Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

BillW

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2022 01:51 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Quote:
If you listen to even his own account of his agenda, it is clear DeSantis’s method is not to depoliticize the schools but to replace what he sees as left-wing propaganda with right-wing propaganda.

From what I have been reading about him and Florida, if DeSantis is elected President, clearly that is his goal, it will make Trump's time in office, just a prelude.

Basically, what the left professes is truth and what the right professes is Jim Crow lies.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2022 02:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

hightor wrote:

There Is No Happy Ending to America’s Trump Problem

Yup...no matter how this situation resolves...America will be the worse for it.

Trump always stains everyone and everything he comes into contact with.

We are definitely wounded forever because Trump was president. But I think the wound will be allowed to fester and grow if he doesn’t get held accountable.
BillW

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2022 11:06 pm
@snood,
Agreed, if Trump doesn't get his due for his criminality, then others will consider his actions.okay to follow. Some people say you can't do anything to him because he was a President. I say, "throw the book at him because he was a President and tried to overthrow the USA!"
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 02:15 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

hightor wrote:

There Is No Happy Ending to America’s Trump Problem

Yup...no matter how this situation resolves...America will be the worse for it.

Trump always stains everyone and everything he comes into contact with.

We are definitely wounded forever because Trump was president. But I think the wound will be allowed to fester and grow if he doesn’t get held accountable.

I agree totally, Snood. Trump, and his enablers, should be tried (and I hope, convicted of high crimes)...and made to suffer the consequences of such a conviction.

Our Republic will pay a huge price for having to do that...but I agree that we must.

Lock him up! Lock the lot of 'em up.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 02:16 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Agreed, if Trump doesn't get his due for his criminality, then others will consider his actions.okay to follow. Some people say you can't do anything to him because he was a President. I say, "throw the book at him because he was a President and tried to overthrow the USA!"

Yep!
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 04:07 am
@Builder,
Quote:
hippy

https://iili.io/rKwnst.jpg

Laughing

peace out, Builder...
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 06:16 am
@Builder,
then you are an ignorant idiot, simple as that.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette1

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 09:32 am
I think the following is my last free article on the NYT this month, in case others don't have any free articles left, I am going to post this long piece. Kind of apologetic in advance.

Quote:
Donald J. Trump loves to attack the “deep state” — the imaginary cabal of soldiers, spies and secret agents seeking to destroy him from within the government. In the last year of his presidency, he aimed to slay that mythical beast.

He placed loyalists in powerful posts atop the intelligence community and the Pentagon, seeking to rifle through their top-secret files in search of evidence that the “deep state” spied on his 2016 campaign, then framed him for his dealings with Russia and Ukraine, acts for which he was investigated and impeached.

Now the tables have turned. Last week, the Federal Bureau of Investigation searched the ex-president’s own secret files, igniting a bitter legal battle and a political attack by Mr. Trump and his allies against the F.B.I. The judge who signed the search warrant has ordered the Justice Department to propose which parts of the F.B.I. affidavit justifying the search and seizure of the sensitive files may be unsealed, if and when they are. The government has made clear that Mr. Trump had no right to possess these records.

The F.B.I. can make a strong case against Mr. Trump — thanks to a law created because of the crimes of Richard Nixon.

On May 3, 1973, days after the F.B.I. searched the White House to seize presidential files pertaining to Watergate, Nixon sat down with Richard Kleindienst, who had just resigned as attorney general. The Oval Office tapes were rolling.

“They’re my files,” Nixon wailed. “They belong to me.”

Under investigation by the Department of Justice and Congress, Nixon kept concealing, altering and destroying records. He fought the government for possession of his tapes for 20 years until his death.

After Watergate, Congress had to confront the idea that presidential records could be criminal evidence. It sought to refute Nixon’s edict: “When the president does it, that means it is not illegal,” a principle dear to Mr. Trump’s heart. Congress passed a law, the Presidential Records Act, to preserve the integrity of Nixon’s White House documents — which by tradition did, in fact, belong to him — and until now, all who came after him have obeyed it.

