Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Though, we do need to weed white supremacists out of the military via discharge.

Why should their private beliefs matter?

And what about people who are falsely accused of white supremacism?
snood

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:21 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:
Though, we do need to weed white supremacists out of the military via discharge.

Why should their private beliefs matter?

And what about people who are falsely accused of white supremacism?

Irrelevant white supremacy apologist said what?
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:23 pm
@snood,
Poor snood isn't smart enough to post an intelligent argument and can only spout childish name-calling.

I'm a lot more relevant than you are actually, as I am capable of coming up with intelligent ideas and communicating them to other people.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:27 pm
For Hightor and a couple others who were holding out hope that Joe Biden’s prior relationship with McConnell might enable some cooperation...

Two days in, McConnell has already issued a blanket statement labeling Biden’s exec orders as “symbols for the far left”.
He’s showing every sign of resisting any further Covid relief even though it has wide bipartisan support.

I still say Joe is dreaming of winning knife fights with laurel leaves.

What the Dems need to do is 86 the filibuster, so that the can do the initiatives they REALLY NEED TO DO AND WERE ELECTED TO DO with a simple majority in the Senate.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:27 pm
@neptuneblue,
Let's qualify that with "supposedly." The only places I know that are even affected are nursing homes. And an awful lot of people are dying of other causes.

Such as suicide from isolation. Such as losing all their money from months without work.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:33 pm
@oralloy,
Speak for yourself.

I want them to shut up about COVID and get back to business. It's clearly a ploy to (a) enact a Mark economy where nobody can buy or sell without whatever is the latest thing (mask, vaccine, chip, brand on your forehead), and (b) to rig the 2020 election by making mail-in voting a huge thing.

When you don't work, you get stir-crazy and start deciding it's the end of the world. Pretty soon you're right.
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:34 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
It's a real disease and it does kill people.
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:35 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Two days in, McConnell has already issued a blanket statement labeling Biden's exec orders as "symbols for the far left".

In other words, the American people are not as irrelevant as you wanted to believe, and the resistance to the Biden Administration is already well underway.
snood

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:42 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:
Two days in, McConnell has already issued a blanket statement labeling Biden's exec orders as "symbols for the far left".

In other words, the American people are not as irrelevant as you wanted to believe, and the resistance to the Biden Administration is already well underway.

Irrelevant MAGAT having delusions of speaking for the American people said what?
roger

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

The Gulf War as a 13B, cannon crewmember/artillery.

Three years - SE USA
Two years - Dinky little Army Airfield somewheres in Germany.

Hey, you go where they send you, and I ain't sorry.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
I do have a problem with taking something away from anybody, things they have earned - especially something that can benefit them for a lifetime (higher education benefits and housing loans), death (burial benefits), health (insurance and hospitals). When someone puts their life on the line, even if they are supremacists of any kind - well, if they are not guilty of actual illegal actions, and even then; they put their life on the line. And, then there is their wives and children. Now, if they commit other acts, well there are criminal laws and they can go to prison for bad deeds!

And, I give great thanks to cannoneers! For us infantryman, late at night and in the bush - a "fire for effect" can change the minds of many a highly determined enemy to turn around and ease our mines! Can I get a HURRAH! AGAIN! AGAIN! AGAIN! 😉

One year 11months 7 days (early out for Christmas), drafted,
1 year Nam, 11B machine gunner,
5 months, Assistant Battalion Supply Sgt,
Offered E-6 to reup I said, "No f....ing way!.
snood

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 09:01 pm
@BillW,
The correct spelling is hoo-rah, pronounced with an emphasis on the ‘who’ part.

Just sayin...😄
BillW

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 09:05 pm
@snood,
Give me a hoo-rah for snood, again 😋
bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 09:07 pm
@oralloy,
Care to prove that?

Because I've been from Texas to South Carolina to Maryland to New Jersey. And I have seen no symptoms at all.

Numbers on a page do not a virus make.

Suppose I made up a disease to get people to panic.

Let's call it Stupidity. I can just see the news articles.

"Man catches a rare disease known as Stupidity from market in Xi'an near the Bell Tower. Doctors and scientist puzzled."

