6 yrs ago I was introduced to the scary pills. The size was petrifying! Then I got curious and wanted to find out how long it would take to dissolve.
In water, likely a millennium or three. After that I refused to take them. As was recently pointed out for me, water is not the same as stomach area fluids. Similar to the old experiment of a slice of bologna in a glass of soda against a glass of water. Dissolved in soda, in water it just sank and went bad.
(if memory serves it was meant to educate children about how too much soda could eat a hole in the stomach. 5, 7, 10 and 12 year olds were mentally susceptible to adult 'wisdom'. Many also believed the tale of a man going to the hospital for stomach pain and a surgeon finding a huge ball of chewed and swallowed fingernails in there as the culprit)
Was wondering what about the going too far in K supplement. Good to know. Of course, this means the 4 pots of coffee each day, might not be so wise for potassium replenishment.
In the hospital I was given a powder which was past vile. Supposedly orange flavor, it was clearly not. However it brought the numbers back up some.
BP prior was running consistently along the upper 100s over the low to mid-100s. Now getting low 100s over mid-60s to low 70s. Relief. Swelling gone in the lower legs and feet as well.
I'll contact you as/if/when questions arise. Such things as how many potato skins constitute a danger zone and are red or purple safer than gold or white...