Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 08:00 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Hey, Glennn...I was agreeing with you.

Oh, well, then I'll stop asking you why you support a candidate who supports a war criminal who's presently committing genocide in Gaza. I honestly thought you were attempting to overlook Joe Biden's willing participation in Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu's war crimes against innocent Gazans. Welcome aboard, frank.

Hard to imagine what's going through Joe Biden's head when even innocent starving children doesn't move him to withhold weapons from the ones managing the starvation.
Quote:
But you are just going to get the same explanation I've given you several times already.

So far, your only explanation for your support of Joe Biden's willing participation in war crimes is that trump is worse. But trump hasn't been aiding and abetting a war criminal yet.

Only a stupid person would choose Trump over Joe Biden.

But you are not able to understand that yet...so we are at an impasse.
Glennn

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 08:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Why is Joe Biden supporting Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu's war crimes against innocent Gazans?

You obviously believe that I'm not seeing the situation for what it is, but can't, for the life of you, explain in words how your support for a president who is supporting a war criminal does not mean you are incapable of comprehending reality.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 08:16 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Actually, frank, only a stupid person would support a candidate who's aiding and abetting a war criminal as we speak.

They're starving children, frank. What are you supporting?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 08:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
this cannot be emphasized enough.

Trump is currently sitting in a courtroom... Biden is not...
Glennn

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 08:26 am
@Region Philbis,
Biden is sending bombs and munitions to a real time war criminal who's committing war crimes against innocent people. In your estimation, that's not as bad as sitting in a courtroom. Gotcha!

I can't believe I have to say this to a thinking person, but nobody is dying in that courtroom, are they? But people in Gaza ARE dying, aren't they? Yes they are!!

Your morality appears to be thoroughly compromised.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 09:35 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Quote:
this cannot be emphasized enough.

Trump is currently sitting in a courtroom... Biden is not...

Bingo!
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 09:37 am
@Region Philbis,
Israeli strikes on the southern Gaza city of Rafah overnight killed 18 people, including 14 children, health officials said Sunday. Meanwhile, the United States was on track to approve billions of dollars of additional military aid to its close ally.

Israel has carried out near-daily air raids on Rafah, where more than half of Gaza's population of 2.3 million has sought refuge from fighting elsewhere. It has also vowed to expand its ground offensive to the city on the border with Egypt despite international calls for restraint, including from the U.S.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rafah-gaza-israel-strikes-deaths-children/
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's one of those air-strikes against innocent civilians in Rafah.

https://twitter.com/BRICSinfo/status/1782090165957095478?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1782090165957095478%7Ctwgr%5E4a1207f7589e3ce36f6e5e2494608c5d4cd17c27%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.globalresearch.ca%2Fisrael-brutal-attack-rafah%2F5855398

Hope no body got hurt.

They're killing and starving children, Region Philbis. What's worse than aiding and abetting them?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 10:28 am
@Glennn,
Aiding and abetting Putin as well.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 10:41 am
Quote:
Biden is sending bombs and munitions to a real time war criminal who's committing war crimes against innocent people. In your estimation, that's not as bad as sitting in a courtroom. Gotcha!

I can't believe I have to say this to a thinking person, but nobody is dying in that courtroom, are they? But people in Gaza ARE dying, aren't they? Yes they are!!

Your morality appears to be thoroughly compromised.

I don't know why folks here are giving this Glennnnn person so much flak.

Historically, as everyone knows, it has always been the Republican Party and the American right which has long harbored the most sincere and profound sympathy with the plight of Palestinians, Muslims and Arabs. When, I ask you, has a Republican President ever bombed cities filled with Muslim men, women and children? It's never happened. And if it had, I think we know with certainty that Glennnnnnn's protests would have been loud and principled. Even the large Evangelical community in America have long loved and cherished Arabs and voiced support and affinity for the Muslim faith. Or we can look at Fox News which has always almost bent over backwards to voice their natural empathy with those in Gaza and the West Bank, bemoaning the cross those people have to bear.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 10:53 am
Quote:
Why is Joe Biden supporting Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu's war crimes against innocent Gazans?

