Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 11:19 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
people are seeing that everyday Americans do not support their violent actions.

Peaceful protests are hardly violent actions. And I'm an everyday American who supports the peaceful protesters.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 11:21 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
Buncha redneck thugs

Progressives don't like it when people stand up to their tyranny.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 11:55 am
@glitterbag,
The Army inexplicably creates a heap of suspicion in handling of Michael Flynn’s brother
Quote:
[...]
But there has been no reason to think that Michael Flynn’s beliefs had any bearing on the actions of his brother. And indeed, Charles Flynn’s involvement in the meeting made a lot of sense, given his role as the Army’s deputy chief of staff for operations, plans and training. Charles Flynn isn’t in the chain of command, but this is something you’d expect him to take part in.

But for some reason, the Army decided to falsely deny and otherwise obfuscate that fact. And the timeline reinforces just how poorly conceived and handled the entire situation was.

As The Post’s story notes, then-Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy talked around Charles Flynn’s involvement during a Jan. 12 interview with The Post. He said that he hadn’t been on that particular call, suggesting that he didn’t know whether Flynn was.
[... ... ...]
One anonymous official, though, has indicated that this is precisely what it looks like: a coverup. The official told The Post that there was indeed concern about the possible political fallout if Flynn’s role became public.

The thing is, even if this were to come out, it probably would have been a pretty small matter. It might have seeded some more conspiratorial thinking about why the National Guard wasn’t deployed sooner, sure, but Charles Flynn’s involvement would have been very easy to explain, on account of his job. And again, there is no reason to ascribe his brother’s beliefs to his work, and plenty of reason to believe that he doesn’t share these views, given how extreme they are.

By trying to hide this fact and avoid even the discussion, though, they’ve all created much more valid suspicion — not about Flynn specifically, necessarily, but about their general honesty regarding the events of Jan. 6. And all of it is surely something many of them will be forced to account for under oath, as Congress prepares to hold hearings on the Capitol siege in the weeks and months ahead.
BillW

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 12:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I am wondering altogether if this isn't looking more and more like an organized coup? I have read of some thoughts regarding exactly how lucky we are that the USA still exists after 1/6/2021. Another date in history that sill go down in infamy!

The one thing I see in that attempt was that it lacked leadership, another of Trumps great assets! Maybe there was a great attempt to keep any military assets from the scene because once they are rolled out, there direction and mission could be changed?

A full reporting is necessary!
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 12:50 pm
Quote:
(CNN)It's just one small part of the sweeping immigration overhaul President Biden is pushing.

But the symbolic significance is huge.

Biden's proposed bill, if passed, would remove the word "alien" from US immigration laws, replacing it with the term "noncitizen."

It's a deliberate step intended to recognize America as "a nation of immigrants," according to a summary of the bill released by the new administration.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics/alien-biden-immigration-law/index.html

revelette3

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 01:39 pm
Melania Trump Won't Show Jill Biden Where She Stores Her White House Holiday Decor

All this time I thought Melania Trump was just an empty elegant lady unfortunate enough to be married to Trump. Had no idea she was just so petty. Couldn't even be bothered to write out her own thank you notes to White House domestic staff members.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 02:58 pm
A nice snapshot of the last 3 weeks in the United States.
https://i.imgur.com/qNPq6D4_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 03:05 pm
@Rebelofnj,
The left seems to have a delusion that they have a right to unity after their scorched earth campaign.

They don't.
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 03:06 pm
@revelette3,
CNN wrote:
It's just one small part of the sweeping immigration overhaul President Biden is pushing.
But the symbolic significance is huge.
Biden's proposed bill, if passed, would remove the word "alien" from US immigration laws, replacing it with the term "noncitizen."
It's a deliberate step intended to recognize America as "a nation of immigrants," according to a summary of the bill released by the new administration.

The bill has little chance of passing. It is designed to be blocked by the Republicans. Democrats actually prefer to not pass an immigration bill.
snood

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 03:16 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

The left seems to have a delusion that they have a right to unity after their scorched earth campaign.

They don't.

Irrelevant whinger says what?
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 03:17 pm
@snood,
Snood, I know you don't have anything intelligent to say, but that really is no excuse for you to spout childish name-calling.

When you have nothing to offer, the best thing for you to do is just keep quiet and let others converse.
BillW

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 03:20 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

Melania Trump Won't Show Jill Biden Where She Stores Her White House Holiday Decor

All this time I thought Melania Trump was just an empty elegant lady unfortunate enough to be married to Trump. Had no idea she was just so petty. Couldn't even be bothered to write out her own thank you notes to White House domestic staff members.

I think it is all dependant on her prenups. She is ready to get out of this marriage and her payout is determined by her "faithfulness to the Big Rump". It is probably very stingy also.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 04:32 pm
@snood,
Again Snood, when you have nothing intelligent to say, your best option is to remain quiet.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 07:32 pm
Nearly 1 In 5 Defendants In Capitol Riot Cases Served In The Military
As a veteran myself, I am disgusted by the white supremacy that remains to fester in the US armed services. If found guilty, strip these extremist terrorists of 100% of the VA benefits.
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 07:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
If found guilty of what? Murdering a police officer? Trespassing? Most of the protesters were peaceful and had nothing to do with the murder.

It is likely that all the accusations of white supremacy are just progressive lies. Progressives like to falsely accuse everyone of racism.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 07:50 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
End Keystone XL pipeline and revoke oil and gas development at national wildlife monuments. To do this, Biden's climate adviser Gina McCarthy explained the Biden administration will discard or redo more than 100 "harmful" presidential proclamations, memoranda or permits signed by the Trump administration that the new administration views as detrimental to the environment.

Delaying construction of the Keystone XL will actually be worse for the environment, as the oil will just be transported on trains instead.

It'll be good for Michigan drivers though, because those trains will be delivering all that cheap oil to midwest refineries instead of to the global market. The longer the pipeline is delayed, the longer Michigan will have artificially-low gas prices.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 07:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

As a veteran myself, I am disgusted by the white supremacy that remains to fester in the US armed services. If found guilty, strip these extremist terrorists of 100% of the VA benefits.

I might favor action against someone for what they've done. I draw the line at action for what they think.

I do recall that your active duty was somewhat more active than my own
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 07:59 pm
@roger,
I don't think he suggested action against servicemen accused of favoring white supremacy, just that he was disgusted with them.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:17 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:

I might favor action against someone for what they've done. I draw the line at action for what they think.

They're two separate things. Though, we do need to weed white supremacists out of the military via discharge.

Quote:
I do recall that your active duty was somewhat more active than my own

The Gulf War as a 13B, cannon crewmember/artillery.