Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

hightor

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 04:34 am
@Builder,
Quote:
You appear to be here every waking minute of your day...

You actually spend your time monitoring how much time I spend on this site? That's really creepy. I doubt if I spend any more time here than you do.
Quote:
...often forgetting what you said on one thread, and contradicting yourself on another...

You cannot provide one example of self-contradiction on my part. You accused me of that once and I showed you that you were mistaken. Priceless.
hightor

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 04:41 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Its a start.

There are good aspects to it but a $15 minimum goes a lot further in some places than it does in others. What I find troubling is that working full time at the current minimum doesn't even provide $15,000 a year. Any minimum wage should at least provide enough to lift oneself out of poverty.

Quote:
I question the direct pay to businesses since in the first 1.9 Trillion (CARE) bill, it was discovered that not a few businesses didnt play fairly with the way their payouts were to be used.

Sure, any program needs sufficient oversight. Trump was perfectly happy to give money to big corporations that didn't need it. I trust that some lessons were learned.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 12:04 pm
Quote:
Brian Tyler Cohen
@briantylercohen
While Trump was president, EVERY Democrat voted for the $2 trillion CARES Act, even though doing so helped Trump.

While Biden is president, ZERO Republicans voted for the $1.9 trillion American Relief Plan, because hurting Biden is more important than helping Americans.
3:27 PM · Mar 6, 2021
oralloy

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 12:11 pm
@hightor,
It is important that this illegitimate president be undermined at every turn.

And if Mr. Biden can't persuade any Republicans to support his bill, that's a leadership failure on his part.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
longjon

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 03:08 pm
@hightor,
I think it's very obvious that oralloy is correct. The ACTUAL president commanded respect. The illegitimate president is a joke in his own party. That's why he's not allowed to speak in public without controlled instruction.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 04:44 pm
@longjon,
What are you blabbering on about?

Trump LOST btw, I'm not sure how that has escaped your neurotic mess but yes, Biden IS the ACTUAL President.
oralloy

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 04:46 pm
@neptuneblue,
Mr. Biden is an illegitimate president.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 05:13 pm
Biden Endorses Female Generals Whose Promotions Were Delayed Over Fears of Trump’s Reaction

Quote:
President Biden has nominated two female generals to elite, four-star commands, the Defense Department announced, months after their Pentagon bosses had agreed on their promotions but held them back out of fears that President Donald J. Trump would reject the officers because they were women.
-----
The unusual strategy to delay the officers’ promotions — intended to protect their accomplished careers — was devised last fall by Mark T. Esper, the defense secretary at the time, and Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

They both thought the two generals were exceptional officers deserving of the commands. But under Mr. Trump, they worried that any candidates other than white men for jobs mostly held by white men might run into resistance once their nominations reached the White House.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/07/us/politics/female-generals-promoted-biden.html

Military leaders felt the need to protect their female officers from President Trump's apparent sexism.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 05:15 pm
@neptuneblue,

is longjon one of those QAnon whackjobs?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 06:12 pm
A quick break from important news, to focus on the GOP's attention on current culture wars:

Quote:
If you listened to the Republican Party over the past week, it might have been easy to think that the core planks of its platform were defending a deceased children’s author, a decades-old children’s toy — and a subspecies of human that went extinct 40,000 years ago.

That’s because GOP leaders have been vociferously protesting a decision to stop publishing Dr. Seuss books that include racially stereotyped images; the removal of “Mr.” from the Mr. Potato Head brand; and President Biden’s characterization of ending mask mandates as “Neanderthal thinking.”

Amid debate over one of the most expensive stimulus packages in American history and turmoil over the global pandemic, many Republicans have been focused on what they view as “cancel culture” run amok.
-----
Over the course of the past week, Fox News has spent 4 hours and 38 minutes on Dr. Seuss, Mr. Potato Head and Biden’s comments about Neanderthals, according to a tally by the liberal watchdog Media Matters for America. That compared to 42 minutes from CNN and 39 minutes from MSNBC on those topics.

Fox News on Tuesday alone devoted an hour and nine minutes to Dr. Seuss — more than the combined amount it spent on the coronavirus vaccine and FBI testimony about the Jan. 6 insurrection.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gop-seuss-muppets-neanderthal/2021/03/05/9d4e92b6-7dd8-11eb-a976-c028a4215c78_story.html

What a waste of time. On the bright side, Dr. Seuss' publisher has been making a lot of money this week due to people buying all available copies of those 6 books.
0 Replies

longjon

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 06:58 pm
@oralloy,
Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that Biden is illegitimate is an evil liar. Period.
Builder

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 07:05 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
You actually spend your time monitoring how much time I spend on this site?

Not at all. You just happen to be here every time I decide to pop in for a look, which is pretty weird.

Quote:
That's really creepy

See above.

Quote:
I doubt if I spend any more time here than you do.

I'm active on two or three threads. We can all see how many you're active on, and there's a time and date stamp on every response. Not rocket science, unless you really are a response bot.

Quote:
You cannot provide one example of self-contradiction on my part.

I already did.

Quote:
You accused me of that once and I showed you that you were mistaken.

No, actually you just denied it. There's a difference.

neptuneblue

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 09:06 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Mr. Biden is an illegitimate president.

Although you are quite spirited, you are quite wrong. It isn't the first, and it won't be your last.
BillW

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 09:39 pm
Many dems are demanding Cuomo resign, but for Repubs he seems to now be very normal in their eyes........ maybe they will ask him to run for President on their ticket?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 11:49 pm
@longjon,
t.biden makes perfect sense, he's increased covid vaccination immensely, he's got a gop-stalled stimulus package passed, he's improving obamacahpresidency is same, a welcome change.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 11:56 pm
@longjon,
We voted for biden for president and he won. by definition that means he's the legitimate prez. thinking otherwise is delusional.
Builder

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 12:46 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
We voted for biden for president and he won.

We, being more votes than Obama ever got, while creepy Joe didn't even bother to campaign.

Quote:
by definition that means he's the legitimate prez.

Which doesn't explain his inauguration being filmed on a green screen at an undisclosed address, with zero public in attendance.

Quote:
thinking otherwise is delusional.

Being curious about what is really going on, is a natural human trait.

Accusing us of being delusional, is a desperate, knee-jerk reactionary attempt to silence our healthy skepticism.
Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 04:07 am
@hightor,
. Most of us will hit A2k at various times of the day for short periods, (I like lunch time , nd early AM). Like you, weve got farm work and errands and projects.
Whenever Ollie starts talking lik a loon I usually hang out for few interactions just for fun.

You have a lumber mill nearby or do you have your own "WoodMizer" (whatever brand).
A month aago we hauled a 10 ft segment of a poplar log and a cherry log to the mill where the poplar gave us some really nice cabinet wood (painted) and the cherry Im gonna plane down for wall hanging book shelves and studio stuff for the studio and the "milkhouse"

I love watching the mill working.