Last year, the National Archives asked the Trump White House deputy counsel, Patrick F. Philbin, to secure the release of all the files the ex-president was hoarding. He failed, so it contacted the Justice Department, which called in the F.B.I. But Mr. Trump has continued to resist entreaties from his advisers to return the classified materials to the archive.

“It’s not theirs; it’s mine,” Mr. Trump told them.

The Mar-a-Lago papers may well determine if Mr. Trump has a political future. That depends, in part, on the solution to several mysteries. What is in those files? Where did they come from? Whose fingerprints are on them? And who shows up on the surveillance tapes subpoenaed from the Trump mansion, which will show who went in and out of the rooms where they were hidden?

If and when the affidavit is unsealed, which could happen as soon as next Thursday, we may get answers to some of these questions. But Kash Patel, a former National Security Council staff member whom Mr. Trump appointed as a legal liaison to the National Archives on June 19, has suggested that the documents relate “not just to Russiagate but to national security matters, to the Ukraine impeachment.”

Mr. Patel, who sports a large lapel pin reading “K$H,” was one of the Trump appointees who led the attempt to uncover the secrets of the “deep state” that consumed the president during his last year in power. He served, by turns, as the right hand to the acting director of national intelligence and the acting secretary of defense. And in his desperate final weeks in office, Mr. Trump came close to making Mr. Patel acting director of the Central Intelligence Agency. Faced with the wrath of the actual director, Gina Haspel, the president backed down at the last minute.

But Mr. Patel remained in the ex-president’s orbit as the confrontation over the Mar-a-Lago cache slowly escalated this spring. In June, when he became an official National Archives representative, a Trump spokeswoman emphasized that Mr. Patel was working to disclose “documents that reveal a clear conspiracy to unlawfully spy on candidate and then President Donald J. Trump” — in other words, the same sorts of documents he seems to have been seeking to uncover at the highest levels of American intelligence two years ago, at Mr. Trump’s command. (Mr. Patel did not return an email seeking comment.)

We may not know what these documents reveal for some time; whenever the F.B.I. affidavit justifying the search is unsealed, it’s likely to be heavily redacted. But given eyewitness accounts of Mr. Trump’s tumultuous last days in the White House, they may well be a Pandora’s box of secrets scooped out of the Oval Office and perhaps hoarded for the political or personal benefit of the ex-president.

What we do know is that this case is not a paper chase. And it’s more than a legal effort to preserve history for future generations. It’s a counterintelligence matter involving espionage laws intended to protect the nation’s secrets and detect spies. And Mar-a-Lago, according to intelligence veterans, has long been a target for foreign spies, as has Mr. Trump.

Such investigations can take a generation to develop. It took the F.B.I. nearly two decades to catch one of its own agents who was spying for Moscow. Sometimes they disappear into thin air. But it may be that a storm is brewing off the coast at Palm Beach.

Whatever the outcome, someday we’ll get a glimpse at what Mr. Trump has been hiding in his gilded palace. Presidents have few secrets that time will not reveal.

NYT
hightor

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 10:48 am
Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Reaction Is Backfiring

By acting like a narcissistic gangster, Trump is doing what prosecutors and Democrats haven’t

John Dean wrote:
Last week I remembered why I voted for Joe Biden in 2020. I liked the former VP, but what I really wanted was for Trump to be gone. And for a while, he was. He looked like and acted like a dead man walking.

Then the FBI executed a search warrant for confidential documents improperly transferred to Mar-a-Lago. Suddenly, behavior dismissed by many as buffoonish or a textbook example of narcissism found Trump and his allies comparing FBI agents to Nazis, calling for the defunding of the FBI, and failing to explain why highly classified documents were illegally transferred from the White House to Trump’s personal winter home.

