Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Builder

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 08:51 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Newsflash

You are the director of the dogpile crew, which gives you zero right to even comment on how your intent is to destroy comment here.

Nice try, skippy, but no banana, this time.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 09:24 pm
'We just have to keep going’: Biden faces promise and peril amid surging delta variant

Quote:
The nation added nearly 1 million jobs in July, which he touted as a validation of his economic policies. The Senate is inching toward passage of a sweeping infrastructure plan that Biden believes is crucial to delivering on his promise to boost not only the economy but his faith in bipartisan dealmaking.

But after he reached the lectern, the majority of his remarks were devoted to the issue that helped win him the presidency, the one that has consumed his first six months in office and now threatens to engulf the next: the coronavirus.
The delta variant is spreading rapidly, threatening to consume the Biden administration just a month after he attempted to make a July Fourth declaration of freedom from the virus. The liberal wing of his party — which earlier in the week flexed its political muscle and helped force Biden to take more action on extending an eviction moratorium — has expressed concerns about the compromises made with Republicans on his infrastructure plan.

And the jobs report, while positive, could be a lagging indicator, reflecting last month’s optimism that the country would return to normalcy — not the fresh worry that is now prompting businesses to delay reopening or impose new restrictions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-delta-presidency/2021/08/06/a93fe6be-f6c4-11eb-a49b-d96f2dac0942_story.html

Builder

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 10:22 pm
@Rebelofnj,
The delta variant is the common cold, which is the original coronavirus that has never been "cured" and never will be. Get used to that fact.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 10:36 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
The delta variant is the common cold, which is the original coronavirus that has never been "cured" and never will be. Get used to that fact.
Since flu is worse than the common cold, and symptoms are more intense, and common colds are milder than flu, I'm even more wondering about your mental health.
Builder

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 10:52 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I'm really appreciative of your concerns, Walter, but there's been a total of 25 deaths in the whole of Australia since October 2020, but the dickheads in power think it's fine to turn the nation into a prison camp.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 12:23 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
Newsflash

You are the director of the dogpile crew, which gives you zero right to even comment on how your intent is to destroy comment here.

Nice try, skippy, but no banana, this time.

Oh that's a shame, you must have forgotten what you wrote...... I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to admit to the stuff you write either.
Builder

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 12:29 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I wouldn't want to admit to the stuff you write either.

You first, hippy.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 02:17 am
@Builder,
I don't write your stuff for you, I would never express myself like you express yourself. In other words, you're an odd duck.
Builder

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 03:22 am
@glitterbag,
Shame. I was looking for a new writer.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 04:07 am
@Builder,
Apparently over 900 people died of COVID-19 in Australia. Unless you think that total is wrong in some way.
https://covid19.who.int/region/wpro/country/au
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 07:08 am
@Rebelofnj,
According to Builder that must be the normal death toll of the common cold in Australia - I do wonder, how many die from (in)flu(enza).
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 07:41 am
It just occurs to me now that for the well-being of the site, A2K really ought to allow entry only to those who have been vaccinated. Just imagine the advantages.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 10:35 am
@blatham,
good idea, but oralloy has been fully vaccinated, so it woud probably reduce thep0pulation of fools here but it's not fool-proof.
snood

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 11:13 am
I just saw on FB where someone suggested the government should just start vaccinating people like they do when they anesthetize big animals in Africa - with darts fired from high powered rifles.

It’ll never happen but I sure got a smile from imagining it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 11:21 am
@MontereyJack,
That could be covered by kicking out anyone who has boasted about their fictional IQ 732 times or more.
oralloy

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 01:30 pm
@izzythepush,
Stop lying. There is nothing fictional about the fact that I am infinitely smarter than you are. And addressing the subject of my IQ when you raise the subject is not in any way boasting. Boasting would be if I raised the subject myself.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 01:33 pm
OK Terry.
oralloy

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 01:35 pm
@izzythepush,
You shouldn't falsely accuse people of your own stupidity, duncecap. All it does is draw people's attention to how stupid you are.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 02:12 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

You shouldn't falsely accuse people of your own stupidity, duncecap. All it does is draw people's attention to how stupid you are.

You have got to stop this childish 'name calling'.
oralloy

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 02:18 pm
@glitterbag,
I only do it in self defense. I'll stop when you guys stop.
0 Replies