Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 07:04 am
@hightor,
He's been peddling this line, because it's true.

You can see him fondling children and teens on CSPAN. At 6:30 especially when he dismisses everyone to hold this preteen girl, and get a shot just with her. It's sick, and frankly monstrous. You may not see anything, but if a guy went to a playground and did the same soet of fondling, they would be arrested for pedophilia.

This is how we know this behavior is not appropriate, that it wouldn't fly on a typical playground.

This is not some hidden knowledge (though youtube has tried to make it harder to find these videos). You see this creepy uncle doing bad touch on all these kids, and if he does this when the camera is rolling, I wouldn't want to be alone in a room with him. Would you?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 07:17 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

He's been peddling this line, because it's true.

You can see him fondling children and teens on CSPAN. At 6:30 especially when he dismisses everyone to hold this preteen girl, and get a shot just with her. It's sick, and frankly monstrous. You may not see anything, but if a guy went to a playground and did the same soet of fondling, they would be arrested for pedophilia.

This is how we know this behavior is not appropriate, that it wouldn't fly on a typical playground.
[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4PLSPvJ9BY[/youtube]

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=riBwqfDjFko[/youtube]

This is not some hidden knowledge (though youtube has tried to make it harder to find these videos). You see this creepy uncle doing bad touch on all these kids, and if he does this when the camera is rolling, I wouldn't want to be alone in a room with him. Would you?

Obviously you view what Joe Biden is doing in the perspective of your own sicknesses, Bulma.

Okay, but with each post, you tell us more about what is wrong with you rather than with Joe Biden.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 07:39 am
@bulmabriefs144,
You fools are obsessed with this stuff. You actively seek it out, collecting all these stupid compilations made by people similarly obsessed, and then display your ignorance, and insult our intelligence, by trying to pass it off as news we should be concerned about. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Quote:
It's sick, and frankly monstrous.

No it isn't. But this is:

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2022/06/19/multimedia/19guncountry-print-2/merlin_208615968_97b5efec-2d7f-4da5-afad-1e826dff6620-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 07:48 am
@hightor,
What bothers me more is that turkeys like you give him a free pass. I guarantee that if my friend Nathan Larson went to a playground, he wouldn't be able to get within COVID distance (six feet) of a young girl before someone called the police, yet here these parents are like "Go right ahead!" when he asks if he can groping little kiddos inappropriately .

These "compilations" are not made by me. And are not difficult to find, unless actively suppressed.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=biden+groping+girls&t=ftas&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

Let's ignore the Latin for a second, and ask a serious question. Why are you NOT concerned about this? Obviously, if a conservative candidate so much as touched his own daughter (as shown by Trump hugging his daughter being given moral equivalence of touching another family's underage child), you're up in arms. But you act like nothing at all is inappropriate here.

Why are you NOT outraged by this? Well?!?

Frank Apisa, I know the difference between appropriate and inappropriate touch. So what's wrong with me? What's wrong with you, that you think there is nothing wrong with this?!?

What's your point about the gun? I don't own a gun. I find swords a more elegant weapon. I don't equate weapons with manhood, and whoever made that picture is overcompensating. But you're deflecting. The point is him (Biden) and you. Why is a civilized person who knows Latin defending a senile pedophile and the worst sort of creep?
hightor

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 08:08 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
These "compilations" are not made by me.

I didn't say they were. Read much?
I wrote:
You actively seek it out, collecting all these stupid compilations made by people similarly obsessed...

Quote:
Let's ignore the Latin for a second...

Let's ignore you. (And it's French, not Latin.)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 08:26 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:
Let's ignore the Latin for a second,
That's a maxim in the Anglo-Norman language, a dialect, spoken in medieval England by the chivalry. Since those days, it's the motto of the British chivalric Order of the Garter, the highest of all British knighthoods, the motto of the shield of the Royal coat of arms of the United Kingdom, it's on the cover of British passports ... ...
And it was also the motto of the coat of arms of the Electorate of Prussia-Brandenburg (which can be seen, for example, on the Spandau Citadel in Berlin).

Nowadays, this saying is mostly used ironically in English, but also in German, Italian and French.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 08:28 am
@hightor,
French is a Latin-derivative language .

The Germanic languages are not related, but all the Romance languages arise from Latin. Btw, why aren't you speaking Latin?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_languages
Latin is a classical language.

French, as far as I'm concerned, is not worth anyone learning to speak it.
The words individually do not mean what the words as a group say, thanks to frequent figures of speech.

You accused "you people" of making these compilations. Nor were they difficult to seek out. The point is, if your leader is slaughtering animals or something, you can accuse people of "seeking out dirt" but the dirt is happening, those animals are still dead, and you're in denial of it.

