Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 11:19 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Why is that unlikely?

Most of them never do anything but engage in childish name-calling. They are hardly paragons of knowledge.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
By the way, you certainly know that intelligence tests have to be recalibrated regularly because the average measured intelligence changes over time.

I never really gave it any consideration.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 11:19 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The “rabble” knows significantly more about vocabulary building and sentence construction.

There is no evidence of a high IQ in any of his posts, they all read like they were penned by the feeble minded.

The piss poor vocabulary alone is proof he is an imbecile.
oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 11:21 am
@izzythepush,
@izzythepush,
You are lying about my vocabulary. And you are too stupid yourself to be capable of judging other people's intellect.

EDIT: You're also too stupid to be capable of judging my vocabulary for that matter. So maybe it isn't a lie in the strictest sense. But it's still untrue.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 11:24 am
Boo hoo, everyone is lying, life is so unfair.

Grow a pair and stop whining FFS.

Your limited vocabulary is a running joke.

Try reading a book.
oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 11:26 am
@izzythepush,
Defending myself from your lies is hardly whining.

I read more books than you do.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 11:42 am
This is pretty funny.

Does anyone recall a single instance ever of Mitch McConnell protesting the political influence of billionaires or the huge fossil fuel industries? Or of corporations such as DuPont? Or of the big banks? Or of the leading corporations within the military/industrial complex? I certainly cannot.

Yet today, raving against those corporations protesting voter suppression laws in Georgia and elsewhere, Mitch said, "...we are witnessing a coordinated campaign by powerful and wealthy people to mislead and bully the American people.” HERE
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 11:48 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
They are hardly paragons of knowledge.

oralloy wrote:
I never really gave it any consideration.
That's very knowledgeable.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 11:50 am
@hightor,
I remember that story, the one where his buttons are busting about how his grandfather snuck up on a sheriff and shot him in the back.

hightor wrote:
You claimed some horse-thieving relative murdered a sheriff but you never offered any proof even when challenged.

You are lying and being deliberately offensive. My relative was the murder victim, and was killed by the horse thief.

He apparently has changed this story since his first telling, years earlier he was simply bursting with pride about how clever grandpappy was to sneak up and cowardly shoot someone in the back. (some people might describe PeePaw as a cop killer)
hightor

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 12:03 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

You are lying and being deliberately offensive. My relative was the murder victim, and was killed by the horse thief.

Now, it was 3½ years ago so I didn't get all the details right, but it seems your uncle did shoot the sheriff:
Quote:

You know, some 90 years ago the county sheriff shot up my great uncle while he was unarmed. He didn't sit around whining about it. He ran inside and grabbed his shotgun, and put a 12 gauge slug in the back of the sheriff's head.

I recently got to hold "the shotgun". It's a legendary heirloom in my family and some relatives are going to have it restored and mounted, so it came out of storage for the first time in a number of decades.

And, two years ago:
Quote:
The county was pretty upset about it. To this day the the local paper in that area still runs an occasional article about their poor precious dead sheriff.

And who knows how many other times you trotted out other versions of this ridiculous story.

So all you needed to do was make a copy of the story, black out a few names and locations, and show us the evidence. You didn't. I don't believe you.

Or, as someone else said at the time:
Quote:
If it is true.

So, go on and prove once again how wrong some like me are, constantly thinking and saying how full of crap you are.

Show us some proof of that fantastic story.

Will you show us some proof?
Quote:
Here is an example of a progressive praising a law that violates people's civil liberties by outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto long guns:

Except that doing it for "pleasure" isn't mentioned or indicated. Fail.

Quote:

So what? What do masks have to do with anything?

Trump supporters seemed to think it was a violation of civil liberties to be forced to wear one in public space.

Quote:

Progressives do not deserve to be called liberals.

Many of them don't deserve to be called "progressives"either. I'll stick with "liberal". I'm skeptical that "progress" is being made.

a liberal wrote:
It was once said that the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; and those who are in the shadows of life, the sick, the needy and the handicapped.

Add concern for the environment and that's a good definition of "liberal".
izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 12:09 pm
That’s the problem with lies, you have to keep your story straight, the truth is so much easier.
snood

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 12:49 pm
@izzythepush,
Oralloy’s way of trying to get out from under when he’s caught in a lie is another part of his vast charm (smirk).

He either tries to diminish the whole thing by acting like that whole part of the discussion is unimportant, and therefore he wasn’t even paying attention enough to worry about whether his story is consistent.

