Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

snood

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 01:27 pm
@blatham,
After everything that was exposed about Walker, he lost to Warnock by just 2.7% of the votes cast in the runoff.

That’s sickeningly close.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 01:41 pm
@oralloy,
Whole shitliad of srraight sexual predators too,like ex presidlenis, that the hard right gives a free pass to and has for decades
Or the revered pastors a
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 02:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
Cntinuing And priests conswevatives love.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 02:17 pm
@snood,
True. The gop really tiday is a basket of deplorables. Hillary was prescient.
Mame

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 02:25 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

After everything that was exposed about Walker, he lost to Warnock by just 2.7% of the votes cast in the runoff.

That’s sickeningly close.

That was my thought. It makes you give your head a shake, doesn't it?
Lash

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 03:06 pm
Might be workers finally seeing that Democrats are the new union busters.

They won’t come back from that.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 03:46 pm
@Lash,
Can you provide a clue about the unions that the democrats are trying bust up?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 04:08 pm

Jeff Tiedrich
@itsJeffTiedrich
Democrats want to see Ted Cruz's daughter get the love and help she needs. Republicans want to see Hunter Biden's dick. any questions
10:53 AM · Dec 7, 2022
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 05:54 pm

https://iili.io/Hn2PaYF.jpg
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 05:59 pm

https://iili.io/Hn2sr79.jpg
blatham

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 06:00 pm
They're proud of their shamelessness.

Quote:
Kari Lake @KariLake
1h
You shouldn’t have to stand in the sun for 4 hours to exercise your sacred right to vote. Unacceptable.
blatham

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 06:52 pm
Here's a photo of Prince Heinrich XIII, the chap who was a central figure in the German "Reichsbürger" plot and who I gather was supposed to stand as the visible leader, post-insurrection.

https://i0.wp.com/i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/12/07/09/65331301-11511519-image-a-1_1670405707025.jpg?resize=344%2C460&ssl=1

And I just saw someone on twitter suggest that he looks like an actor playing Bernie Madoff in a film by Wes Anderson. And that is, in my view, damned funny.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 06:56 pm
@Region Philbis,
But, he’s union busting and breaking other big promises that got him votes.
Aren’t you guys ashamed of that?
blatham

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 07:21 pm
@Region Philbis,
As you've just noted, Joe Biden becomes the first President since FDR in 1934 to not lose a single Senate seat of his own party during a midterm election.

That is quite extraordinary, isn't it. And given the performance of Dems in the midterms with the structural headwinds Dems faced, it really does speak to what seems a growing appetite for sanity, honesty and a civic life that eschews the viciousness of modern American conservativism. And that is encouraging.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 07:31 pm
@Lash,
Describe his union busting. Can't, can you?

Joe gave the Union what it wanted, including 25% raise, the only thing they didn't get was another 4 days sick leave, but they get one. I still have RR employee cousins in Ohio. They all support Joe Biden.

Eight unions voted to accept, four didn't. Congress voted overwhelmingly to end the strike.

Your ability to wing out inaccurate claims is a sad, sad, sad thing. If you'd like the opportunity to inform one of your opinions, read this union newspaper -

https://labortribune.com › 20-things-biden-has-already-done-to-help-unions-and-workers

20 things Biden has already done to help unions and workers
Mar 8, 2021Allowed federal unions to bargain again - Biden signed an executive order directing agencies to "bargain over permissible, non-mandatory subjects of bargaining when contracts are up for negotiation," giving federal unions the ability to have a voice on more issues than just the basic work rules and pay.

Curiously what unions have YOU been a member of? I've been in the teamsters, my dad was a Teamster organizer when I was kid; the AFL of CIO, UAW. My dad was a Teamster organizer, member of the Bricklayer's Union, the Electrical Workers of America (the FBI claimed they were a commie front), my grandfather who died of black lung was a member of the UMW - thank G*D for John L. Lewis and Jock Yablonsky - that was the only way he got any care and my grandmother got his pension.

Two years ago, I joined the Wobblies (https://www.iww.org/). I am sold on unions, I support unions and one reason I support Joe Biden is Joe Biden supports the working man, and he supports the union and unionized work places.

I understand charter schools are all gawd and no unions.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 07:33 pm
@blatham,
That is extremely significant. It's the tee for cleaning out the GOP in Congress in two years.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 07:36 pm
@blatham,
Hey Kari, they gladly stood for hours to vote against you!!!!
blatham

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 07:39 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Hey Kari, they gladly stood for hours to vote against you!!!!

Smart point, buddy.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 07:51 pm
Musk may very well kill or destroy twitter and that would really piss me off for a number of reasons. One of those reasons is that the site has always been a source of enjoyable wit from smart people. The first below is from a comedian and the second from an historian who responds...

Quote:
John Fugelsang @JohnFugelsang
3h
Today we solemnly remember the attack that tragically led to the movie "Pearl Harbor."

Quote:
Kevin M. Kruse @KevinMKruse
That movie was so goddamn bad I was rooting for the Japanese in the end.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 08:28 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
But, he's union busting and breaking other big promises that got him votes.
Aren't you guys ashamed of that?

Progressives think that it is OK to commit atrocities so long as they can silence everyone who tells the truth.