Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 10:14 pm
@oralloy,
i suggest you lkook up the definition of "point out" I [poony out the fact that your posts are bullshit.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 10:25 pm
@oralloy,
i point out everything you say is nonsense.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 10:27 pm
@snood,
snood, you're not helping. oralloy has been poksting the same venomous nonsense for years. ignoring it doesn't stop it, it merely let's it go unchallenged. we differ in tactics. so be it.
snood

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 10:50 pm
@MontereyJack,
We have different “tactics”? Tactics are what someone uses when trying to accomplish something.

I hope you don’t think you’re actually accomplishing anything by “not letting him go unchallenged “

Ignoring it doesn’t stop it, you’re right.

Why even mention “stopping” it? You don’t give a **** about “stopping” anything.

Challenging it doesn’t stop it either.

At least those of us who try to ignore it aren’t letting him drag us by our snouts down into the slop all day.

I think you must enjoy the slop - that is the ONLY earthly reason someone would willingly wrestle for hours with Oralloy. You like the slop. It must be an acquired taste.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 01:35 am
@snood,
No. he's offensive, biased, racist, and malignly wrong. I don't enjoy it at all., and iicannot in conscience stay silent. deal with it however want. I'll do the sme. don't backbite your allies.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 02:11 am
@snood,
I have MJ on ignore because all they seem to do is reply to Oralloy and I don't want to read anything by that.

You must be the first person, other than Oralloy, to talk to MJ for a long time.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 02:21 am
@izzythepush,
don't offend your allies.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 03:21 am
@MontereyJack,
You are the one doing that, you have been asked countless times by a lot of different people not to give Oralloy the attention he is so desperate for.

You refuse and as Snood has already pointed out the result is page after page of Oralloy's moronic, repetitive drivel.

And your replies aren't much better, just refuting what Oralloy said.

If all you want to do is argue with Oralloy carry on, but if you want to have a decent conversation with anyone else you need to change your tactics.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:29 am
Meet Fortune’s new editor-in-chief
BY ALAN MURRAY

"Fortune has a new editor-in-chief. Alyson Shontell, who since 2016 has been editor-in-chief of Business Insider, is taking over editorial leadership of our 92-year old brand, effective Oct. 6. In her new role, she will oversee all the content on Fortune’s multimedia platforms—including the magazine, the website, our newsletters, our executive conferences, video, podcasts, and our new Fortune Connect platform for next-generation leaders.

Alyson is the perfect person to position Fortune for its second century. She has a deep love of great journalism and storytelling. She has overseen award-winning coverage of some of the most important business stories of our time. She is rooted in the tech world, which is the fundamental driver of almost everything happening in business today. And she is a true digital native. As employee number six at Business Insider, she helped shape and build the most successful pure play digital business journalism franchise of our time.

Like most media companies, Fortune has been changing rapidly in recent years, propelled by the changing ways our readers consume content. With Alyson at the helm, the editorial team will have a proven innovator, ready to ensure that we serve our readers world class content, wherever, whenever and however they want it.

And my grateful thanks to her predecessor, Clifton Leaf, who stepped down in June after four years of journalistic excellence, as well as deputy editor Brian O’Keefe, who has been serving skillfully as acting editor-in-chief since then."

oristarA

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 08:52 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

Meet Fortune’s new editor-in-chief

Does it have something to do with the topic of this thread Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events?
oristarA

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 09:13 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

don't offend your allies.

That's it. I'd say Jack has been a fighter for years. He will be a better warrior if he improves his English to the level of Hightor's.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 04:06 pm
@oristarA,
There is nothing wrong with MJ's English. He has a device that is prone to typos.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 06:21 pm
China Joe appeasing his bosses in Asia

Quote:
After President Biden’s address before the United Nations General Assembly Tuesday, Senator Tom Cotton and former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley rebuked his message, which they argue irreparably damaged America’s international reputation and credibility.

Haley said Biden’s rhetoric treated America’s adversaries with kid gloves, as he failed to explicitly name them or highlight the challenges they pose or the egregious abuses they’ve committed. In a line that some Republicans interpreted as appeasement, Biden declared that the U.S. is “not seeking the new Cold War” with China.

source
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 06:45 pm
@oristarA,
Well, I'm not gaga over Fortune's decision to appoint Business Insider editor in chief Alyson Shontell as a longtime reader of Fortune. I think that Fortune should hire The Economist's Daniel Franklin and ask its writers to write like The Economist. That's what its arch-rival Bloomberg seems to be trying to do; it poached The Economist last month and hired Adrian Wooldridge away. Plus, Michael Bloomberg's Bloomberg also has other former editors and writers of The Economist working for him, particularly John Micklethwait, Clive Crook, and Andreas Kluth.

Maybe Fortune wants to woo female readers with the hiring of a female editor in chief; besides, Alyson Shontell is much younger.

Geoff Colvin and Shawn Tully still work for Fortune; they have been writing for Fortune for more than 30 years.
goldberg

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 06:53 pm
I think France is going to revert to Gaullism. And Russia should say merci to Biden's progressive friends for this.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:00 pm
@goldberg,
Barrons, thats what I get. Its never made me lotsa money but it has protected me om losing savings and investments.

I use to collect Fortune mag (issues of WWII and erlier)> Their artwork was really fantastic and they did rally in epth analyses of the Japanes and German axis GNPs and industrial might.

Fortune writers accurately predicted that, should the USA get into a war with the Axis powers , e woul prevail just baed on our untapped industrial might. Sorta "Awakening the sleeping giant and filling him with a terrible resolve".

fortune has lost that verve.
goldberg

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:06 pm
I'd hate to say something like this. It's too stupid to betray your own ally like this. I think France is not going to capitulate to America's demands. If the CDU/CSU candidate Armin Laschet is going to win the forthcoming election in Germany, then Biden's America will find itself caught up in a strange situation: its most powerful allies in Europe don't want to do America's bidding at all.

Armin Laschet reportedly said he would like to mend fences with Putin's Russia.

0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:15 pm
@farmerman,
Agreed. You even have old issues of WWII and erlier? Wow. I admire you for having such age-old issues. My oldest one dates back to 1998. Please keep such old issues as gifts for your kids. It's part of America's cultural legacy.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2021 10:04 am
@goldberg,
Interesting if off topic. If she edited Biz Insider, from their articles that appear in my news feed they are definitey not old fogey reactionaries economically. May be getting a more forward looking less right wing slant on things.w
goldberg

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2021 01:26 am
@MontereyJack,
Hard to say. Alan Murry, who's still the most powerful person at Fortune, used to write for the Wall Street Journal. Adam Lashinsky, who joined Business Insider from Fortune last year, also works for Fox Business Network .

Indeed, it's true that Fortune has lots of liberal writers. Yet I'm not sure it's a big plus for Fortune, Jack. I once found some readers saying on Amazon that they wouldn't be buying Fortune because it's a liberal magazine just like Bloomberg Businessweek.

The conservative Wall Street Journal is going gangbusters in terms of readership.
0 Replies