Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 03:57 pm
@oralloy,
never gonna happen. as much chance as you'd have impeaching santa claus.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 04:09 pm
@oralloy,
75 pus percent of the electorate supports the biden stimulus. mathematically that has to inclued at least half of republicans. and it's something people feel passionately about. a clear win for biden and egg on republicans faces. biden's impeachment is just gonna remain your fantasy only.
snood

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 04:21 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

75 pus percent of the electorate supports the biden stimulus. mathematically that has to inclued at least half of republicans. and it's something people feel passionately about. a clear win for biden and egg on republicans faces. biden's impeachment is just gonna remain your fantasy only.

It will have plenty of company from his other fantasies, such as:
Democratic Party being outlawed
Republicans holding the presidency for 20 years
Black Lives Matter raping and murdering
oralloy

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 04:57 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
never gonna happen. as much chance as you'd have impeaching santa claus.

All it takes is a majority vote in the House.

The Republicans will have that majority two years from now.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 04:58 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
biden's impeachment is just gonna remain your fantasy only.

Democrats always delude themselves into thinking that Republicans won't take revenge.

Didn't you learn anything when the Republicans blocked Merrick Garland for the Supreme Court as payback for blocked W nominees in 2007-08?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 05:00 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

That's not a fantasy. That is a proposal.

All it will take is a vote in the House, a vote in the Senate, and the signature of the President.

The only real hurdle will be getting 60 votes in the Senate, but I think the day will come when we can clear that hurdle.

snood wrote:

That's not a fantasy. That was a prediction.

snood wrote:

That's not a fantasy. That is an objective fact.

But you're in good company. MJ was misusing the term "fantasy" also.
snood

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 05:57 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:

That's not a fantasy. That is a proposal.

All it will take is a vote in the House, a vote in the Senate, and the signature of the President.

The only real hurdle will be getting 60 votes in the Senate, but I think the day will come when we can clear that hurdle.

snood wrote:

That's not a fantasy. That was a prediction.

snood wrote:

That's not a fantasy. That is an objective fact.

But you're in good company. MJ was misusing the term "fantasy" also.

Keep hope alive, true believer.
Builder

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 06:40 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Keep hope alive, true believer.

Well, you believe creepy senile Joe received more votes than any candidate in history, without even campaigning, and that there's no issue with him making no public statements in just over a hundred days, including during his non-campaign, so fantasies seem to be your forte.
oralloy

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 06:42 pm
@Builder,
Snood doesn't know very much about politics. It leads him to think that factual issues are a matter of faith.
snood

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 06:51 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Snood doesn't seem to know very much about politics.

Maybe not, but I know all the candidates I wanted to win, won in 2020; I know my party won the presidency, the senate and the house; and I know the opposition is still playing lapdog to a twice impeached huckster who will be dodging indictments the rest of his life. I know that.

You jokers who act like you know so much about politics don’t seem to know how to get much done politically.

Lead on, you brilliant political thinkers.🤣
engineer

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 07:01 pm
@Builder,
It's pretty laughable to say Biden doesn't make public statements. He takes questions on from the press all the time (though not in a formal press conference). If you want to see Biden make public statements, here is part one of the town hall he held last month.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/02/17/part-1-entire-joe-biden-town-hall-february-16-vpx.cnn
snood

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 07:10 pm
The brilliant genius politicians of the right are spending time trying to demonize and run down a relief bill that has the support of the vast majority of the American people on the left and right.

Doesn’t seem that damn bright of a strategy to me.
oralloy

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 07:29 pm
@snood,
Think of it as a slow ramp-up to Mr. Biden's first impeachment.
oralloy

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 07:32 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Maybe not,

Definitely not.

snood wrote:
dodging indictments the rest of his life.

Outlawing the Democratic Party will put a stop to these abuses of power.

snood wrote:
You jokers who act like you know so much about politics don't seem to know how to get much done politically.

Like Do-Nothing Biden, who isn't going to get any more legislation passed until the next budget year?
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 07:55 pm
@engineer,
If you can't see that the CNN show was a totally scripted affair, go to the back of the class.

It most definitely wasn't a public Q & A scenario. Every member of the audience who posed a question, read from a sheet of paper, and had their own audio mike and dedicated pair of cameras. Where's the Roll Eyes icon?

Compared to how the "press" treated president Trump, this is as farcical as it gets.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 08:56 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

The brilliant genius politicians of the right are spending time trying to demonize and run down a relief bill that has the support of the vast majority of the American people on the left and right.

While in face to face events with their constituents taking credit for items in the relief bill that supports vast majorities of their voters!
snood wrote:
Doesn’t seem that damn bright of a strategy to me.

...and, very "devious" and "deceitful to me!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 10:31 pm
@oralloy,
Why? It isn't. Since Biden has completely captured the winning role in two major problems confronting america, which the gop has totally punted on., the public can see .clearly who's sane and who gets things done. and trump has demonstrated that's not himself.
oralloy

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 10:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
Sure it is. Impeachment charges have already been drafted against Mr. Biden.
https://greene.house.gov/media/press-releases/congresswoman-marjorie-taylor-greene-introduces-articles-impeachment-against

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 10:39 pm
@oralloy,
futile waste of time. they won't get passed in the house. same rump idiots who tried to make the country buy their bogus **** that trmp won when he lost catastrophically. thde country does not want gop idiocy.
BillW

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 10:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
It is time once again that America puts the ever existing undercurrent of Republican Fascism and Racism behind us. Unfortunately, currently the primary leadership of Republicans in the HoR and Senate is of this ilk and we will have to wait until they are replaced. It is truly very hard to deal with pandemic, financial ruin and this Republican curse all at the same time. America, wakeup to this scum and flush it down the drains forever!
0 Replies