Or he tries to twist the words so that they don’t really say what we all see; we missed the actual meaning of what he said.

It’s the Donald Trump rule of thumb: Don’t believe your lying eyes and ears...
izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 12:54 pm
@snood,
You’re right, he’s like a second rate Trump, and it’s not like Trump wasn’t second rate to begin with.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 01:08 pm
Yesterday (or day before) I suggested that the phrases currently being pushed on the right - "cancel culture" and "woke" - were almost certainly focus group tested. Apparently I had that right. I'm not sure if I wrote here or elsewhere that the Koch crowd was likewise pretty certain to be involved in this effort. Turns out that was a good supposition as well. Do listen to Jane Mayer detailing how a secretly recorded meeting of top conservatives aiming to stop HR1 (the portion dealing with electoral financing reform) tells us a lot about the who and the why. I highly recommend you all listen to this audio file
blatham

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 01:51 pm
@blatham,
One additional point I'll make here which speaks directly to a huge difference between the two parties. Mayer reveals something which I'd just read about days previously but had not known before. In the last election, the Dems outpaced the GOP in dark money donations - that is, donations where the sources are hidden. The dangers to democracy from this ought to be self-evident.

But here's the difference; where the GOP is going to fight tooth and nail (as this recording of the meeting makes utterly clear) any change to law which makes donation sources open to public view, the Dems are pushing HR1 which seeks to reveal them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 03:56 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I remember that story, the one where his buttons are busting about how his grandfather

Great uncle. And I'm unsure how many greats. It was in the neighborhood of a century ago.

You might want to try the learn the difference between an uncle and a grandfather. There's a bit of a difference.

glitterbag wrote:
snuck up on a sheriff and shot him in the back.

Not in the back. In the back of the head. Sprayed sheriff brains all over the yard. Made outstanding fertilizer.

You've been confused before about the difference between a "back" and a "head". You might want to consult an anatomy textbook. Backs and heads are two entirely different things. It's not too hard to tell the difference between them.

glitterbag wrote:
He apparently has changed this story since his first telling,

Not really. But there are many details that I have withheld in the interests of my privacy.

glitterbag wrote:
years earlier he was simply bursting with pride

Of course. My uncle defended himself and sent that scumbag straight to hell where he belongs.

People pose with the restored the shotgun now at family reunions.

glitterbag wrote:
to sneak up and cowardly shoot someone

Self defense is hardly cowardly. Don't be silly.

glitterbag wrote:
some people might describe PeePaw as a cop killer

Some do. Even though it was something on the order of a century ago, the county still whines about it from time to time.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 03:57 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Now, it was 3½ years ago so I didn't get all the details right,

I apologize if I wrongly attributed malice to you getting the details wrong. I'm so used to you siding with the bad guys.

hightor wrote:
And who knows how many other times you trotted out other versions of this ridiculous story.

What's ridiculous about it?

hightor wrote:
So all you needed to do was make a copy of the story, black out a few names and locations, and show us the evidence.

I never thought of that.

However it seems possible that people could search out lines of text from an article and find the original article.

hightor wrote:
Will you show us some proof?

I'm leaning against. Why is that of all things so important to prove? It seems like a progressive attempt to dox me so you guys can try to destroy my life.

I would actually love to be able to refer to some of those articles so I can rant against the lies in them. But I'm not too keen on letting you guys ruin my life.

hightor wrote:
Except that doing it for "pleasure" isn't mentioned or indicated. Fail.

You can tell that sadism is their only motivation because no one can provide any alternative motivation.

If there was an alternative motivation someone would have provided it by now.

Why are we reenacting a discussion that we've already had? Not that I mind discussing gun rights I guess.

hightor wrote:
Trump supporters seemed to think it was a violation of civil liberties to be forced to wear one in public space.

That's nothing to do with me. I'll be wearing an N95 if I'm in a public space.

And if at all possible I'll be avoiding that public space altogether.
oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 04:01 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Oralloy's way of trying to get out from under when he's caught in a lie is another part of his vast charm (smirk).

Don't be so dishonorable. I've never lied.
farmerman

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 04:33 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I've never lied.
see? there's another one
oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 05:01 pm
@farmerman,
Another what?
Builder

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 12:34 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I'm so used to you siding with the bad guys.

Snood, hitor, and Gbag are likely the same entity.

It would appear that there's zero admin happening here, or the dogpiling abuse the usual crew (about the only ones left now) are doling out, wouldn't be tolerated.

They only have ad hominens in their "repertoire", and yes, it's like watching paint drying.