Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

blatham

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 06:56 am
@hightor,
I love the concluding line...
Quote:
The good news for Democrats is that America has been cranking out white male politicians for several hundred years. If Harris is looking for a conventional running mate, she has an embarrassment of riches.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 08:11 am
A very good piece HERE on GOP's continuing attempts to "crush misinformation research". Not surprising that Jim Jordan is a central figure.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 08:18 am
More than 30 Democrats will be boycotting Netanyahu's address, no Republicans, but that won't stop Lash banging on about how the Democrats are controlled by Zionists while constantly refusing to criticise the Reupublicans.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 08:24 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Harris is NOWHERE in the universe of Progressive which is why she has 0 CA support and 1% of black support and dropped out first in a field of nobodies—the least popular nobody.
Quote:
Republicans are circulating a video that repeatedly casts Vice President Harris as potentially “the most liberal nominee” in U.S. history, a preview of some of the attacks she is likely to face until Election Day if she becomes the Democratic presidential nominee.

Dave McCormick, the GOP candidate for Senate in Pennsylvania, was among those who recently shared the video, attacking his opponent, Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.), for having endorsed Harris.
WP
blatham

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 08:36 am
Quote:
The Intellectualist@highbrow_nobrow
1h
Top Trump supporter Marsha Blackburn says Griswold v. Connecticut (1965) is “constitutionally unsound”.

*Griswold v. Connecticut protects the right of married couples to use contraceptives without government restriction.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 08:54 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
More than 30 Democrats will be boycotting Netanyahu's address, no Republicans, but that won't stop Lash banging on about how the Democrats are controlled by Zionists while constantly refusing to criticise the Reupublicans.

This is just one of the very many subject areas where her project of constantly disparaging Democrats is blaringly evident. Netanyahu has always been far more tightly aligned with Republicans and has worked to assist GOP candidates and US presidents (from Carter through Clinton, Obama and Biden) and to damage Dems. The Adelsons have thrown their multi-millions to Bush and Trump, never to Dems. Recently, she's used AIPAC's influence on American policies as a cudgel to attack Biden and Dems without any attention on where that lobby has put most of it's money and influence...

Quote:
‘Morally bankrupt’: outrage after pro-Israel group backs insurrectionist Republicans
Aipac defends move by saying that support for the Jewish state overrides other issues as it faces a storm of criticism.

The US’s most powerful pro-Israel lobby group has been accused of putting support for Israel before American democracy after it declared its backing for the election campaigns of three dozen Republican members of Congress who tried to block President Biden’s presidential victory.
HERE

Such obvious inconsistencies are the main evidence of her acting in bad faith here.

PS: Three Jewish political writers who each have strong ties to the state of Israel yet who have always been very outspoken regarding Israel's far right and AIPAC's activities in America are Josh Marshall, Eric Alterman and Peter Beinart. When/if you see their names attached to discourse on this matter, I recommend you attend to it.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 09:13 am
Winner of today's "No ****, Sherlock!" award

Britain and Germany team up on defense as fears grow Trump will ditch Ukraine
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 09:24 am
@Builder,
Bibi had probably already selected Kamala’s VP., but I think Kamala is not Israel’s favored candidate.

I’m glad she ducked this mortal wound Netanyahu and Mike Johnson are inflicting on America via Congress. She joins a handful of others rejecting Netanyahu, but the others aren’t pretending to have scheduling issues.

I think Bibi favors Trump.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 09:27 am
To add to my post above quoting Izzy...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTQkscRXgAAm7ao?format=jpg&name=medium
Lash

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 09:31 am
@izzythepush,
You’ve missed so much.

Israel controls both parties.
Lash

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 09:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
My opinion and the opinion of Republicans are very frequently different.

She’s no progressive.
Republicans have called her a Marxist and a communist.🤷‍♀️
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 09:39 am
I really really recommend this morning's memo at TPM. Harris is really good and the contrast with Trump is in high definition.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 09:42 am
@Lash,
I've already explained it.

You either don't understand or deliberately refuse to acknowledge facts that go against the Protocols of Zion.

Israel is America's outpost in The ME. It's how it projects power and keeps the industrial military complex employed.

That's no. 1 regardless of who is in power, any pro Israel lobbying comes second in any consideration.

I've not missed a damn thing, but you've deliberately missed the point.

And saying that Netanyahu is choosing Harris' VP is a vile smear with no basis in reality.

You're doing what you and your fellow Republicans have always done, throw as much **** as you can and hope it sticks.
Lash

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 09:45 am
@izzythepush,
When did you become such an obedient neocon apologist?
You want to keep the MIC working?
Who are you?
blatham

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 09:49 am
Someone above just claimed that "Israel controls both parties".

Do a google search with that in quotation marks and see what comes up.

Or try "Israel controls the world" or any other such ideological framing and sift through the John Birch/white nationalist universe of anti-Semitism for your day's supply of ******* lunacy.
Lash

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 09:52 am
@blatham,
About 600 American Jews occupied the Capitol rotunda, protesting Netanyahu, his genocide, and our dirty congress having the gall to invite this dirty murderer into the people’s house.

I’m on their side.

They were arrested btw.
Lash

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 09:54 am
If you ever wondered how you would’ve behaved during the Nazi movement, you’re doing it now.
blatham

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 10:19 am
A new term I just bumped into which I wish I'd coined...

"broligarchs"
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 10:29 am
@Lash,
When did you become an antisemitic bigot?

The problem has always been rich white people.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2024 10:31 am
@Lash,
Did those 600 America Jews claim Israel controls both parties, because that is the point being made?

Whenever you're faced with a difficult fact you try to change the subject and go off on a tangent.
0 Replies