Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 06:08 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
Biden Announces Bipartisan Deal On Infrastructure

Mr. Biden is already reneging on the deal though, just like Mr. Obama did when the Republicans struck a deal with him.

I suppose it's possible that he's lying about reneging, to placate progressive nutcases who don't want him to compromise.

Time will tell.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 07:55 pm
@oralloy,
Not reneging at all. as usual you've got it wrong. he made it clear from the start that there would be two nefgotiations. If the GOPers wouldn''t got for the expanded sensible definition thew Dems made of infratructure, therew ould be a deal with the traditional infrastruct subjectrs and another potential deal which could be ppassed thru reconciliation (which as i remember silly hyou thought could only be used once per year, oh how wrong). simply doing what he told us he'd dpo. go, joe, you've got this.
BillW

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 07:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
.......and, the Dems in the HofR will not let the one bill the Reps want pass until the other one passes 1st.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 08:37 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Not reneging at all.

As usual you are the only person who is wrong. You should be used to it by now though, since you've never been right even once in your life. I mean, even a broken clock is right more often than you are.

In bipartisan compromise both sides give a little and meet in the middle.

What Mr. Biden proposes is, after passing a bill where the both sides give a little and meet in the middle, the Democrats pass a second bill where the compromise is undone and the Democrats get everything they want.

That's not how bipartisan compromise works.

If the Democrats are serious about doing this, the Republicans need to block the bipartisan bill and force the Democrats to do the whole thing through reconciliation.

MontereyJack wrote:
reconciliation (which as i remember silly you thought could only be used once per year, oh how wrong).

Those are the rules. It remains to be seen if the Democrats will actually break them or not. I know progressives have no respect for rules, but the Democrats may be wise enough to reject progressivism.

If the Democrats do break the rules, then so will the Republicans once they have control.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 08:39 pm
The Guardian, which is a liberal newspaper in the UK , proclaimed back to 2o12 that "in principle, the Falkland Islands belong to Argentina ."

I'd say it would be ghastly for a liberal. newspaper to repudiate Britain's ownership of the Falklands. It's just like the Times claiming that Russia still owns Alaska.

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 08:45 pm
@goldberg,
A person should never listen to progressives. The Falkland Islands belong to the UK.
goldberg

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 08:50 pm
I know some far-left liberals would snivel at the so-called Western imperialism. Yet it's a matter of sovereignty. That's why the Tories sent troops to Falkland Islands to repel Argentina's invasion.

The thinking goes, the West Bank and Gaza Strip all belong to Israel. Some far-left liberals should not take fright at the suggestion that it's acceptable for a nation to protect its own citizens even at the expense of Palestine. We don't need more Muslim bounders or backsliders mooching off Western nations.

Remember that black man who killed a Chinese girl? His name is Shadeed. He's also Muslim even he's American, I think.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 08:51 pm
@oralloy,
You bet.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 09:01 pm
Having said that, I'm still a fan of Messi. His soccer skills are off-the-charts. Plus, I'd like to find Germany winning the UEFA European Championship. If not, then I have no choice but to support Britain. I'm no fan of Ronaldo and other French footballers.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 09:09 am

Justice Dept to sue Georgia over voting restrictions
(cnn)
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 10:02 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Justice Dept to sue Georgia over voting restrictions
(cnn)

No matter how any initial court rules...this will go to the SCOTUS.

I hope it does. My feelings are that the SCOTUS either will deny the appeal...or rule in favor of the DOJ.

Yeah, the court has been packed by the Republicans...but for the most part, the Justices will act reasonably...and in the interests of the people.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 11:30 am
Fox News polling shows majority approval for Biden — not that you’ll hear about it much on Fox News
RABEL222

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 01:24 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Good post. I can't figure out why anyone would listen to the Trump living station of america.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 01:26 pm
@RABEL222,
lie not live.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 01:43 pm
I think FOX has made an editorial decision to stay with coverage of the Zulus hacking white Americans to bloody bits with machetes.
snood

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 02:01 pm
@blatham,
Terrible, what those Zulus do.
I hear they are strongly affiliated with BLM.
blatham

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 03:32 pm
@snood,
The affiliation is indeed strong. But the expert observer will notice differences in footwear.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 03:34 pm
I oppose indoctrination, which is why I want schools to prove they are thinking acceptable things
glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 11:11 pm
@blatham,
Oh dear God, at least the Republicans can rest assured the Chinese won't be looking for their DNA.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 11:31 pm
Cotton has always been one of the really scary Repukes - truly scary!
0 Replies