Trump hasn’t tried to explain why he would want national security-related documents after he left office, an omission troubling to some of his followers. Would Trump try to sell sensitive information to foreign countries or attempt to use it to leverage an advantage in a business deal? The very thought of these crimes disgusts normal people, including some who still believe Trump was a good president.

Most recently, the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, and other law enforcement agencies have had to “harden” their offices. Fears have been raised that if the identity of the agents who executed the Mar-a-Lago search were disclosed, their lives would be in danger. Many conservatives don’t want to see FBI agents murdered and are troubled by anyone who does anything to put them in jeopardy.

We are also learning that Trump is suspected of violating the Espionage Act. That sounds ominous, but what about the affidavit that established probable cause that a crime was being committed that resulted in the search warrant being executed? What is in that?

Trump’s reaction to all these developments, most of which appear to have taken the ex-president by surprise, has been chaotic. It appears he is discussing the most recent bad news and conjuring up a response. Will he release the surveillance tapes that show the FBI agents removing documents? Why not suggest that the FBI planted documents? And why not suggest that the sole reason the search warrant was executed was to prevent Trump from running for president in 2024?

All these reactions have one thing in common: None of them are things you can imagine Joe Biden doing. In contrast to Trump’s “throw as many lies as possible against the wall and see what sticks” approach to crisis management, Biden is a year and a half into an administration with no personnel scandals, no outrageous tweets, and no personal disclosures of an embarrassing nature. (Trump’s efforts to inflate the Hunter Biden story into a distraction from his own legal problems failed.)

So now we see a uniquely American phenomenon. Some Trump supporters are becoming more loyal to him because he is under attack. They don’t care about the treason (January 6 and, potentially, disclosing national secrets to America’s enemies) and are not troubled with how Trump is behaving (depending on the day, he acts like a gangster, a grifter, or an insane person).

Despite former Trump Organization CFO, Allen Weisselberg, pleading guilty to fraud, Rudy Giuliani heading for indictment in Georgia, and the Department of Justice moving towards indicting Trump himself, Trump had a better idea: Why not use the FBI search as a fundraising tool? That is what Trump did. The effort has been quite successful.

While Trump has been busy reacting to the steady flow of bad news, fundraising for his own benefit, and enjoying the success of several of his endorsed candidates, Capitol Hill Republicans are getting nervous about the 2022 elections. They were expected to win control of the House and Senate easily. Now, largely because of Trump, Senate seats in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia, and other states are likely to go Democratic. Because of Trump, the Republicans will not control Capitol Hill. If Trump keeps up his meddling in the 2022 elections, the party’s expected win in the House of Representatives may also come into play.

This situation has a lot of Republicans condemning Trump in private, hoping for his political demise, and even planning for the post-Trump era. Because of Trump’s hard-core supporters, however, most of them are keeping their mouths shut. That is likely to change in November if the 2022 elections present another example of Trump throwing an election to the other side. (The first example was Georgia, where Trump, obsessed with his own loss, effectively told Republicans not to vote in the run-off election that sent two Democratic Senators to Washington.)

Trump has proven to be something of the Energizer Bunny. He doesn’t quit. This brings us back to why some of us remember the rescue that Joe Biden’s election represented. We are seeing Trump behavior that would be a crisis if Trump were still president. Trump himself is contributing to this awakening by hinting at a few of the things he would do if elected president again in 2024.

In recent weeks luck seems to have turned in Joe Biden’s favor. He may or may not run in 2024, but he is indisputably becoming more popular than he was a month ago. Part of that is a string of legislative victories that appeared unlikely last Spring. But a lot of it is the realization that Trump is still around and could win the White House in 2024.

So, why is Trump’s reaction to the search at Mar-a-Lago important? It backfired. The harm done to Trump’s political future from the search itself is outweighed by how the ex-president is reacting to it. Thank God for that.

medium
bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 12:54 pm
@revelette1,
Hint: don't read newspapers that paywall their readership.

