Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Builder

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 03:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter, you're operating under an assumption that if you throw enough dirt, some of it will stick.

Two impeach attempts, and laughed out of court.

Four years of wasted "effort" because they all knew what the outcome would be.

Deny that.
hightor

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 03:28 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Two impeach attempts, and laughed out of court.

Once again — you have no idea what you're talking about. Both cases laid out specific charges and neither case was "laughed out of court" — you must be thinking of the Trump campaign's attempt to overturn the election results.
Quote:
Four years of wasted "effort" because they all knew what the outcome would be.

Trump didn't even make the mistake that led to his first impeachment until July of 2019. That's hardly four years. Nor was any effort "wasted". The complete description of his misconduct is laid out for the historical record. Since the Senate isn't a court of law a vote against conviction was a political choice which, as in every case of presidential impeachment, falls along party lines.
Quote:
Deny that.

I just did.
Builder

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 03:33 am
@hightor,

Quote:
Once again — you have no idea what you're talking about.

Once again --- you have no concept of reality.

Two impeachment attempts, and not a single result.
hightor

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 04:10 am
@Builder,
Quote:

As I said, the complete description of his misconduct is laid out for the historical record. There have been criminal cases where, for one reason or another, charges are dropped, juries fail to convict, a case is reversed on appeal — those are still "results". The record of the proceedings doesn't simply disappear. The effects of the crime don't evaporate. The public understanding of the charges, based on prosecutorial evidence, isn't erased. And the findings, whether "guilty" or "not guilty" are still "results". Most USAmericans believe Trump incited the Jan. 6 riot, despite the partisan outcome of the Senate trial.
Builder

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 04:16 am
@hightor,
Quote:
As I said, the complete description of his misconduct is laid out for the historical record

Yes, and we have the same for Obama and his SoS.

Ironic that the first ever black president of the USA, presided over the destruction of the shining light of North Africa.
hightor

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 06:01 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Ironic that the first ever black president of the USA, presided over the destruction of the shining light of North Africa.

Why is that "ironic" — rather than simply false? Qaddafi was an Arab, Obama had a Kenyan father. And Qaddafi's fall wasn't engineered by Obama and his SoS — like many of the Arab leaders he was opposed by powerful factions within his own country and even within his inner circle.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP._qSymie8brtJhOuuzcNFSgHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1
A "shining light" — no, I don't think so. He's just one more pathetic participant in the parade of powerful political clowns who waddle onto the world stage for a few acts, exit unceremoniously, and leave the audience scratching their heads, "What did we just see?" By the way, I wasn't keen to see him overthrown but he totally misjudged his command over his army and the level of his popular support.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 06:18 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
Walter, you're operating under an assumption that if you throw enough dirt, some of it will stick.

Builder wrote:
An Impeachment (according to Article II of the [US] Constitution) is the first step in removing an officer from office.

The removal itself is not an "impeachment" since that term has a specific legal meaning, namely - repeating my above - it is the first step taken to remove an officer from office.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 06:25 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

The party's are supposed to work to find common grou to get things done when they disagree. Since Newt Gingrich's Contract on America in 1992, exacerbated during the obama admn and1000% percent in the trump maladministration, the GOP is not interested in working with democrats. It's their way or the highway, and their way sucks.

Exactly.

And since the Republican members of congress represent just a small percentage of the people compared with the Democrats...a minority of the people have been making (and are currently making) all the major decisions for the nation.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if the Republicans are totally incapable of running government intelligently and reasonably.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 07:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ever wonder why Builder bothers showing up here to make his ridiculous pronouncements about subjects of which he is obviously ignorant? His theories are regularly blown out of the water, his links exposed as bogus. All he needs to do is assume an air of humility, formulate his observation into a tentative question, and then politely ask whether or not he's gotten it right. People would be more than happy to correct his misunderstandings, he might actually learn something, and he wouldn't come across as such a figure of fun!
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 06:34 pm
Let me see now; first impeachment was an attempt to remove Trump from office. As predicted, complete failure.

Second attempt at impeachment, despite Trump not being in office, but to prevent him from running for office again; as predicted, complete failure.

RABEL222

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 09:10 pm
I'm glad he is here. It some how makes me feel better to know it not only u s people who can gobble down the lies politicians put out there.
Builder

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 09:35 pm
@RABEL222,
I'm showing you the other side of the coin.

It's you people who need to see how badly you've been lied to for decades.

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 11:05 pm
@Builder,
Not even remotely comparable to the way we were lied to constantly during the trump years and the concerted ten week campaign to steal the election for him
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 03:19 am
@Builder,
In both cases, conviction in a partisan Senate was doubtful. Everyone knew that; presidential impeachment proceedings have worked that way in the past. No, removal and disqualification for holding future office were really secondary to making a public investigation of the president's misconduct and having it permanently on the historical record. Considering the public support for the investigations, and the facts uncovered, neither case can be considered a "complete failure".
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 03:24 am
@Builder,
Quote:
I'm showing you the other side of the coin.

Except that the coin is counterfeit.
Quote:
It's you people who need to see how badly you've been lied to for decades.

We know that from reading the work of countless responsible journalists and reporters. They have exposed the lies told by the establishment as well as the ones promulgated by the conspiratards and the right-wing purveyors of disinformation.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 06:33 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Let me see now; first impeachment was an attempt to remove Trump from office. As predicted, complete failure.

It was NOT a failure. It was a success. Trump was stained with having been impeached.

Quote:

Second attempt at impeachment, despite Trump not being in office, but to prevent him from running for office again; as predicted, complete failure.

The second was NOT an attempt at impeachment...HE WAS IMPEACHED A SECOND TIME, a fact which should have sunk in by now.

Also he was impeached while in office...not as you mistakenly allege, while "not being in office."

And it was FAR from a complete failure, because Trump will go down in history not only with being the worst president ever, but also the only president to be impeached twice.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 07:16 am
It's rather amusing how the part-time right-wing thumb monkey, having abandoned any effort to defend his mistaken beliefs, now attempts to censor the site with ineffective thumb-downs. Maybe he thinks that the ideas he opposes simply evaporate when he can no longer see them — that's known as "burying your head in the sand", a childish practice usually abandoned as one's critical faculties develop and reason begins to replace emotion.
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.8OMkwFtMMLsJ4ZSok_fVqQHaIN%26pid%3DApi&f=1
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 11:15 pm
Some NPD sufferer ranted;

Quote:
Both cases laid out specific charges and neither case was "laughed out of court"

Here's the reality, for the slow learners; President Trump remained President, despite the actions of a clearly lost democrat mob, who never got over the fact, that their candidate lost in 2016.

The second attempt (clearly a stage play, considering the fact that creepy Joe was gifted the spot, by a DAF "election") failed to prevent Trump from becoming a candidate again in 2024. Not sure why he'd bother, though, considering how the paedophile controllers will just attack him relentlessly again for another four years.

Which part of "wasted agenda" and "get a life" are you having problems with now?