Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

blatham

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 08:41 am
@snood,
Quote:
that bastard Clyde must’ve been feeling pretty empowered to be petulant and deceptive
That is a very common style of response on the right now, particularly when folks get caught out lying or when embarrassing acts or statements are displayed (Bill O'Reilly, Clarence Thomas, Nixon, etc etc). What else can they do other lie and play victim? And because they are speaking deceivingly so often, we do see a lot of it. These people aren't going to break down and confess. But that doesn't mean they aren't sustaining damage.
snood

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 09:37 am
@blatham,
Quote:
But that doesn’t mean they aren’t sustaining damage.

Damage so imperceptible and debatable that we have to wait for polling and election results to see if there is any loss of support. And the support of their base is the only damage they would care about.

I just don’t buy easily into all the YouTube clips about how this or that person was “destroyed”, or reveling every time one of them gets caught in a lie.

We’re having this discussion over and over. Getting a public “burn” in, on one of the Trumpists is one thing. Practically damaging their position and improving our own is something else.
blatham

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 11:58 am
@snood,
Quote:
Damage so imperceptible and debatable that we have to wait for polling and election results to see if there is any loss of support. And the support of their base is the only damage they would care about.
Actually, there has been a lot of polling since Jan 6. See HERE. And it isn't just their base which they care about.

I think we have to acknowledge that the advent of a separate information universe designed to capture GOP-tending audiences (and quite successful at their disinformation project) along with other cultural/geographic realities means that no sudden, violent shake-up in the electorate is going to take place. And even if it were happening, how would we know?
snood

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 12:29 pm
@blatham,
Help me out here - seems like a mixed message. You cite polls saying the GOP electorate is fleeing since 1/6. Then you make the point that we’d have no way of knowing if there was a significant shake up.

blatham

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 01:00 pm
@snood,
"Significant" is the odd word here. What, for you or for I, would be a significant change? For me, it would be a steady erosion of GOP-inclined voters such that their power at federal and state levels continues to diminish. But we can't really know that until a number or election cycles are completed. And it won't happen quickly, only until they suffer a significant series of wounds to their reputation it seems to me.
NSFW (view)
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 02:24 pm
I consider this the acts of traitors and I would love to see all dealt with accordingly, from Trump on down.
snood

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 02:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Me too neither Alfalfa
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 02:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
If Republican politicians ever get to the point where they see loyalty to Trump to be a liability...they will line up to denounce him as the piece of scum he is. And each will try to outdo the others by heaping more scorn on him...each trying to one-up the other.

Hi Frank. For me, that shift would not be adequate though it seems a necessary step. I would wish to see a much broader awareness that the modern GOP is deeply corrupt and that its' ideology is exceedingly dangerous to citizens' well being.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 07:37 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Strange. Yours is the screen name that keeps coming up when people talk about toxicity.

Progressives hate anyone who posts facts and logic.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 07:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
I would appreciate it if you would stop lying about me.

Everything that I say is true.

MontereyJack wrote:
I have repeatedly pointed out your wrongs and told you why they're wrong.

No you haven't. All you've done is point to truthful statements of mine and falsely claim that they are wrong.

Every time that you do this, I am quick to counter and establish that what I say is entirely true.

MontereyJack wrote:
Just a few. No sadistic Glee.

If there were any other motivation for outlawing pistol grips, you could provide that alternative motivation.

The fact that neither you nor anyone else can provide a different motivation for trying to outlaw pistol grips is sound evidence that the only motivation is that progressives actually enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

So this is an example of me being entirely correct and you being the one who is wrong.

MontereyJack wrote:
Not about pistol grips but about weapons.

This is a silly word game on your part.

"Outlawing guns whenever they have a pistol grip on them" and "outlawing pistol grips on those guns" is saying the same thing with different words.

This is another example of me being entirely correct and you being the one who is wrong.

MontereyJack wrote:
BLM do not want to kill police and they are not thugs.

Their call to harshly punish police for justifiably defending themselves says otherwise.

This is another example of me being entirely correct and you being the one who is wrong.

MontereyJack wrote:
Progressives are not giving license to black people to rape and murder whites

Progressive support for BLM says otherwise.

MontereyJack wrote:
and its racist of you to think blacks will do it.

No it isn't. There are plenty of criminals who are also black.

MontereyJack wrote:
Christ cooper was no thug but law abiding

That is incorrect. People who take the law into their own hands and menace strangers in the park are not law abiding. They are thugs.

MontereyJack wrote:
and any cooer was not lynched

Yes she was. When progressives unjustly destroy the lives of innocent people, that counts as lynching.

MontereyJack wrote:
but brought her censure on herself..

Hardly. It isn't her fault that progressives think that white women should never be permitted to defend themselves from black criminals.

MontereyJack wrote:
that hardly scratches the surface of the toxicity of your posts and your lies about me.

Except, every single thing that I've said is 100% true.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 07:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Trump supporters were in fact enemies of the state.

Progressivism is Stalinism.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 07:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Just did as I've done before.

Except you didn't. You merely pointed to truthful statements and falsely said that they are untrue.

MontereyJack wrote:
Which you simply ignore

That is incorrect. Every time you do this, I am quick to counter your claim by establishing that my statement is in fact true.

MontereyJack wrote:
and repeat your nonsense.

I do not share the progressive belief that facts and logic are nonsense.
oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 07:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I consider this the acts of traitors and I would love to see all dealt with accordingly, from Trump on down.

Have I mentioned that progressivism is Stalinism?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 07:43 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

i enjoyed watching Raskin make Andrew ("normal tourist visit") Clyde squirm yesterday...

Clyde employed a time tested technique, HE YELLED, he raised his voice in mock outrage, ridiculed the question and kept avoiding providing an answer. Sometimes it works.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 11:16 pm
@hightor,
Two out of three southern Republicans want to secede from the U.S.A according to a poll? That's what Russian Today reported, innit? Don't you know that Russian Today is a government-run news outlets just like America's VOA? Trump even wanted to cut VOA's funding.

Well , Newsweek also reported this. Newsweek appears to have become a leper; no one wants to read it.

The storming of the Capital wouldn't have happened if Trump's supporter hadn't been denigrated by some liberal publications. Such liberal publications kept publishing articles designed to bow and scrape to BLM while snubbing the Republican Party. That antagonised some waspish conservative voters.

I wouldn't call it journalism; it's called propaganda in North Korea. A TV production produced by its official TV channel even claims that most American voters, who don't even have houses to live, have to scrape by on government handouts. To buttress the point, it shows a picture featuring a Western vagabond wandering around the streets.
goldberg

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 11:32 pm
To my knowledge,BLM supporters and members of Antifa went on the rampage first. They took to the streets and occupied some places just like Russia's illegal annexation of Crimea. Radical conservatives only came to blows with members of Antifa after some liberal journalists tried to instigate far-left liberals. That's what Time magazine did; it published an article with this provocative title "When Rioting Is the Answer ."
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 11:39 pm
@goldberg,
I enjoyed your sob story, very inventive.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 11:49 pm
@oralloy,
Stalin wouldn't have hired such far-left liberals. Then Russia had lots of intellectuals able to speak English; most of them fled to America later on.

The Big Bang Theory has a scene in which a wiseacre feels mortified after finding that a janitor is able to solve math problems, not him. Perplexed, he asks the janitor where did he learn math.

"Kid, I taught math in Soviet Union before moving to America. I was a professor, " the janitor pipes up
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2021 06:09 am
@oralloy,
Yes, you have, and it's totally stupid, untrue, and offensive every time. It's a version of the goebbels big lie, go godwin yourself.