Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Builder

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 02:47 am
@hightor,
Quote:
I wouldn't, but I already think that Trump's a liar.

Has there been a big-screen movie release about Trump and his son?

Biden's drug addled and China-funded sex addict son is now the subject of a movie, and daddy (the Big Guy) plays a leading role as well.

Who'da thunk it, hey?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/breitbart-releases-trailer-hunter-biden-054040434.html
hightor

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 02:51 am
Quote:
This morning, former president Trump told a Newsmax host that he was “financially supporting” some of the rioters who attacked the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, in an attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. Calling it “disgraceful” that they are being prosecuted, he said that If reelected, he would look “very favorably at full pardons” for them and would apologize to them.

At a time when his supporters are increasingly calling for violence after the FBI executed a search warrant on the Trump Organization’s Mar-a-Lago property in order to recover classified documents, Trump is normalizing violence and suggesting that if he regains the presidency, he will protect those who fight on his behalf.

Today the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol wrote to former House speaker Newt Gingrich, asking him to appear before the committee voluntarily. Historians identify Gingrich’s rhetorical attacks on Democrats and on those Republicans he considered too moderate—Republicans in Name Only, or RINOs—as key to bleeding traditional Republicans out of party leadership in the 1990s.

The letter explained that the committee has learned that Gingrich was part of the effort to overturn the 2020 election. He apparently exchanged emails with Trump’s advisors, including Jason Miller and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, in which Gingrich provided “detailed input” on the scripting of television ads that deliberately pushed lies that the 2020 election was stolen. The ads encouraged people to pressure state officials to overturn the election.

Gingrich wrote: “The goal is to arouse the country’s anger through new verifiable information the American people have never seen before[.]... If we inform the American people in a way they find convincing and it arouses their anger[,] they will then bring pressure on legislators and governors.”

Gingrich was also apparently involved in the scheme to produce fake electors and did not let up even after the attack on the Capitol. That night, he emailed Trump’s chief of staff, Mark Meadows, to pursue the plan.

Today, Emma Brown of the Washington Post reported that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas’s wife, Ginni Thomas, wrote not only to 29 lawmakers in Arizona to press them to overturn President Joe Biden’s victory by appointing their own electors rather than the ones the voters had chosen, but also to lawmakers in Wisconsin.

In Arizona, Jerod MacDonald-Evoy of the Arizona Mirror reported that Republican Senate candidate Blake Masters has hired two fake electors as part of his staff. Before the primary, Masters’s website read: “We need to get serious about election integrity. The 2020 election was a rotten mess—if we had had a free and fair election, President Trump would be sitting in the Oval Office today and America would be so much better off,” although he has since scrubbed it to read simply: “We need to get serious about election integrity.” Trump endorsed Masters.

Today the White House Twitter account reminded people that 147 congressional Republicans voted to challenge the results of the 2020 election even after the January 6 riot, retweeting the 2021 New York Times article listing them by name.

And yet there has been concern on Twitter tonight that President Joe Biden’s 24-minute prime-time speech on “The Continued Battle for the Soul of the Nation” was unfairly partisan.

Biden spoke from Philadelphia's Independence National Historical Park, which includes Independence Hall, where lawmakers created the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.

There, the nation’s early leaders created a country based on equality and democracy, Biden said, and those principles made the United States “the greatest nation on Earth.” Now those principles are under assault, and “we do ourselves no favor to pretend otherwise.”

Biden offered a passionate defense of democracy, recalling Americans to their heritage: a fight for liberty that has preserved the nation through wars, depressions, and struggles to expand civil rights. That mission still drives us, he said, toward “an America that is more prosperous, free, and just.”

But “we must be honest with each other and with ourselves.”

Things are not normal, he said. And then he called out the elephant in the room: “Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic.”

