Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 05:42 am
@oralloy,
I wrote:
... but as terrorism here.

you wrote:
The term "terrorism" only applies when civilian noncombatants are intentionally targeted with military violence.
You know nothing about German criminal law. (Relevant here besides others: Section 128 [Forming armed groups], Section 129 Forming criminal organisations], Section 129a [Forming terrorist organisations], Section 130a [Instructions for committing criminal offences])

But it is courageous that you show your ignorance and lack of intelligence so openly here.

Hats off
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 05:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The Russian embassy in Berlin has denied any links to such groups in Germany following the nationwide raid on a group from the far-right "Reichsbürger" scene.

The "Russian diplomatic and consular offices in Germany do not maintain contacts with representatives of terrorist groups or other illegal entities", Russian news agencies quoted a statement from the embassy.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 06:17 am

#CrimeBoss45

https://iili.io/HCb4A4R.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 06:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

But it is courageous that you show your ignorance and lack of intelligence so openly here.

It's like there is something missing, I don't know what it is, but it must be pretty important.
oralloy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 07:18 am
@izzythepush,
@izzythepush,
What I am missing is dishonesty.

You and Walter both lie about people to cover up the fact that you are not capable of addressing their arguments.

On the other hand, I always tell the truth.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 07:19 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
You know nothing about German criminal law.

So what? You know nothing about brain surgery.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
Relevant here besides others: Section 128 [Forming armed groups], Section 129 Forming criminal organisations], Section 129a [Forming terrorist organisations], Section 130a [Instructions for committing criminal offences]

That is incorrect. German law is of no relevance to anything that I posted.

Walter Hinteler wrote:

I did not display any ignorance, and my IQ is 170. That's two lies on your part, solely because you are incapable of addressing my arguments.

It is true that I am much more courageous than you are. But simply posting the truth here did not require much of that courage.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 07:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

You misspelled clueless
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 08:04 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
You misspelled clueless
No, I forgot it. My bad.

In any case, I am glad that the large-scale operation of the investigating authorities against a right-wing extremist terrorist network planning to overthrow the government has brought relief here not only to politicians of all parties (except of course the extreme right AfP) and the vast majority of the population.

The abyss of this terrorist threat is more than just dismaying.
oralloy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 08:05 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
No, I forgot it. My bad.

Another lie about me. All because you are not capable of addressing my arguments.

Your dishonesty is appalling.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
The abyss of this terrorist threat is more than just dismaying.

I know that facts are the last thing that leftists care about, but again, the term "terrorism" only applies when civilian noncombatants are intentionally targeted with military violence.

That does not seem to have happened in this case.
oralloy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 08:06 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
You misspelled clueless

You are lying about me too.

And for the same reason. You lie about me because you are not capable of addressing my arguments.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 08:56 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I know that facts are the last thing that leftists care about, but again, the term "terrorism" only applies when civilian noncombatants are intentionally targeted with military violence.
We don't have a left or criminal code here

oralloy wrote:
IThat does not seem to have happened in this case.

So far, all the accused are presumed innocent, the judges will decide. (And they certainly know our criminal law better than you do).
revelette1

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 10:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
For the most part, oralloy is not worth the time and effort to respond to, but I understand it is hard to let his post go unchallenged when he is so often clueless for someone so sure of his own so-called facts.
revelette1

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 10:10 am
Quote:
The Frightening Implications of Gorsuch’s Angry Questions About State “Reeducation”
His maximalist theory of the First Amendment would swallow civil rights law.

During oral arguments in 303 Creative v. Elenis at the Supreme Court on Monday, Justice Neil Gorsuch cornered Colorado Solicitor General Eric Olson with an unforeseeable question. After noting that a state “can’t change” someone’s “religious beliefs,” Gorsuch brought up Jack Phillips, a Christian baker who was sanctioned for discriminating against same-sex couples.

“Mr. Phillips did go through a reeducation training program pursuant to Colorado law, did he not, Mr. Olson?” Gorsuch asked. Olson began to reply, but the justice cut him off, pressing him again: “It was a reeducation program, right?”

“It was not a reeducation program,” Olson said. Gorsuch asked him what he called it. Olson told him: “It was a process to make sure he was familiar with Colorado law.”