They are more concerned with making money than informing people.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 01:01 pm
@hightor,
Here's American Thinker's response to all the crap going on:

Quote:
When President Trump re-takes the White House in 2024, we conservatives will be in charge of the House of Representatives and possibly the Senate.

That is the time to fix what has gone so horribly wrong ever since COVID and the 2020 election.

Having read Trump’s book, “The Art of the Deal,” I am going to attempt a death-defying feat here by offering him advice.

His book reveals him to be infinitely patient and a strategic thinker, making few mistakes. He’s a winner, a fighter, and I take a great risk by daring to give him advice. Nevertheless, here is a list of priorities I’d like to see implemented. I believe conservatives and sane liberals throughout America would like to see these things happen. Here goes:

Re-open the Keystone and other pipelines to re-establish our energy independence. Drill as though our lives depend on it.
Fire the entirety of upper level FBI and DOJ and replace them with unbiased people, or known conservative players.
Immediately fire any federal officials who refuse to prosecute criminals.
Fire appointees who populate government agencies who have been making law, e.g., the Department of Education, the EPA, the FBI, the IRS and the other alphabet agencies that have seen fit to legislate behind Congress’ back, and often with Congress’s imprimatur.
Clean out our military of all vestiges of critical race theory (CRT). If that means firing officers, do it.
Ditto government schools at all levels: CRT should be eliminated as overt racism.
Outlaw voting machines entirely and go back to paper ballots. Forbid the counting of votes past midnight on election day. No exceptions.
Cleanse all government entities of all sex/gender/drag materials and ideology. Such education should be left to parents, guardians, and religious entities.
Forbid lockdowns for any reason.
Immediately stop “COVID relief funds” and put able-bodied people back to work.
No congressman or congresswoman will be permitted to financially benefit from any upcoming legislation within 10 years of implementation.
Fast-track all complaints by citizens regarding IRS audit bias or harassment against conservatives.
Any whiff of IRS agents' bias against white people will result in immediate dismissal of said agent.
Pardon all Trump people and any other conservatives who were unconstitutionally charged, harassed or imprisoned by Democrats for political “crimes.” This includes, but is not limited to, all J6 prisoners.
Send an elite team to Afghanistan to get our weapons back and to release any Americans being held there.
Investigate Hillary, Joe and Hunter Biden, and Nancy Pelosi for Chinese connections, Chinese influence, and the Russia-Russia-Russia illegalities.
Relieve fertilizer shortages and prescription drug shortages that are due to overseas supply problems. Manufacture our own.
Give American farmers relief by putting them back to work. Ditto every business and job hurt by the shutdown and by the sabotaged economy, e.g., truckers, food chain workers, etc.
Begin the process of instituting term limits for all Congress members.

That's it for starters. I don’t know how much Trump can actually do himself but what he cannot do, he can influence others to do, then let TPTB fix it.

No doubt I have left out some critical matters which need fixing. We can get to those as well at some point.

We voters have spent the last two years angry and frustrated that the levers of power are jammed insofar as justice goes. It is past time to take back some sanity in America if for no other reason than that it will annoy the living hell out of the Left and allow them to feel our fiery outrage.

We Americans now know the pain and suffering Leftist policies cause. The Left are unrepentant, though. They are doubling down saying they know Americans are suffering, but they simply don't care and we need to get used to it. Well…no.

It is not up to the Left to lower everyone else's standard of living except their own, then to claim the moral high ground "for the sake of the planet." We know that's a lie. They know it's a lie, and Trump knows it's a lie. I hope he has a list of who has been naughty and nice.

Karma may be a booger, schadenfreude may be petty, vengeance may be for God alone, but justice is sweet. I would like to see some justice for the crimes against America the Left have committed.