(Liberals sweep it under the rug, like they did with Coronavirus)

"Stupidity has spread to the US! Cases are prevalent in Los Angeles and Seattle. Reports of people dying from Stupidity."

"Numbers climb to a whopping 15% of the population! People are wearing denim masks to block out Stupidity. Skeptics say it could worsen symptoms as airflow to the brain is hindered."

Like that. Now maybe you could cure yourself of Stupidity by actually questioning the news you are presented with? Or will you be another fatal case?
snood

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 09:21 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Give me a hoo-rah for snood, again 😋

I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that said

HOO-RAH!
( It’s an Army thing; you wouldn’t understand )
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 09:32 pm
Biden says death toll from pandemic likely will top 500,000 next month, says it will take months ‘for us to turn things around’

Quote:
A new federal strategy to tame the coronavirus pandemic focuses on trying to make tests and vaccines more abundant, schools and travel safer, and states better able to afford their role in the long road back to normal life.

The plan and 10 executive orders that President Biden issued Thursday include the creation of a Pandemic Testing Board that can spur a “surge” in the capacity for coronavirus tests. Other orders will foster research into new treatments for covid-19, the disease caused by the virus; strengthen the collection and analysis of data to shape the government’s response to the crisis; and direct the federal occupational safety agency to release and enforce guidelines to protect workers from getting infected.

Several aspects of the “National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness” are intended to steer more money to states, which have complained they need more funding to carry out the work placed on them for testing, vaccinating residents and other functions. The plan says the White House will try to persuade Congress to cover the entire cost for states to vaccinate low-income residents on Medicaid, while directing health officials to explore whether the program’s payment rates for vaccinations should be higher.

These actions, dealing with the public health crisis the new president has defined as his top priority, were the subject of Biden’s central public event his first full day in office. He framed them in a tone that balanced grimness with optimism.

“It’s going to take months to turn things around,” Biden said, predicting that the virus will have killed a half-million Americans by next month. But then he added, “To a nation waiting for action, let me be clearest on this point: Help is on its way.”

The 198-page plan released Thursday is far from a federal takeover of the nation’s efforts to cope with the worst health calamity in a century. Yet it represents a pronounced shift away from the Trump administration’s deference to each state to design its own plan for coronavirus testing and carry out other elements of its response.

The replacement plan synthesizes many of the goals and strategies for fighting the coronavirus that Biden has mapped out in the weeks and days leading to his inauguration, including in a $1.9 trillion request to Congress for these efforts and to hasten the nation’s economic recovery. Many represent promises whose success or failure will be borne out in their details and execution.

Speaking from the White House’s State Dining Room, Biden portrayed the strategy as “a wartime undertaking,” noting the coronavirus has claimed more U.S. lives in the past year than World War II.

Anthony S. Fauci, the government’s top infectious-disease expert and Biden’s chief medical adviser for the pandemic, distanced himself slightly Thursday from the new administration’s depiction of fully rejecting President Donald Trump’s response to the pandemic. “We’re coming with fresh ideas but also ideas that were not bad ideas from the last administration,” Fauci said, without elaborating.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/biden-coronavirus-executive-actions/2021/01/21/9a4ab954-5b56-11eb-8bcf-3877871c819d_story.html

On personal note, my family and I have contracted COVID-19 in the last few months. Most recovered, some did not.
BillW

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 09:38 pm
@snood,
In my unit we would have said, "GARRYOWEN"! Then again, we were in the bush all the time, so total noise abatement was always SOP!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 09:39 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj, my prayers go with you!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 10:04 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:
Care to prove that?

Here is a picture of Covid cases overflowing in a hospital:

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1351714948854870019/zXKD-uOc?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/aboutKP/status/1341924161468342272
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 10:05 pm
@snood,
Now snood, I know you can't come up with anything intelligent to say, but your name-calling is getting silly.

That the American people are opposing and undermining the Biden Administration can be seen by all your pathetic whining about them opposing and undermining the Biden Administration.

I know that progressives really hate reality, but no. Reality isn't a delusion.
0 Replies