“Someone might be excused for calling that a reeducation program,” Gorsuch retorted. Olson stood his ground, responding: “I strongly disagree.”

n the moment, this exchange came out of nowhere: The justice was harking back to Masterpiece Cakeshop, a 2018 case in which the Supreme Court sided with Phillips (albeit narrowly). And it really wasn’t fair for Gorsuch to ambush Olson with a hostile left-field question about a previous case in which he wasn’t involved. But this grievance is not a new one. The justice has previously signaled his belief that mandatory training for businesses that engage in unlawful discrimination violates the First Amendment. It seems this conviction has only grown stronger. What’s most notable is that today, there may be four or five other justices who agree with him.

To hear Gorsuch tell it, Colorado put Jack Phillips through Soviet-style brainwashing, forcing him to abandon his deeply held beliefs at pain of punishment and embrace the state’s orthodoxy. (He appears to have lifted the “reeducation” language from a brief by Alliance Defending Freedom, the far-right organization representing the discriminatory business in 303 Creative.) The truth is far more banal. For about as long as the law has restricted employment discrimination, it has also provided various tools to ensure compliance with those rules. Among other things, civil rights laws often require employers to inform their workers about what conduct, exactly, crosses the line into illegal discrimination.

Consider, for instance, a department store in which employees rush to help white customers while blatantly ignoring Black customers. A state might order the store to train its employees in the importance of serving all customers equally, regardless of race. Or imagine a hotel whose receptionists falsely claim they have no vacancies when Muslims try to book a room. A state might order the hotel to train receptionists not to turn away customers because of religion. If the discrimination is especially blatant or severe, a state might order employers to provide periodic updates about these corrective measures.

And that’s pretty much what the Colorado Civil Rights Commission did after it found Phillips in violation of the state’s nondiscrimination law. As the Supreme Court itself explained in Masterpiece Cakeshop, the commission told Phillips to “cease and desist from discriminating against” same-sex couples. It ordered “comprehensive staff training” in Colorado’s civil rights law and told Phillips to update company policies “to comply with” its order. The commission also directed Phillips to file “quarterly compliance reports” for two years documenting “the number of patrons denied service,” the reasons why, and the business’ response.

This mandate perturbed Gorsuch so greatly that he brought it up during oral arguments with Olson’s predecessor, Colorado Solicitor General Frederick Yarger. “As I understand it, Colorado ordered Mr. Phillips to provide comprehensive training to his staff—and it didn’t order him to attend a class of the government’s own creation or anything like that, but to provide comprehensive staff training,” Gorsuch said. “Why isn’t that compelled speech and possibly in violation of his free-exercise rights? Because presumably he has to tell his staff, including his family members, that his Christian beliefs are discriminatory.”

When Yarger responded that “a training requirement is a common remedy that is used in many civil rights cases,” the justice was not placated. “But this isn’t attending your training, Mr. Yarger,” he said. “This order was ordering him to provide training and presumably compelling him to speak, therefore, and to speak in ways that maybe offend his religion and certainly compel him to speak.”

Gorsuch’s comment reflected a misunderstanding of how civil rights law actually works. The justice appears to believe that states force discriminatory employers to attend “a class of the government’s own creation.” Perhaps he envisions some kind of community college–type course (How to Interact With Gays for Beginners). In reality, though, states frequently outsource compliance training to private businesses; indeed, many law firms specialize in helping companies develop nondiscrimination training to stave off future lawsuits. Gorsuch seems to believe that when the state orders an employer to conduct this kind of training, it has violated the First Amendment.

The consequences of this theory would be vast and severe. As I wrote in 2018, a hotel supervisor who thinks interracial relationships are sinful could refuse to tell employees to let mixed-race couples book rooms. A restaurant manager with spiritual objections to interfaith marriage could decline to train employees in their duty to serve customers without regard to religion. Gorsuch’s theory would extend beyond public accommodations into the realm of employment. Right now, a supervisor can be held liable when they do not stop employees from discriminating. Under Gorsuch’s theory, supervisors could refuse to educate their workers about illegal discriminatory behaviors by claiming that such instruction would violate their beliefs. Imagine, for example, a manager who says he holds the religious view that women belong in the home. He could claim a First Amendment right not to tell workers they must treat their female colleagues equally, citing his faith-based convictions about women’s inferiority.

n truth, a vast amount of unlawful discrimination involves speech. Workplace harassment is speech. Passing over a qualified Black employee for promotion is speech. Firing a worker for becoming pregnant is speech. Giving a student an F because she’s Muslim is speech. Which is why an absolutist interpretation of the First Amendment would destroy broad swathes of modern civil rights law.

