What should I do with my printer ink since I can't use my printer?

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 10:31 pm
Hi. I have an Epson all-in-one WF-2540 inkjet printer which I can't use. It is out of warranty, and Epson told me I should either take it to a nearby Epson service center to get it fixed, or by a new printer. My nearest local computer shop told me it would cost more to get it fixed than to buy a new machine.

I tried fixing my printer on my own, and I called Epson for troubleshooting help. I still wasn't able to fix my printer.

Anyway, I have Epson ink cartridges that I can't use since my machine is not working. What should I do with the cartridges? I was thinking about asking asking my neighbors if they want them, and/or asking them what I should do with the cartridges.

I want to call my nearest local comp shop and ask what I should with them, and call Epson and ask what I should do with them.

I was thinking about selling them. Are Epson WF-2540 ink cartridges compatible with ALL Epson printers? Maybe I should save them for a new printer.

Please help. Thank you.

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 11:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Hi. I have an Epson all-in-one WF-2540 inkjet printer which I can't use. It is out of warranty, and Epson told me I should either take it to a nearby Epson service center to get it fixed, or buy a new printer. My nearest local computer shop told me it would cost more to get it fixed than to buy a new machine.

I tried fixing my printer on my own, and I called Epson for troubleshooting help. I still wasn't able to fix my printer.

Anyway, I have Epson ink cartridges that I can't use since my machine is not working. What should I do with the cartridges? I was thinking about asking asking my neighbors if they want them, and/or asking them what I should do with the cartridges.

I want to call my nearest local comp shop and ask what I should with them, and call Epson and ask what I should do with them.

I was thinking about selling them. Are Epson WF-2540 ink cartridges compatible with ALL Epson printers? Maybe I should save them for a new printer.

Please help. Thank you.

-FIXED.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 12:09 am
Mr. Goldman,

If your hardest decision in your life right now is how to dispose of of unwanted printer ink, then your understanding of real world problems escapes your attention.

Please, do yourself, and by extension, us, a big favor by making a command decision that does not involve starting a new thread with trivial bullshit.

Sell, donate, or throw it out. Your choice.

But for the Love of God, stop thinking this is something you really need guidance on.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 12:53 am
@neptuneblue,
I'm asking for advice. Serious advice. If you don't want to help that's fine. Keep it to yourself. There's plenty of other people here who can help.

I am not ashamed to ask others for help if I need it. I don't know everything.

Give me a break- it's been over a year since I kept up with my printer.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 03:50 am
@JGoldman10,
You wrote:

Why haven't you done this? If you are planning on buying a new printer talk to someone in the shop or call Epson and see if any new models will use the old ink cartridges. If they won't fit, and the shop won't take them, ask Epson if they will accept the old ones; I know HP has a policy where you can recycle old ink cartridges.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 04:53 am
If you have cartridges that you have not even opened yet, you could sell those on eBay.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 05:16 am
JGoldman10 wrote:
Are Epson WF-2540 ink cartridges compatible with ALL Epson printers?

I'm not familiar with Epson printers, but probably not. They probably only work with specific models.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 10:16 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

If you have cartridges that you have not even opened yet, you could sell those on eBay.

Or potentially donate it to your church if the cartridges are compatible with their printer - other potential places to donate - schools, elderly homes -

We have a local virtual yardsale website so if you want to sell anything or even give away for free - you can post it there and sell to a neighbor.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 10:21 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Mr. Goldman,

If your hardest decision in your life right now is how to dispose of of unwanted printer ink, then your understanding of real world problems escapes your attention.

Lots of people post things like this for suggestions- It has nothing to do with if this is the hardest decision to make - we all have day to day situations that are not earth shattering or a "real world" problem but might want to reach out for advice or suggestions on perhaps something they have not thought of.

I think you are just making this comment because it is goldman. Had it been almost anyone else - you probably would not have answered in this way.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 10:21 am
@hightor,
I am going to call Epson and my nearest local comp shop and see what they say. I need to call Epson anyway.

I haven't called either because I have been busy with other things.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 10:23 am
@Linkat,
Thank you. I thought Nep's post was condescending, patronizing and a bit uncalled for. I reported Nep's post.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 10:33 am
@JGoldman10,
My lone feeling is now shattered.

I'll pray for you to turn to the path of kindness and retract your hurtful statement.
0 Replies