As he has done in similar comments lately, Biden isolated the extremist MAGA Republicans from the rest of the country, while including mainstream Republicans in the larger body of Americans who still believe in democracy. But he acknowledged the truth that “the Republican Party today is dominated, driven, and intimidated by Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans, and that is a threat to this country.”

They “do not respect the Constitution. They do not believe in the rule of law. They do not recognize the will of the people. They refuse to accept the results of a free election. And they’re working right now, as I speak, in state after state to give power to decide elections in America to partisans and cronies, empowering election deniers to undermine democracy itself.”

They “are determined to take this country backwards—backwards to an America where there is no right to choose, no right to privacy, no right to contraception, no right to marry who you love. They promote authoritarian leaders, and they fan the flames of political violence that are a threat to our personal rights, to the pursuit of justice, to the rule of law, to the very soul of this country.”

We are not powerless to combat these threats, Biden said. Far more Americans reject the extremism of MAGA Republicans than embrace it. He called for all Americans—”Democrats, independents, mainstream Republicans”—to reject government by violence, and instead work together to defend democracy and build a better future, one based in the Constitution, the rule of law, free and fair elections, the will of the people, honesty, decency, respect, patriotism, liberty, justice, hope, and possibility.

Biden listed the accomplishments of the past year and a half and echoed the line he has used since he ran for president: “There is not a single thing America cannot do—not a single thing beyond our capacity if we do it together.”

“The soul of America is defined by the sacred proposition that all are created equal in the image of God. That all are entitled to be treated with decency, dignity, and respect. That all deserve justice and a shot at lives of prosperity and consequence. And that democracy…must be defended, for democracy makes all these things possible. Folks, and it’s up to us.”

Our democracy is imperfect, Biden said, but “history and common sense tell us that opportunity, liberty, and justice for all are most likely to come to pass in a democracy.” “Our task,” he said, “is to make our nation free and fair, just and strong, noble and whole.”

“We just need to remember who we are. We are the United States of America.”

hcr
hightor

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 02:57 am
@Builder,
Quote:

What's that have to do with Trump's veracity?

Quote:

Biden's drug addled and China-funded sex addict son is now the subject of a movie, and daddy (the Big Guy) plays a leading role as well.

How does that indicate that Trump is not a liar? You do realize that those are actors reciting lines from a screenplay, don't you?

Quote:
Who'da thunk it, hey?

That would be the people who believe Trump's lies or lie on his behalf. You know, like Breitbart.

Goodnight, Builder.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 05:17 am

Biden's speech from philly last night...

0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 07:17 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Quote:
As he has done in similar comments lately, Biden isolated the extremist MAGA Republicans from the rest of the country, while including mainstream Republicans in the larger body of Americans who still believe in democracy.

Headline from FN I saw this morning: White House defends slamming half of America as 'semi-fascist,' 'terrorists' despite Biden's unity pledge. What a world
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 07:27 am
@thack45,
Consider your whackadoodle source.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 07:30 am
@Builder,
Have you ever considered sharing any opinion not sourced from your lower alimentary system?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 07:40 am
@Builder,
Quote:

Well yes, there have been movies made about Aderal disabled Orange Shitgibbon and his cocaine addled son and the mentally deficient one also:

https://www.imdb.com › title › tt12304596
Unfit: The Psychology of Donald Trump (2020) - IMDb
An eye-opening and shattering analysis of the behavior, psyche, condition, and stability of Donald Trump. Director Dan Partland Stars Malcolm Nance George Conway John Gartner See production, box office & company info Add to Watchlist 108 User reviews 19 Critic reviews Awards 2 nominations Videos 1 Trailer 2:21 Official Trailer Photos 8 Top cast

https://www.imdb.com › title › tt12787726
Trump 2024: The World After Trump (2020) - IMDb
Trump 2024: The World After Trump 2020 1 h 37 m IMDb RATING 2.4 /10 321 YOUR RATING Rate POPULARITY 51,860 19,235 Documentary Addresses the aggressive movement to transform America, strip away its freedoms and Judeo-Christian values. Director Dwight Thompson Stars Joel Weldon

