Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Glennn

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2021 05:55 pm
@mommabear,
Doesn't surprise me. I mean, they've tried free ice cream, free burgers, and free joints. So now I guess there's no other way to get the people who don't care for ice cream, burgers, and weed.
mommabear

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2021 11:27 pm
Kamala Harris as an office manager...

https://www.youtu.be/tioznKJVs_M
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 03:11 am
@mommabear,
Quote:
Not when civil rights issues are involved.

Ever hear of "Terms of Service"? Do you understand Section 230, which exempts internet firms from liability for what is posted on their networks and also allows them to remove postings that violate their standards? Do you realize that the media companies aren't owned or run by the government? This is nothing more than a fund-raising stunt. The MAGAtards have been duped once again.

Quote:
They say Slojo and Kamala are gonna come knocking on doors in Oklahoma and Texas begging people to get vaccinated. Anybody know anything about that?

Yeah, sure. No one is saying this...it's patently stupid.
Builder

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 03:15 am
A meme doing the rounds on social media;

The people who called Trump a Nazi, are now
implementing a door-to-door eugenics program
less than six months after taking office.
Let that sink in
oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 03:31 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
Doesn't surprise me. I mean, they've tried free ice cream, free burgers, and free joints. So now I guess there's no other way to get the people who don't care for ice cream, burgers, and weed.

Michigan is doing a lottery for people who’ve been vaccinated.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2021/07/michigan-reaches-1m-sign-ups-for-vaccine-lottery-pulls-first-winner.html
oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 03:56 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
The MAGAtards have been duped once again.

I wish progressives were capable of something more than childish name-calling.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 04:04 am
@Builder,
More than 300,000 people were killed in psychiatric hospitals in Germany and Austria, occupied Poland and the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia during the Nazi's Aktion T4.

Someone who compares this with vaccinations in our free society ...
Builder

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 04:07 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Michigan is doing a lottery for people who’ve been vaccinated.

It's been suggested in the media here that those who choose to take part in the trial of these untested jabs should be granted privileges.

Along with "lockdown" these are the same words used to describe how inmates are treated by prison guards.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 04:10 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Someone who compares this with vaccinations in our free society ...

Firstly, these jabs are not vaccinations per se. They are a trial of a new tech by pharmaceutical orgs, most of whom have been prosecuted for fraudulent activities, if not outright lying about their products.

Secondly; I shared a meme that wasn't of my creation, Walter.

Thirdly, the Pfizer jab has been largely ineffective against the delta strain in Israel, where the public is approaching 100% fully jabbed.
hightor

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 04:19 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I wish progressives were capable of something more than childish name-calling.

Why? You regularly lump people together as "evil" and call them "progressives"! Laughing
hightor

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 04:28 am
@Builder,
Quote:
I shared a meme that wasn't of my creation...

Why? Just to show us the sorts of stupid memes one can find on the internet? You hardly have to post other people's memes; your posts alone demonstrate a similar level of ignorance and bias on a regular basis.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 04:38 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Why?

I just prefer intelligent discussion.

hightor wrote:
You regularly lump people together as "evil" and call them "progressives"! Laughing

I dislike atrocities even more than I dislike childish name-calling.

If progressives do not want to be condemned then they should stop committing atrocities.
snood

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 06:15 am
This thread is supposed to be about Biden and contemporary events, so apologies for posting this here.
I didn’t want to try to start a whole thread, but I just thought it was a positive little tidbit that was deserving of notice.

Former President Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalyn celebrated their SEVENTY-FIFTH wedding anniversary on Wednesday 7/7.

I saw a part of them being interviewed and they were of course asked what their secret is. Rosalyn said “We’re always looking for things we can do together.”

I think those two are really something. This world will be diminished by their passing.
oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 06:23 am
@snood,
Mr. Carter is a neonazi who hates Israel. I certainly won’t miss him when he goes.

That said, don’t worry about the thread. This is the perfect place for something like this.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 06:33 am
@oralloy,
godwin's law yourself.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 06:36 am
@oralloy,
if you prefer "intelligent discussion", that ain't it.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 06:45 am
@Builder,
builder persists in his reputation for posting nutballery.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 06:56 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
godwin's law yourself.

There is an exception to Godwin’s Law when the person who you are denouncing is falsely accusing Israel of committing fictitious atrocities.
oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 06:57 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
if you prefer "intelligent discussion", that ain't it.

Thus my dissatisfaction.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 07:12 am
@snood,
Best ex-president ever!