Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

candide1984

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 02:03 am
@Builder,
It's a case study now. A study of deranged liberal evolution. Extreme subjectivism and complete absence of objectivism. A religion some call it. All facts that contradict their reality is wiped from consciousness one way or another.
0 Replies

candide1984

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 02:23 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Yes, there are places I am accepted. I'm not here to be accepted. I'm here to witness this new ideological psychosis psychologist and conservatives are talking about elsewhere.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 02:47 am
Monitor this:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/irs-supervisor-says-u-s-is-mishandling-hunter-biden-probe-7cd127f2

An IRS chief is seeking whistleblower protections due to Biden administration mishandling of the investigation into Hunter Biden.
Lash

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 03:10 am
@hightor,
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 03:12 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Monitor this
Thatwas reported already a couple of days ago.

Weiss, the US Attorney in Delaware who was appointed by former President Donald Trump, is overseeing the ongoing criminal case into President Joe Biden’s son.
Prosecutors are still weighing whether to bring two misdemeanor charges for failure to file taxes, one count of felony tax evasion related to the overreporting of expenses, and a false statement charge regarding a gun purchase.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 03:16 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
You insult our intelligence in almost every comment.
For whom do you speak here?

Stultorum es, quidlibet dicere, as they said in Rome.
Lash

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 03:20 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Hightor said that. He must be speaking for you.
Lash

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 03:56 am
https://nypost.com/2023/04/20/merrick-garland-at-center-of-hunter-biden-whistleblower-claim/

Attorney General Merrick Garland is ‘senior’ Biden official in Hunter Biden IRS whistleblower claim

By Steven Nelson
April 20, 2023 5:08pm Updated

Text at the link.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 05:43 am
@Lash,
And what is the significance?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 05:45 am
@Lash,
Quote:
@Walter Hinteler,

What a terribly kind thing to say and so germane to the discussion. I am very glad you don't make things personal.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 05:50 am
2000 cans of Miller High Life Beer have been seized by customs in Belgium and crushed.

Miller's slogan about being the champagne of beers impinges on champagne's protected status and is illegal.

We had a similar problem with elderflower champagne, a traditional soft drink which has never been mistaken for actual champagne.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 05:56 am
@Lash,
Quote:
@Walter Hinteler,

A supervisor. Not an IRS authority, not an IRS legal rep, not an IRS internal auditor, but a supervisor. That's like a McDonald's shift supervisor dishing the dirt on Ray Kroc's son.

Let alone citing a pay-walled article. Did you even read the entire article yourself?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 06:00 am
@Lash,
Quote:
My opinions are different than yours. That isn’t an acceptable reason to attack and insult a person.

No, not by itself. But the manner, frequency, and stylistic quality by which opinions are presented is certainly fair game for critical analysis and shouldn't be confused with a personal attack.
Quote:
This silly interpretation is not an acceptable reason to attack and insult a person.

It's not an "interpretation", however. You have actually made statements to this effect, even going as far as painting yourself on the side of good and your opponents on the side of evil.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 06:13 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
a traditional soft drink which has never been mistaken for actual champagne.

No one would mistake Miller High Life for Champagne.

The French had problems with California Champagne, too. The solution was that California could use 'champagne' or 'Champagne process'. Until Moet and other French labels started vineyards in California. Now it's all Champagne.

I get the intent, though. Words have significance. Champenoise method and bulk charmat method are not the same. French Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée wines have to be able to be identifiable from "similar" wines.
Lash

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 06:26 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
My opinions are different than yours. That isn’t an acceptable reason to attack and insult a person.

No, not by itself. But the manner, frequency, and stylistic quality by which opinions are presented is certainly fair game for critical analysis and shouldn't be confused with a personal attack.
Quote:
This silly interpretation is not an acceptable reason to attack and insult a person.

It's not an "interpretation", however. You have actually made statements to this effect, even going as far as painting yourself on the side of good and your opponents on the side of evil.

Manner, frequency, and style…. You should shield your delicate sensibilities from such debilitating manner, frequency, and style by ignoring this account. Or locking yourself in a nunnery.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 06:36 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It's not just that the French have problems with it - it's a general EU thing about protected geographical indication and protected designation of origin. And Belgium is a EU-country.
Lash

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 06:38 am
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3960669-irs-agent-biden-administration-mishandling-hunter-biden-investigation/amp/

IRS supervisor: Biden administration mishandling Hunter Biden investigation

BY JARED GANS 04/20/23 11:29 AM ET

Correction: The possible whistleblower is a current IRS supervisor. An earlier headline on this article contained incorrect information.

A possible whistleblower is accusing the Biden administration of mishandling the investigation into potential tax crimes related to Hunter Biden and is seeking protections to testify before Congress.

Mark Lytle, an attorney for a supervisor for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), sent Congress a letter, obtained by The Hill, on Wednesday that they have information that contradicts sworn testimony that a senior political appointee gave to Congress. It does not name the official.

The letter does not specifically name Hunter Biden, but states that the IRS agent has been overseeing the ongoing investigation into a “high-profile, controversial subject” since early 2020.

And it accuses the administration of “failure” to mitigate clear conflicts of interest in the case and details instances of preferential treatment and politics improperly affecting decisions and protocols.

“Despite serious risks of retaliation, my client is offering to provide you with information necessary to exercise your constitutional oversight function and wishes to make the disclosures in a non-partisan manner to the leadership of the relevant committees on both sides of the political aisle,” the letter states.

The Wall Street Journal first reported on the letter.

The Journal reported that people familiar with the matter said the investigation mentioned in the letter refers to the one into Hunter Biden, and ABC News reported that lawmakers have been made aware that Biden is the subject referenced.

Rest of the text at the link.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 06:56 am
@Lash,
We'll just have to wait and see what this anonymous source has to say. Playing it close to his vest. I wonder why? No name, no specific charges.

I predict a RW nothing burger based on the nothing burger provided so far.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 07:05 am
@Lash,
Quote:
You should shield your delicate sensibilities from such debilitating manner, frequency, and style by ignoring this account. Or locking yourself in a nunnery.

Actually I enjoy critically analyzing the responses that people make here – why would I want to "shield" myself from textual content which can't hurt me?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 07:07 am
@Walter Hinteler,
And I get it. Belgium isn't doing this to protect the Belgium "champagne" industry. I buy only EU pastas because EU food rules seem to have significance as well as teeth. I have friends who claim gluten intolerance here, who have no problems eating bread in Europe.

Back in the fifties and sixties, Miller used to brew real and good beer.

From 1970.
0 Replies