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Category:Films_about_Donald_Trump
Category:Films about Donald Trump - Wikipedia
Pages in category "Films about Donald Trump" The following 7 pages are in this category, out of 7 total. ... A Dangerous Game (2014 film) Donald Trump's The Art of the Deal: The Movie; T. Trump Unauthorized; Donald Trump filmography; Trumped (Jimmy Kimmel Live!) This page was last edited on 14 April 2021, at 05:11 (UTC). Text is available under ...

https://www.indiewire.com › 2018 › 06 › movies-define-trump-era-1201977873
The 7 Movies that Define the Trump Era So Far | IndieWire
The defining cinema of the Trump era is likely still to come, but these seven films — including Eugene Jarecki's " The King ," which opens in theaters today — provide our first indications as to...

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com › what-to-watch › every-donald-trump-documentary-on-netflix
Every Donald Trump Documentary on Netflix - What's on Netflix
Released: 2017 One of the men behind Donald Trump's political career is arguably Roger Stone. Roger is a political consultant, author and lobbyist who has been for decades encouraging Donald Trump to run for president. The documentary takes a look at Roger's career plus his influence over Donald Trump too.

https://www.politicususa.com › 2022 › 06 › 23 › british-filmmaker-releases-chilling-trailer-of-trump-movie-unprecedented.html
British Filmmaker Releases Chilling Trailer Of Trump Movie 'Unprecedented'
Jun 23, 2022Thu, Jun 23rd, 2022 by Jason Miciak British Filmmaker Releases Chilling Trailer of Trump Movie 'Unprecedented' British filmmaker Alex Holder released the trailer for his film Unprecedented, with...

https://www.theguardian.com › us-news › 2022 › may › 29 › donald-trump-big-lie-film-2000-mules-dinesh-dsouza
Trump's 'big lie' hits cinemas: the film claiming to investigate voter ...
May 29, 2022Instead, Donald Trump's "big lie" has arrived at a cinema near you. 2000 Mules claims to be an investigation of voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election. It purports to show that ...

And there's a lot more. This was posted just to demonstrate how you make **** up.

0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 09:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

The source was the point. I would assume that there are many who don't qualify as the.. magats(?).. that Biden describes, who nonetheless consider FN their source. This is a predicament, because FN lies to their audience, as they did today regarding what Biden said:

Biden's speechwriters wrote:
Now, I want to be very clear, very clear up front. Not every Republican, not even the majority of Republicans, are MAGA Republicans. Not every Republican embraces their extreme ideology.

Biden--as he is wont to do, is reaching out to conservatives, essentially saying "we know you're not all magapeople, and we can agree on some things". But as usual, his message is corrupted before it ever even reaches many of them. I don't believe this focus on maga moves the needle much at all however, and think Biden ought to attack conservative media head-on as the liars that they are. Gods know the evidence is there.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 09:37 am
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

The source was the point. I would assume that there are many who don't qualify as the.. magats(?).. that Biden describes, who nonetheless consider FN their source. This is a predicament, because FN lies to their audience, as they did today regarding what Biden said:

Biden's speechwriters wrote:
Now, I want to be very clear, very clear up front. Not every Republican, not even the majority of Republicans, are MAGA Republicans. Not every Republican embraces their extreme ideology.

Biden--as he is wont to do, is reaching out to conservatives, essentially saying "we know you're not all magapeople, and we can agree on some things". But as usual, his message is corrupted before it ever even reaches many of them. I don't believe this focus on maga moves the needle much at all however, and think Biden ought to attack conservative media head-on as the liars that they are. Gods know the evidence is there.

The crap between the pro-Trump MAGA people and the rest of sane America cannot be reconciled. Unfortunately, there seems to be enough of "them" to make "living together" possible. We have got to partition somehow.
snood

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 10:10 am
@hightor,
I said:
Quote:
But I don't think people are so stupid that if the DOJ did their filings without regard to the Trump teams constant flow of lies and absurdities...

