Netanyahu an ultimatum, 30 days to improve aid access to Gaza.

In effect he's kicking it into the long grass. To Palestinian supporters it looks like he is taking action, but as far as Israel's supporters go the arms haven't stopped.

Any decision will be made after the election and then we'll have a better idea if there is a serious chance for peace, or more of the same.

I honestly don't know what that will be, but I sincerely believe Harris is a far better choice for Palestinians, Americans and the planet itself.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:41 pm
@Lash,
If you had democracy the winner of the popular vote would be president.

The electoral college is anti democratic.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:44 pm
@Lash,
It's the UK.

Our food safety rules have gone down since leaving the EU.

My mate, who voted Brexit, now accepts it was the biggest mistake this country has ever made.

We need to rejoin the EU and remove foreign (US) military forces from our soil.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:45 pm
@izzythepush,
You have a valid point: there are some idiot republicans Christians who either 1. believe that Israel is some God-ordained lynchpin in the return of Christ or 2. love those sweet Israeli bribes and they are equally guilty with Democrats. I single Democrats out because they have formed a really powerful alliance with media and the spy departments. They’re much stronger and scarier.

The 30-day thing just intentionally gives Israel 30 more days to murder and starve Palestinians. Nobody’s fooled.

Harris will continue Biden’s policies, but it’s very likely Trump will, too.

We’re all quite fucked.

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:47 pm
@izzythepush,
I’d give my right arm for rank choice voting.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 12:50 pm
@Lash,
Trump has already shown a desire to start a war with Iran.

Biden is white with a childhood very familiar with the Holocaust and the establishment of Israel.

His Catholic faith adds another dimension.

Harris comes from a different place, as a woman of colour she is aware of discrimination and, as she's of a younger generation, she's less affected by the collective western guilt surrounding the Holocaust.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 01:03 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

And I recognize bullshit when I see it.

You don’t, but I definitely do.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1058608093.6827/bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 01:11 pm
@hightor,
Harris maintains lead over Trump among Black swing state voters
Quote:
Howard University poll shows 84% of Black likely voters in seven swing states say they plan to vote for Harris

A new poll has revealed that Kamala Harris continues to lead Donald Trump among Black likely voters in battleground states.

The poll, conducted by Howard University’s Initiative on Public Opinion from 2 October to 8 October, surveyed 981 Black likely voters in the states of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

The results show that 84% of respondents said they planned to vote for the vice-president, while only 8% said they would support Trump for president in November, and another 8% remained undecided.

The survey also identified the most important issues for the respondents, with “democracy/voting rights/elections’” ranked as a top priority, followed by the economy and abortion rights.

About 63% of respondents indicated that were “very excited” about voting in November.

When asked their opinion of Harris, 61% of respondents expressed a “very favorable” opinion of the vice-president, while only 14% held a “very unfavorable” opinion of her.

In contrast, 10% of respondents viewed Trump as “very favorable” and 74% reported a “very unfavorable” opinion of the former president.

The margin of error in this poll is plus or minus 3.2 percentage points.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 02:42 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GaGrqexb0AI4qAn?format=jpg&name=small
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2024 02:44 pm
Quote:

Acyn@Acyn
2h
Kamala Harris: This moment gives us an opportunity to finally end the war in Gaza. It must end such that Israel is secure, the hostages are released, the suffering in Gaza ends and the Palestinian people realize their right to dignity, security, freedom…
0 Replies