Quote:
There once was a tender-hearted woman who rescued a poor, half-frozen snake from near death in the winter cold. “Take me in, oh tender woman,” the snake cries out. “Take me in, for heaven’s sake.”

So the tender-hearted woman takes the snake into her own home, warms it by the fire and feeds it milk and honey: “If I hadn’t brought you in, by now you might have died.” But instead of saying thanks, the snake gave her a vicious bite.

“I saved you,” cried the woman. “And you’ve bitten me, but why? You know your bite is poisonous, and now I’m going to die.” “Oh shut up, silly woman,” said the reptile with a grin. “You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in.”

Just because you'd like to pretend that your leader isn't a child groper, hasn't inflated the economy, hasn't screwed with gas prices, etc, doesn't mean it isn so. I don't "go looking for" these things. They are there, and easily accessible. That you're in chronic denial is not my business.

Quote:
In current French usage, the phrase may be used ironically to imply the presence of a hidden agenda or a conflict of interest.

What would be my hidden agenda? Meanwhile, I can clearly see an agenda for turning a blind eye to what is obvious to anyone who knows how a groper would be treated anywhere else in polite society (if Biden weren't president, he should be arrested for fondling minors like this).
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 09:00 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Frank Apisa, I know the difference between appropriate and inappropriate touch.

Yeah...like you KNOW the Earth is flat.

You are a disturbed young man. And it seems to me you, and many others, are projecting with regard to some of this "touching."

Quote:
So what's wrong with me?

Ask that of a qualified psychiatrist or psychologist.

Quote:
What's wrong with you, that you think there is nothing wrong with this?!?

I think you are seeing what you are projecting.

Quote:
What's your point about the gun?

I did not make any point about any guns. Wake up.

Quote:
I don't own a gun. I find swords a more elegant weapon. I don't equate weapons with manhood, and whoever made that picture is overcompensating. But you're deflecting. The point is him (Biden) and you. Why is a civilized person who knows Latin defending a senile pedophile and the worst sort of creep?

What in the hell are you raving about?????????
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 11:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Pardon me, I just have to rub your belly. Because this is totally appropriate and I know that you'll appreciate it. Also, I'm gonna touch your feet, and sniff your hair. Cuz it's fragrant like lemons.

(For the record that you've been told all your life that the Earth is round has nothing to do with me, I don't have to believe it, and I don't have to accept that it's a crazy idea. That's your hangup. In the meantime, I guess you can explain to me how touching random strangers nearly 1/10 your age nearly anywhere on their body is not groping and is not some form of pedo behavior.)
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 02:55 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Pardon me, I just have to rub your belly. Because this is totally appropriate and I know that you'll appreciate it. Also, I'm gonna touch your feet, and sniff your hair. Cuz it's fragrant like lemons.

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vQrDEYT9JwY[/youtube]

(For the record that you've been told all your life that the Earth is round has nothing to do with me, I don't have to believe it, and I don't have to accept that it's a crazy idea. That's your hangup. In the meantime, I guess you can explain to me how touching random strangers nearly 1/10 your age nearly anywhere on their body is not groping and is not some form of pedo behavior.)

If you want to project your problems onto Joe Biden...you certainly are free to do so. If I want to read what you write here...and laugh at it, I am free to do so.

So...let us both indulge ourselves.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 03:30 am
Quote:
Of all we have heard at the hearings of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol, Judge J. Michael Luttig’s testimony on Thursday stands out. Luttig is a leading conservative thinker, a giant in Republican legal circles, who worked in the Reagan administration, was appointed by President George H. W. Bush to a federal judgeship, and was on the short-list for a Supreme Court seat during President George W. Bush’s term. In January 2021, then–vice president Mike Pence’s staff turned to him for support to make sure Pence didn’t agree to count out electors; Luttig opposed the scheme absolutely.

Luttig’s words carry weight among Republican lawmakers.

On Thursday, Judge Luttig examined the ongoing danger to democracy and located it not just on former president Donald Trump and his enablers, but on the entire Republican Party of today, the party that embraces the Big Lie that Trump won the 2020 election, the party that continues to plan to overturn any election in which voters choose a Democrat.

“[T]he former president and his party are today a clear and present danger for American democracy,” Luttig reiterated to NPR’s All Things Considered.

