Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 11:01 pm
@goldberg,
and you haven't stopped making idiotic posts since.
Below viewing threshold (view)
snood

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 04:03 am
@goldberg,
So are you still pretending to be a black man, or have you lost interest in perpetrating that particular fraud?
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 08:31 am
Retail workers are quitting at record rates for higher-paying work: ‘My life isn’t worth a dead-end job’

Quote:
Retail workers, drained from the pandemic and empowered by a strengthening job market, are leaving jobs like never before. Some are finding less-stressful positions at insurance agencies, marijuana dispensaries, banks and local governments, where their customer service skills are rewarded with higher wages and better benefits. Others are going back to school to learn new trades, or waiting until they are able to secure reliable child care.

As Americans ditch their jobs at record rates, retail is leading the way with the largest increase in resignations of any sector. Some 649,000 retail workers put in their notice in April, the industry’s largest one-month exodus since the Labor Department began tracking such data more than 20 years ago. Overall, nearly 3 percent of the U.S. workforce — or roughly 4 million workers — quit in April.
-----
With much of the country easing pandemic-era restrictions, service establishments like restaurants, gyms and salons are offering better pay and benefits to rebuild the staffs that got gutted during the crisis. Sectors like real estate, professional services, banking and insurance are also hiring — often at higher wages than retail, where median hourly pay for store employees hovers around $13 — in anticipation of renewed demand, according to Julia Pollak, a labor economist for the site ZipRecruiter.

“In a tight labor market, we often see big shifts among workers with low earnings,” she said. “If you’re making $12 an hour and there’s a job down the street offering $12.50, why not jump? There’s no reason not to — which is what’s happening now.”

“Hiring now” signs are cropping up on storefronts big and small as retailers scramble to fill openings. Many have raised wages or benefits to keep up. Target, Best Buy, Under Armour and Kay Jewelers all recently increased starting minimums to $15 an hour, while Amazon is offering sign-on bonuses as high as $1,000 to new employees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/06/21/retail-workers-quitting-jobs/

0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 09:11 am
@snood,
You should be asking your black bro Shadeed this question. American websites haven't covered the killing of a Chinese girl by this black man. Tell me why? BLM supporters don't want people finding out that he is black, I suppose.
goldberg

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 09:20 am
Where's CNN? Where's the Times? Where's Newsweak? Where's Joy Reid? Where's Oprah Winfrey? Are they both on vacation in Ghana?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 09:33 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

You should be asking your black bro Shadeed this question. American websites haven't covered the killing of a Chinese girl by this black man. Tell me why? BLM supporters don't want people finding out that he is black, I suppose.

I’m asking you, you blowhard phoney. Are you still pretending to be black, or would answering that interrupt your bullshit stream?
goldberg

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 09:40 am
The victim was an outstanding student. She wanted to find a well-paid job after graduation. She wanted to go to another big Chinese city like Shanghai. She wanted to give her family members a better life.

By contrast, the black killer Shadeed was just a hoodlum before landing a teaching job at a Chinese English training center in China, according to Chinese media. How could he have bagged a teaching job in China? On top of that, the victim's school didn't even sack him even after another Chinese girl reported Shadeed . Shadeed had tried to seduce her as her English teacher.

The victim wouldn't have been killed if Shadeed had been expelled .
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 09:45 am
@snood,
Don't ask me this question. Please ask your brother Shadeed. Please ask him why would he slay a sedulous student. Your bro Shadeed loves black music; the victim loved to study.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 10:09 am
In the hopes of moving away from the racial charged posts of a single murder:

Supreme Court rules against NCAA restrictions on colleges offering educational perks to compensate student-athletes
Quote:
The Supreme Court ruled unanimously Monday against the NCAA’s limits on education-related perks for college athletes, upholding a lower court’s decision that was one of the most important in the movement to increase compensation for student-athletes.

In a 9-0 vote, the court rejected the National Collegiate Athletic Association’s argument that its rules limiting such educational benefits were necessary to preserve the image of amateurism in college sports.

The organization was contesting a lower-court ruling that would allow colleges to offer greater academic-related perks to Division I football and men’s and women’s basketball players — benefits such as scholarships for graduate degrees, paid postgraduate internships, and providing computers, musical instruments and other types of equipment related to education free of charge.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2021 08:14 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Are you still pretending to be black

What the **** does the colour of your skin, or your familial heritage, have to do with anything?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 08:32 am
New book offers fresh details about chaos, conflicts inside Trump’s pandemic response

Quote:
In the early days of the coronavirus pandemic, as White House officials debated whether to bring infected Americans home for care, President Donald Trump suggested his own plan for where to send them, eager to suppress the numbers on U.S. soil.

“Don’t we have an island that we own?” the president reportedly asked those assembled in the Situation Room in February 2020, before the U.S. outbreak would explode. “What about Guantánamo?”

“We import goods,” Trump specified, lecturing his staff. “We are not going to import a virus.”

Aides were stunned, and when Trump brought it up a second time, they quickly scuttled the idea, worried about a backlash over quarantining American tourists on the same Caribbean base where the United States holds terrorism suspects.
-----
The book — which draws on interviews with more than 180 people, including multiple White House senior staff members and government health leaders — offers new insights into last year’s chaotic and often-bungled response, portraying the power struggles over the leadership of the White House coronavirus task force, the unrelenting feuds that hampered cooperation and the enormous efforts made to prevent Trump from acting on his worst instincts. The Post obtained a copy of the book ahead of its June 29 publication.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/06/21/abutaleb-paletta-book-nightmare-scenario-trump-covid/

Turns out the Trump administration's handling of the pandemic could have been far worse.
snood

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 09:23 am
@Rebelofnj,
Do you mean it could have been worse, meaning it was not as bad as we thought?
Or do you mean it could have been worse than what we thought before this book?
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 09:34 am
@snood,
I mean, the government response was still bad and ineffective, but apparently there was room to make things worse.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 01:25 pm
@snood,
Maybe he is saying his aides were able to stop some of trump's most
WaCkadoodle ideas.
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 03:10 pm
https://comicallyincorrect.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/07-elec-steal-bill-dt-1080-1050x750.jpg
snood

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 03:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
I don’t know... maybe it’s me, but I just don’t see any utility in taking the time to point out that the foulest, most incompetent ****-up of a “president” that ever stunk up the White House and so fouled-up the federal response to a pandemic that it cost hundreds of thousands of lives “could’ve done worse”.

I heard people saying during that whole four years “man it’s a good thing there are some adults on the White House staff or things could really be bad”.

Just seems like a really badly twisted attempt at spinning things to seem “glass half full”.

What’s the point? Trump was, and continues to be, a national disgrace, tragedy and disaster.
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 03:38 pm
@snood,
There are treatments for TDS you know.

Electroshock therapy is said to work particularly well with severe cases.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 05:27 pm
@snood,
Quote:
.....and continues to be, a national disgrace, tragedy and disaster.

What's your "take" on the dementia patient, and his child molesting habits? Creepy Joe doesn't even know what day of the week it is, or what the names of his "handlers" are.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 07:21 pm
@Builder,
biden is sane. trump isn't. deal with it, and stop the qanon ****. when you retail q's conspiracy theories, it doesn't bode well for your sanity either.