It might seem strange that Gorsuch would wish to be the author of this destruction. After all, he wrote the landmark decision in Bostock v. Clayton County recognizing that federal law bars employment discrimination against LGBTQ people. But the justice has a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde quality: His occasional progressive rulings are countered and undermined by his extremism on issues like religion. And now, unlike in 2018, there is a real chance that a majority of the court shares his belief that nondiscrimination training requirements amount to an unconstitutional “reeducation program.” The court can wreak a lot of havoc with 303 Creative, most obviously by freeing companies to turn away customers on the basis of their identity. As Gorsuch’s angry tangent indicated, however, the conservative bloc has even more options at its disposal—including an assault on the remedies necessary to make civil rights laws more than an empty promise.

slate
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 10:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
We don't have a left or criminal code here

You clearly have leftist tyranny.

It doesn't matter whether you have a criminal code or not. That said, you were the one quoting laws at me earlier.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
So far, all the accused are presumed innocent, the judges will decide.

Irrelevant. A "January 6 like" event would not involve deliberate targeting of noncombatant civilians with military force.

January 6 was about peaceful protesters occupying the Capitol as a protest against leftist tyranny.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
(And they certainly know our criminal law better than you do).

I see your irrelevant trivia and I raise you a "There are doctors who know more about brain surgery than you do."

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/I%27ll_see_you_and_raise_you
oralloy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 10:55 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
For the most part, oralloy is not worth the time and effort to respond to,

You sure do get bitter when you can't silence the truth.

America is lucky that you can't drag truth-tellers away to their doom like progressives used to do under the reign of their hero Stalin.

You probably approve of beating up that father who dared to complain when progressives let his daughter get raped by a transgender predator. (Another example of leftist thuggery against people who tell the truth.)

revelette1 wrote:
but I understand it is hard to let his post go unchallenged

Lying about me instead of addressing my arguments does not count as challenging anything at all.

The fact that progressives are incapable of challenging my arguments and are only capable of lying about me does not change this.

revelette1 wrote:
when he is so often clueless for someone so sure of his own so-called facts.

This from a person who is incapable of even trying to challenge my arguments.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 11:43 am
@oralloy,
Holy sh¡t!
I posted about what happened here in Germany. And in Germany we do have the German Criminal Code. and that code is neither left nor right nor centrist.

Since the legal consequences of criminal laws represent the strongest encroachments on fundamental civil rights, they are subject to the highest requirements with regard to their legality, in particular their definiteness.

Our criminal laws are subject to the prohibition of analogy, the prohibition of ne bis in idem and the prohibition of retroactivity, as are the other fundamental judicial rights.

The arrestees are now pre-trial detainees, since the investigating judge at the Federal Supreme Court ordered pre-trial detention.

A Rechtsstaat has no other options than to oppose such enemies of the state with all its might.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 11:47 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
You clearly have leftist tyranny.
Laws are made here by parliament.

We don't live in autocracy, don't have a tyranny of the minority, nor a tyranny of the majority.
So what is your source?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 12:14 pm
@oralloy,
Can you provide any actual evidence of such a thing happening as you mention in your earlier post?

"You probably approve of beating up that father who dared to complain when progressives let his daughter get raped by a transgender predator. (Another example of leftist thuggery against people who tell the truth.)"

I have not read of any such incident but would love to see an actual site of such action.
blatham

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 01:13 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
I still find it disheartening that both the November election and the runoff were both very close races, despite the controversies surrounding Walker, who is actually conceding and accepting the loss.

Me too. I didn't watch TV reporting but did check in with various news services to see how things were going and my main thought as I saw how well Walker was doing was, How is this even possible? And as I worked that question over in my mind, I was not comforted.

blatham

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2022 01:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The "Russian diplomatic and consular offices in Germany do not maintain contacts with representatives of terrorist groups or other illegal entities", Russian news agencies quoted a statement from the embassy.

Whew. That's a relief!
0 Replies