Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 07:24 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
you've just proved you're just trying to pass off malign opinion as truth. but we 've known that all along.

That is incorrect. "That peaceful protesters have rights in America" is fact, not opinion.

MontereyJack wrote:
on a side note, don't get too cocky, ive heard reports of delta bushwhacking the fully vaccinated.,.

I wear genuine N95 masks when I go out in public.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 07:25 pm
@oralloy,
boy, you really love being the pot that calls the kettle black, don't you. being wrong has always been your forte.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 07:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
So why can't you point out a single thing that I've ever been wrong about?

It would seem like if I was wrong as much as you pretend, you could easily find at least one example of me being wrong.

Yet you can't. All you have to offer is excuses for your failure to back up your claims.
roger

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 07:30 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Don't forget to come back.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 07:37 pm
@roger,
Meh. I would not object to the "name caller/personal attack" crowd staying away permanently.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 11:57 pm
@oralloy,
he doesn't call anyone names, you get confused when normal folks ignore you.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 11:58 pm
Did anyone watch the Insurrection Hearings today?
roger

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 12:00 am
@glitterbag,
Not me. Something new, or same old stuff?
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 12:13 am
As a longtime reader of Fortune magazine, I'm utterly rankled by its former writer Katie Benner's wickedness. Katie Benner, now is a reporter at the New York Times, tweeted that Trump supporters are"enemies of the state."

Does Katie Benner, who's supposed to be a financial journalist, have to toady to her far-left colleagues like this? How could you simply lacerate someone for having dissenting opinions in a nation that values freedom of association? Do Americans have to be conformists in order to fit in in a nation gone mad ?

I'm floored. Is this America or Russia?

I'd hate to bring this up. I still have a feeling that Fortune is going to appoint a far-left liberal black journalist as its new editor in chief. And the decision has nothing to do with her credentials; she's going to get the job simply because she's black.

If that's the case, I'd rather read Forbes. I'm not reading Fortune again until it starts acting like a financial magazine instead of another mouthpiece of progressive thinking. That goes against the original goal of Henry Luce, who's the founder of Fortune. He wanted Fortune to be a global leader in financial journalism.
oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 01:52 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
he doesn't call anyone names,

But he does rely on personal attacks.

I suppose that's all he is capable of, but still. His presence is pretty toxic. I won't miss him.

glitterbag wrote:
you get confused when normal folks ignore you.

Not really. I am naturally immune to confusion.

And I take no notice of most normal people unless they address me.
hightor

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 03:48 am
@goldberg,
An "enemy of the state" refers to someone who wishes to overturn the established civil order of the country through treachery and violence, which is exactly what Trump wants his supporters to do. Have you watched the hearings? Do you even know what happened on Jan. 6? Do you know that two out of three southern Republicans want to secede from the U.S.A. according to a recent poll? Don't be surprised when someone pins the tail on the donkey.

Quote:
Is this America or Russia?

Neither, it's just the U.S.A. going through one of its periodic bouts of schizophrenia.

Quote:
He wanted Fortune to be a global leader in financial journalism.

Not journalism — capitalist boosterism.
blatham

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 06:43 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Did anyone watch the Insurrection Hearings today?

Yes. Both Republicans comported themselves as one would have hoped, as did the Dem members. The police officers were moving and eloquent. It seemed to me that the first goal was to counter the disinformation campaign coming from the GOP and right wing media through testimony given and through the video footage chosen. I don't know what I might have done to improve on any of this.

From here on out, this will continue to be a battle to inform on the one hand and to misinform and minimize on the other. GOP politicos are mostly claiming that they didn't watch the hearing ("we were busy" or "it's propaganda") in a predictable attempt to convince their base to look away. Having failed to stop the hearings and having also failed to insert distractive voices (Jordan and Banks) that's all they can do now.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 06:54 am
@blatham,

i enjoyed watching Raskin make Andrew ("normal tourist visit") Clyde squirm yesterday...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 07:02 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Quote:
He wanted Fortune to be a global leader in financial journalism.
Not journalism — capitalist boosterism.
Financial journalism courses are taken as a degree, at Honours or Masters level.
I don't think that Fortune founded an university or college.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 07:04 am
@Region Philbis,
I didn’t really see much squirming. Raskin tried, but that bastard Clyde must’ve been feeling pretty empowered to be petulant and deceptive, because he didn’t budge from his slimy stance.
The republicans don’t bother with petty obligations to make sense or be consistent. They have drawn a line with them and Trump on one side, and everyone else on the other - truth be damned.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 07:55 am
@oralloy,
Strange. Yours is the screen name that keeps coming up when people talk about toxicity.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 08:09 am
@oralloy,
I would appreciate it if you would stop lying about me. I have repeatedly pointed outyour wrongs and told you why they're wrong. Just a few. No sadistic Glee. Not about pistol grips but about weapons. BLM do not want to kill police and they are not thugs. Progressives are not giving license to black people to rape and murder whites and its racist of you to think blacks will do it. Christ cooper was no thug but law abiding and any cooer was not lynched but brought her censure on herself.. that hardly scratches the surface of the toxicity of your posts and your lies about me.
Your
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 08:27 am
@goldberg,
Trump supporters were in fact enemies of the state. That is what 1/6. Was all about, trying to commit a coup defeat to get a losing corrupt power hungry would've autocrat unconstitutionally declared president. He instigated it and was elated by their assault on the state. Calling that freedom if association is nutty.
blatham

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 08:28 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
i enjoyed watching Raskin make Andrew ("normal tourist visit") Clyde squirm yesterday...
Didn't see that. Had to look up the delightful exchange. Raskin is a smart cookie.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 08:30 am
@oralloy,
Just did as I've done before. Which you simply ignore and repeat your nonsense.