To which you replied:
Quote:
There are plenty of stupid people who believe Trump, what are you saying? Ever hear of Q-Anon?

But the stupid people who already believe Trump are already lost causes. Certainly Q-Anon are stupid people, but we don’t need to worry about how the news is going to affect them. They will be ride-or-die with Trump regardless.

I believe the camps are set in stone, and there’s evidence for that. Look at the way so many GOP candidates hitched their wagon to Trump even after the 1/6 hearings. Look at how there are only two out of fifty republicans who were willing to risk going against Trump.
And I think anyone who could be persuaded to Trump’s side at this point was pretty much there already.

I’ve said it all along – these people are not to be persuaded or won over; they are to be defeated. Period.

I think that if Trump’s lies are prominently featured for a few news cycles, it moves the numbers of people in the ‘for’ Trump and the ‘against’ Trump a grand total of zero. I don’t think the Trump side is going to win anyone new, no matter what they do, or what the DOJ files.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 10:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
The fact that the president of the US feels he has to make that distinction for us is troubling in its own right, but I get it.

Let's look at some data
Quote:

Around three in ten Americans (31%) say that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump. This share has remained steady throughout 2021, in August (29%), June (30%), and March (29%).

More than two-thirds of Republicans (68%), compared to 26% of independents and 6% of Democrats, believe that the election was stolen from Trump. These shares are even greater among Republicans who most trust Fox News (82%) and essentially universal among those who most trust far-right news (97%). Less than half of Republicans who most trust mainstream news agree (44%).
https://www.prri.org/research/competing-visions-of-america-an-evolving-identity-or-a-culture-under-attack/

I feel there might be a bigger, better, more disruptive fight to be had.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 11:58 am
@thack45,
From the former party of law and justice, even their officers of the court can't refrain from violating the law.
Oath Keepers attorney has been charged with conspiracy and obstruction of justice
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 08:31 pm
@thack45,
Hillary was so right. Basket of deplorables.
BillW

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 10:44 pm
The thing that has me most worried right now is that about 10 empty folders were found marked "Classified". But, there is also evidence appearing that Trump is running his mouth to his Club buddies and others regarding Classified information he has read; like he did to the Russians officials that visited him at the White House when he was in office.

I don't care how stupid, careless and crazy he is, he should be taken off the street right now, put in a deep dark cell alone and not allowed anyone to visit him except his lawyer. I'm not joking!
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 11:26 pm
@BillW,
They are giving him entirely too much latitude. I agree he ought to be locked up sooner than later.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2022 12:30 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Basket of deplorables.

Were they trafficking children to Epstein's island? She was.
And her ex-prez husband. 27 times on the flight manifest.
Builder

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2022 12:54 am
@BillW,
Quote:
I don't care how stupid, careless and crazy he is, he should be taken off the street right now, put in a deep dark cell alone and not allowed anyone to visit him except his lawyer. I'm not joking!

What a short, and very selective memory you have, William; Clinton while SoS set up a "private" server, with the full knowledge of Obama, to "share" classified information with anyone willing to pay for it.
hightor

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2022 03:11 am
@Builder,
Quote:
What a short, and very selective memory you have, William; Clinton while SoS set up a "private" server, with the full knowledge of Obama, to "share" classified information with anyone willing to pay for it.

What a poorly functioning memory you have, and such a proclivity for fantasy. It's been shown to you, on multiple occasions, that you don't know what you're talking about, and are simply spewing standard right-wing talking points. You have no evidence whatsoever that Obama authorized his SoS to use a private server nor do you have any evidence whatsoever that Clinton sold classified information. And you have no grasp of the seriousness of Trump's offenses, inevitably playing your weak "whatabout" hand, and revealing your appalling ignorance to the handful of forum members who even bother to read your misguided and mephitic comments.

Good night, Builder.