And, as if in confirmation, delegates to a convention of the Texas Republican Party today approved platform planks rejecting “the certified results of the 2020 Presidential election, and [holding] that acting President Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. was not legitimately elected by the people of the United States”; requiring students “to learn about the dignity of the preborn human,” including that life begins at fertilization; treating homosexuality as “an abnormal lifestyle choice”; locking the number of Supreme Court justices at 9; getting rid of the constitutional power to levy income taxes; abolishing the Federal Reserve; rejecting the Equal Rights Amendment; returning Christianity to schools and government; ending all gun safety measures; abolishing the Department of Education; arming teachers; requiring colleges to teach “free-market liberty principles”; defending capital punishment; dictating the ways in which the events at the Alamo are remembered; protecting Confederate monuments; ending gay marriage; withdrawing from the United Nations and the World Health Organization; and calling for a vote “for the people of Texas to determine whether or not the State of Texas should reassert its status as an independent nation.”

Luttig said that Republicans must start speaking to Democrats as ”fellow Americans that have a shared destiny and shared hopes and dreams for America.” “We cannot have in America either political party behaving itself like the Republican Party has since the 2020 election.”

I’ve been thinking a lot since Thursday of Luttig’s clear-eyed view of the dangers we face in this country today, and of his willingness to cast aside old political loyalties to call them out in order to protect our democracy. They remind me of nothing so much as Abraham Lincoln’s description of the way northerners reacted to the 1854 passage of a law permitting the spread of enslavement into western lands from which it had previously been excluded. The passage of that law woke up Americans who had not been paying attention, and convinced them to work across old political lines to stop oligarchs from destroying democracy. Northerners were “thunderstruck and stunned; and we reeled and fell in utter confusion. But we rose each fighting, grasping whatever he could first reach—a scythe—a pitchfork—a chopping axe, or a butcher's cleaver” to push back against the oligarchic enslavers, Lincoln later said. Regardless of where they started politically, they stood up for democracy together. And while they came from different parties, he said, they were “still Americans; no less devoted to the continued Union and prosperity of the country than heretofore.”

Over the course of the next decade, that new coalition argued and struggled and took the nation in an entirely new direction. It fought and won a war that involved more than two million men and cost more than $5 billion, established our first national money, welcomed immigrants, created public colleges, invented the income tax, gave farmers land, built transcontinental railroads, and—finally—ended human enslavement in the U.S. except as punishment for a crime for which a person had been duly convicted.

And, of course, it saved the nation from those seeking to destroy it.

“[T]o my knowledge, I’ve never spoken publicly a single word of politics,” Luttig told NPR about his extraordinary statements. In a later note he added: “I wanted to do this for America and I understood I had an obligation to do it for America. It was my ‘moment’ in my life to stand up, step forward, and bear witness to what I believe and what I do not believe.”

hcr
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 07:09 am
Do y’all know why we’re NEVER going to get a clear, convincing answer from the Uvalde police about what happened?

Because the simple truth is that they were frightened. And when have we EVER had police admit to just straight up being scared, I mean besides as an excuse to murder black people?

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 03:31 pm
@snood,
Americans think trump should face charges for his 1/6 insurrection attempts at a coup,, by 58 to 40 percents.
snood

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 03:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
Well, that’s nice, but the will of the majority doesn’t seem to be packing much punch lately. I mean, over 70% of Americans are in favor of universal background checks, but that means nothing to the rotten GOP Senate.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 08:52 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

SOME Americans think trump should face charges for his 1/6 insurrection attempts at a coup,, by 58 to 40 percents.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 09:12 pm
@McGentrix,
yeah, 58 %. Some, like very close to a super majority.
Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 03:15 am
@Builder,
Quote:
A "super majority" would be above 75%, but don't let facts get in the way of your rhetoric.

Incorrect.

"A supermajority, supra-majority, qualified majority, or special majority is a requirement for a proposal to gain a specified level of support which is greater than the threshold of more than one-half used for a simple majority."

Quote:
President Trump played no part in this "insurrection" event.

While the first error may be simply due to ignorance, denying Trump's role in the events of January 6 requires a measure of activated stupidity.

Fail.

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 04:05 am
@hightor,
a super majoprity which is needed to get any meaninglul legislation passed in congress is 60%, not 75. Republican intransigence insures that point is rarely reached, and the country suffers. And as the hearings have rather conclusively shown, Trump's treason came very close to overthrowing our country, As usual, hightor nails it.
BillW

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 08:24 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Apart from these constitutional requirements, a Senate rule (except in cases covered by the nuclear option, or of a rule change) requires an absolute supermajority of three-fifths to move to a vote through a cloture motion, which closes debate on a bill or nomination, thus ending a filibuster by a minority of members. In current practice, the mere threat of a filibuster prevents passing almost any measure that has less than three-fifths agreement in the Senate, 60 of the 100 senators if every seat is filled.

-wiki

Three-fifths is 60 votes. This measure has been a Senate rule and has been in order in recent times by the Republicans. I can't now remember which Senate passed it. Recent times is probably something less than thirty years. Republicans have always been a fan of strong minority rule!
0 Replies