The thing is, Trump is a great deal more moderate than liberals pretend he is, and it is unlikely that if he takes office again, he would do these things. But they need to be done.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 01:32 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Here's American Thinker's response to all the crap going on:

Quote:
When President Trump re-takes the White House in 2024, we conservatives will be in charge of the House of Representatives and possibly the Senate.

That is the time to fix what has gone so horribly wrong ever since COVID and the 2020 election.

Having read Trump’s book, “The Art of the Deal,” I am going to attempt a death-defying feat here by offering him advice.

His book reveals him to be infinitely patient and a strategic thinker, making
few mistakes. He’s a winner, a fighter, and I take a great risk by daring to give him advice. Nevertheless, here is a list of priorities I’d like to see implemented. I believe conservatives and sane liberals throughout America would like to see these things happen. Here goes:

Re-open the Keystone and other pipelines to re-establish our energy independence. Drill as though our lives depend on it.
Fire the entirety of upper level FBI and DOJ and replace them with unbiased people, or known conservative players.
Immediately fire any federal officials who refuse to prosecute criminals.
Fire appointees who populate government agencies who have been making law, e.g., the Department of Education, the EPA, the FBI, the IRS and the other alphabet agencies that have seen fit to legislate behind Congress’ back, and often with Congress’s imprimatur.
Clean out our military of all vestiges of critical race theory (CRT). If that means firing officers, do it.
Ditto government schools at all levels: CRT should be eliminated as overt racism.
Outlaw voting machines entirely and go back to paper ballots. Forbid the counting of votes past midnight on election day. No exceptions.
Cleanse all government entities of all sex/gender/drag materials and ideology. Such education should be left to parents, guardians, and religious entities.
Forbid lockdowns for any reason.
Immediately stop “COVID relief funds” and put able-bodied people back to work.
No congressman or congresswoman will be permitted to financially benefit from any upcoming legislation within 10 years of implementation.
Fast-track all complaints by citizens regarding IRS audit bias or harassment against conservatives.
Any whiff of IRS agents' bias against white people will result in immediate dismissal of said agent.
Pardon all Trump people and any other conservatives who were unconstitutionally charged, harassed or imprisoned by Democrats for political “crimes.” This includes, but is not limited to, all J6 prisoners.
Send an elite team to Afghanistan to get our weapons back and to release any Americans being held there.
Investigate Hillary, Joe and Hunter Biden, and Nancy Pelosi for Chinese connections, Chinese influence, and the Russia-Russia-Russia illegalities.
Relieve fertilizer shortages and prescription drug shortages that are due to overseas supply problems. Manufacture our own.
Give American farmers relief by putting them back to work. Ditto every business and job hurt by the shutdown and by the sabotaged economy, e.g., truckers, food chain workers, etc.
Begin the process of instituting term limits for all Congress members.

That's it for starters. I don’t know how much Trump can actually do himself but what he cannot do, he can influence others to do, then let TPTB fix it.

No doubt I have left out some critical matters which need fixing. We can get to those as well at some point.

We voters have spent the last two years angry and frustrated that the levers of power are jammed insofar as justice goes. It is past time to take back some sanity in America if for no other reason than that it will annoy the living hell out of the Left and allow them to feel our fiery outrage.

We Americans now know the pain and suffering Leftist policies cause. The Left are unrepentant, though. They are doubling down saying they know Americans are suffering, but they simply don't care and we need to get used to it. Well…no.

It is not up to the Left to lower everyone else's standard of living except their own, then to claim the moral high ground "for the sake of the planet." We know that's a lie. They know it's a lie, and Trump knows it's a lie. I hope he has a list of who has been naughty and nice.

Karma may be a booger, schadenfreude may be petty, vengeance may be for God alone, but justice is sweet. I would like to see some justice for the crimes against America the Left have committed.

The thing is, Trump is a great deal more moderate than liberals pretend he is, and it is unlikely that if he takes office again, he would do these things. But they need to be done.

