Camera For Use With Zoom

gollum

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 06:50 pm
I purchased a camera that I can connect to my PC monitor to enable my Zoom group to view me.

How do I attach the camera to the monitor?

I see the long cylinder that I believe should be parallel with the top edge of the monitor.

I see that roughtly in the middle of the cylinder is the eye of the camera that should face toward me.

However, I don't see anything that fits into the top of the PC monitor so also secure it.

Does anyone know how?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 481 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Seizan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 07:11 pm
@gollum,
I think the camera attaches to your PC, which processes the video signal. Then your PC attaches to the monitor via a USB cable or HDMI cable.

Try this -- Google "Attach video camera to PC monitor". I instantly came up with over 1 million results.
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 08:40 pm
@Seizan,
I think he is trying to mount the camera on the monitor.
Seizan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 09:54 pm
@oralloy,
I think so too. But the camera signal has to go through the PC before it goes to the monitor, I think.

There are some monitors that simply accept a camera (they have RCA input jacks) but those are rather old and I don't think he has that sort of camera.

Maybe a CCTV does that, but to use it with Zoom it would still have to go through the PC to get the Zoom program to accept the camera and sound input, etc. to use it in a meeting. That's in the PC, not the monitor.
0 Replies

Seizan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 09:55 pm
@gollum,
What do the instructions say? The ones that came with the camera?
0 Replies