Lemme guess – because Israel and the USA are longtime allies?
Glennn

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 11:03 am
@hightor,
So, being someone's ally means that you not only overlook their war crimes, but you also support those war crimes with your own bombs and munitions?
hightor

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 11:13 am
@Glennn,
You'd have to ask someone who actually makes those sorts of decisions. I don't know what sorts of strategic agreements exist between the two countries. Being that Israel is a nuclear power (although officially "undeclared", I believe) in an unstable area of the planet it would make sense to assume a high level of cooperation and exclusive channels of communication. The more I think about this, the more sense it makes for you to go higher than A2K and direct your questions to the State Department. If you find some answers I hope you'll share what Mr. Blinken told you.
Glennn

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 11:24 am
@hightor,
Quote:
You'd have to ask someone who actually makes those sorts of decisions.

I'm asking why YOU support a candidate who is actively helping a war criminal in the commission of his war crimes.

So far, all I've heard is: Yeah, but trump!
hightor

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 11:31 am
@Glennn,
I, and several others, have already answered this question.
Glennn

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 11:36 am
@hightor,
Dislike of trump is not a justification for backing a candidate who continues to send Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu the bombs and other munitions he needs to commit his war crimes; it only seems that way when your loyalty knows no bounds.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 11:50 am
@Glennn,
Trump is an enemy of western Europe, democracy and the environment.

Churchill said he'd make a pact with the Devil himself after Hitler invaded Russia, and I feel the same about voting for Trump.

If Satan were the alternative to Trump he'd get my vote.

Trump is the most powerful and compelling reason to vote for Biden.

Why don't you tell us of the possible positive consequences of Trump's quisling presidency, one that doesn't involve Russian tanks rolling into Poland and Trump shitting his pants instead of living up to America's NATO commitments.

Personally I don't see how that will help Palestine, but it will help the NRA creeps justify getting more guns so more schools can be shot up for the sick perverts.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 11:53 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
Dislike of trump is not a justification for backing a candidate...

Maybe not, but Trump's promised to increase the level of weapons exported to Israel – that's in addition to what he plans for climate policy, taxes, deregulation, voting rights, reproductive and sexual freedom, NATO, public health, and the future of our democratic experiment.
Quote:
...it just seems that way when your loyalty knows no bounds.

It's not "loyalty" – it's based on a comparison of the two candidates' records and their proposals going forward.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 12:08 pm
Israel still has failed tomproduce any evidence that members of UNWRA have been involved of complicity in the Hamas atrocities.

The Colonna report said that UNWRA had provided a list of its employees to Israel for vetting, and there had been no concerns since 2011.

UNWRA is essential for the survival of Palestinians and Western aid immediately stopped after these unfounded allegations.

At the time the UK said it would start paying once the Colonna report was published but has yet to do so.

And Congress took action to make funding UNWRA illegal.

At the time Israel had been accused of directly targetting, hospitals, aid convoys and sniping at children so you can see why they would want to detract from that.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 12:20 pm
@izzythepush,
In view of the above one can understand why some Arab Americans have decided not to vote for Biden.

Blinken was asked he valued Israeli lives over Palestinian obes, he saidno, but he was clearly lying, the facts speak for themselves.

Palestinian humanitarian aid is stopped on hearsay, but Israel gets military aid after deliberately targetting aid convoys with European and Australian aid workers in them.

America then uses its veto to deny Palestinians the protection that formal recognition would give them.

There seems to be a mood here to blame Arab American voters for withholding their votes fir Biden in the same way voters were blamed for Hilary Clinton losing.

It's not the voters fault. Biden needs to reach out to them, offer them something, and the minor talk of sanctions against certain IDF units and individuals isn't really enough. It will be looked on as lip service and nothing mord.

Like I have said I'm not the one you have to convince.

Biden's supine response to Netanyahu is pissing all over his chances of re-election, and for that, if no other reason, he should demand an immediate ceaefire now.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 01:23 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I, and several others, have already answered this question.

Indeed. And this is the result of others sincerely responding to a loaded question: These answers have all been rejected (on the basis of failing to meet a presupposed moral threshold), reframed, and the same loaded question is tauntingly repeated. Over five days now, within 100 or so comments. It failed to resemble debate days ago, and we are in violation of rules 6 and 9 of a2k's content policy by continuing on with this spectacle.