Trump is a GREAT DEAL more ignorant, classless, disgusting and evil than American conservatives pretend he is...and if he takes office again, America will become an authoritarian state within one year.

I suspect there is almost no chance of Trump ever becoming president again. By now, lots of conservatives realize the scourge he is...and will vote against him.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 01:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, I don't know where you get the patience to read these nut-bags theories on revenge politics written by bigger nut-bags.
BillW

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 02:00 pm
@glitterbag,
Agreed, I haven't got the patience I had many years ago - anymore!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 04:06 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Rsading on my phone, i cannot fell where American Thunker sfops and bulma starts buf that is total bilge. Ic buma and Thunker advocare it, the opposite is the sane thinv to do. And when they talk a bouf we the people and the american voter they should realize they are the bamboozled minority not the left. Thatts why they LOST in 2020.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 10:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
Yes, so let's review the "sane thing to do" again.

So for reference, they advised...
AmericanThinker wrote:

1. Re-open the Keystone and other pipelines to re-establish our energy independence. Drill as though our lives depend on it.
2. Fire the entirety of upper level FBI and DOJ and replace them with unbiased people, or known conservative players.
3. Immediately fire any federal officials who refuse to prosecute criminals.
4. Fire appointees who populate government agencies who have been making law, e.g., the Department of Education, the EPA, the FBI, the IRS and the other alphabet agencies that have seen fit to legislate behind Congress’ back, and often with Congress’s imprimatur.
5. Clean out our military of all vestiges of critical race theory (CRT). If that means firing officers, do it.
6. Ditto government schools at all levels: CRT should be eliminated as overt racism.
7. Outlaw voting machines entirely and go back to paper ballots. Forbid the counting of votes past midnight on election day. No exceptions.
8. Cleanse all government entities of all sex/gender/drag materials and ideology. Such education should be left to parents, guardians, and religious entities.
9. Forbid lockdowns for any reason.
10. Immediately stop “COVID relief funds” and put able-bodied people back to work.
11. No congressman or congresswoman will be permitted to financially benefit from any upcoming legislation within 10 years of implementation.
12. Fast-track all complaints by citizens regarding IRS audit bias or harassment against conservatives.
13. Any whiff of IRS agents' bias against white people will result in immediate dismissal of said agent.
14. Pardon all Trump people and any other conservatives who were unconstitutionally charged, harassed or imprisoned by Democrats for political “crimes.” This includes, but is not limited to, all J6 prisoners.
15. Send an elite team to Afghanistan to get our weapons back and to release any Americans being held there.
16. Investigate Hillary, Joe and Hunter Biden, and Nancy Pelosi for Chinese connections, Chinese influence, and the Russia-Russia-Russia illegalities.
17. Relieve fertilizer shortages and prescription drug shortages that are due to overseas supply problems. Manufacture our own.
18. Give American farmers relief by putting them back to work. Ditto every business and job hurt by the shutdown and by the sabotaged economy, e.g., truckers, food chain workers, etc.
19. Begin the process of instituting term limits for all Congress members.

So you have basically said this instead...
Quote:

