Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

snood

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 09:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The kind of lockdown done in China and New Zealand.

You know our laws don’t allow the president that kind of autonomy.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 09:37 pm
@snood,
My language was "he should be pushing for." A president has great persuasive powers, but only if they use them.
snood

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 10:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

My language was "he should be pushing for." A president has great persuasive powers, but only if they use them.

This was your language:

Quote:

Biden's biggest covid failure is not pushing stimulus and rescue money and not locking us down.

Easy to interpret as you saying Biden could lock the country down.
Just seems like an unreasonable expectation. Biden can mandate federal property and federal employees.

How do you “persuade” 27 Republican governors to do something for the good of the American people, when all they care about is not pissing off ignorant anti-Vaxxers?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 10:30 pm
@snood,
It was just an error, nothing worthy of a "gocha" as people are so fond of doing here. I was saying he should be pushing and my language slipped up on me.
BillW

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 10:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Biden is doing his best - At the center of Biden's new plan is directing the Labor Department to require all businesses with 100 or more employees ensure their workers are either vaccinated or tested once a week, an expansive step the President took after consultation with administration health officials and lawyers.

That sounds like effective persuasion to me!?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 10:35 pm
@BillW,
My opinion is it's a step but doesn't go far enough.
BillW

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 10:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Agreed!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 10:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

It was just an error, nothing worthy of a "gocha" as people are so fond of doing here. I was saying he should be pushing and my language slipped up on me.

I’m not trying to “gotcha” you anymore than you’re trying to “gotcha” Biden.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 10:52 pm
@snood,
I'm working to be restrained. All these little side disputes are not interesting to me.
goldberg

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 11:22 pm
@goldberg,
And they are not giving up until non-black people capitulate to their outrageous demands.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 11:25 pm
The Economist says the owner of Time magazine is another tax-dodger, despite being a tub-thumper of progressism.

"Such hypocrisy is increasingly prevalent. The founder of Salesforce, a tech behemoth based in San Francisco, is known for championing social-justice causes like a surtax to fund homelessness services in the city. Yet the firm itself paid no federal taxes on $2.6bn in profits in 2020."
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 11:28 pm
Just tell me who's a poser?
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 11:58 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
That sounds like effective persuasion to me!?

Experimental medical procedures should be entirely without persuasion or coercion of any kind. These injections have not been through extensive trials, and have not been proven to be either safe, or effective.

Israel's experience of opening up after 90% double-jabbed has been disastrous, and a good indicator that natural immunity far exceeds any inferred protection from the jabs, against the delta strain.

https://www.science.org/news/2021/08/grim-warning-israel-vaccination-blunts-does-not-defeat-delta

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 12:10 am
@Builder,
It would be a great idea that you read what you linked, Builder.

And then try to understand it.
Builder

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 12:20 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
His message was meant for his fellow Israelis, but it is a warning to the world. Israel has among the world’s highest levels of vaccination for COVID-19, with 78% of those 12 and older fully vaccinated, the vast majority with the Pfizer vaccine. Yet the country is now logging one of the world’s highest infection rates, with nearly 650 new cases daily per million people. More than half are in fully vaccinated people, underscoring the extraordinary transmissibility of the Delta variant and stoking concerns that the benefits of vaccination ebb over time.

The sheer number of vaccinated Israelis means some breakthrough infections were inevitable, and the unvaccinated are still far more likely to end up in the hospital or die. But Israel’s experience is forcing the booster issue onto the radar for other nations, suggesting as it does that even the best vaccinated countries will face a Delta surge.

Yes, Walter. This is what I'm understanding. Even the "booster" isn't working, which is not a great indicator of a happy future for anyone beginning the injection phase of pfizer's longterm program of jabs.
Builder

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 04:16 am
@Builder,
https://www.facebook.com/greataustralianparty/posts/416420739848083
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 06:00 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I'm working to be restrained. All these little side disputes are not interesting to me.

Well, I congratulate you on your professed focus and maturity, Edgar.
But it’s still the case that you have always worked overtime to belittle every democratic president or would-be president except Bernie. And it gets old as ****.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 06:28 am
@snood,
I belittle purposeful underachieving regardless of the party. When Trump and Bush fucked up I went after them. I am not going to be a cheerleader for people who don't give a **** about the working class. Biden has not lived up to many promises and does not give the illusion of caring. Is that what you are waiting to hear? Get a clue, dude.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 12:08 pm
Well, this is interesting. The Capitol Hill Cops are asking for authorization to use lethal force should the MAGA rioters come back.

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-2654963657/
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 02:56 pm
https://rumble.com/vma171-rand-paul-proposes-5-years-in-jail-for-fauci-for-lying-to-congress.html?mref=22lbp&mc=56yab
0 Replies