1. Continue to rely on foreign oil. As these countries get more and more desperate (keep in mind, they don't have our technology, so when they are tapped out, they can't do alternatives), they start to invade other countries, and create trouble.
2. Continue to allow the FBI and DOJ to behave like goons. If Trump can be flash-searched without any warrant, there's no way it would happen to people like you and me.
3. Allow violent thugs and terrorists on the streets of Chicago or NYC because neither FBI nor politicians want to jail them. Because COVID, you know.
4. Further clog the government with federal bureaus that haven't been elected by any public vote but which decide US policy.
5. Flood our military with racial theories, so that blacks and whites fight each other rather than domestic or foreign threats.
6. Teach children from the point where they need to learn about US history that the US was a slave camp, and that white people are scumbags that oppress everyone. Let your children hate themselves their entire lives, and hey race wars are a great way for MLK's dream of blacks and whites living in harmony to come true.
7. Have fully hackable machines that can also be programmed to change votes active for the next 20 years. (Btw, didn't you guys accuse Trump of Russian hacking? So, it seems as though you need this too)
8. Teach a bunch gender stuff to four year olds, getting them to rush into having a sex change long before they are anywhere near informed consent.
(I was given informed consent at about 30 to have an orchiectomy, and I decided it was entirely too much hassle. Meanwhile, a kid at 4 will think nothing of bankrupting their own parents for such surgery. But I suppose this is acceptable behavior)
9. Double down on isolating people even though any casual psychological or sociological study can tell you in depth about the devastating effects of isolation on the human psyche.
10. From cradle to grave, hand out free money for people not to work. Let people get paid even though nobody is growing crops, providing industry, working at banks, restaurants, or stores. Because "Biden job growth." He says so, so it must be so.
11. Allow members of Congress to effectively write themselves checks through passing laws that don't apply to them.
12. Do nothing as the IRS moves from a tax agency to an informal group of storm troopers.
13. Allow IRS to persecute white people based on their skin. Not like they're being racist or anything.
14. Allow random people to continue to be harassed as political criminals. I suppose it's okay because you're not a conservative. After all, there would never be a point where that might be a problem.
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/023/109/first-they-came-martin-niemoller.jpg
15. Allow stranded Americans and our weapons to stay in Afghanistan for years. While we're at it, we pull out of Ukraine when it starts being inconvenient, leaving troops and weapons there too.
16. Let people who have engaged in corruption with China or Russia continue to do so.
17. Continue to import drugs and fertilizers overseas, instead of making anything, resulting in $1000+ aspirin or manure.
18. Leave American farmers out of work, resulting in food being required to be imported, as Americans stop growing food. Ditto every business and job hurt by the shutdown and by the sabotaged economy, e.g., truckers, food chain workers, etc. Let America produce nothing and consume everything, like Haiti or other dependent countries.
19. Allow Congress members to have tenure for life, regardless of how corrupt they are.

Good to know what the "sane" thing to do is. I'm so relieved to know that I have been bamboozled, and now I feel enlightened knowing what the meet, right, and very sane thing is to do.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2022 02:59 am
@bulmabriefs144,
You call deepply right wing white nationalist wacko economic conservative ideology unbiased. it isn;t. as evidenced by the FACTsident b that Biden is president by the greatest vote in history, the majpproty american people reject your bllikered ideology.
hightor

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2022 03:11 am
Quote:
So for reference, they advised...

Okay, so far.
Quote:

So you have basically said this instead...

Here's where he goes off the rails. He thinks that criticizing particular measures in the list automatically means that one prefers their opposite.

AT wrote:
1. Re-open the Keystone and other pipelines to re-establish our energy independence. Drill as though our lives depend on it.

But the counter-response could just as easily be:

1. Continue the shift to non-polluting forms of energy which don't release greenhouse gases because our lives depend on it.

or

AT wrote:
2. Fire the entirety of upper level FBI and DOJ and replace them with unbiased people, or known conservative players.

How about this instead?

2. Support the non-political agents and officers who enforce criminal law and defend national security. No one is above the law, including former holders of high government office, and no one gets to defy lawmen executing a legally obtained search warrant.

It's amusing that the third bit of advice from American Thinker is:
AT wrote:
3. Immediately fire any federal officials who refuse to prosecute criminals.

That would mean a judge who refused to sign the Mar-a-Lago search warrant. Or FBI agents who refused a legal order to search for and recover stolen national security documents.

In this case, the fevered effort to counter well-placed criticism leads to an ineffectual attempt to put other words in someone's mouth and make up things which were never intended nor said. The entire list of nineteen of fictional replies is no more authentic than saying the earth is flat. And many of these attempted retorts are self-contradictory or simply ignorant.
0 Replies