About Epson printers

Sat 30 Jan, 2021 01:46 am
Hi. I am in the market for a new printer, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on a new one. My nearest local comp shop told me it would cost more money to fix the printer I have fixed than to get a new one, when I asked them if they could fix the one I have. I have an Epson WF-2540 all-in-one inkjet printer. I called Epson and they basically confirmed what the people at the comp shop said - they said getting it fixed at the nearest Epson service center would cost almost the same as a new printer.

I asked Epson if they would suggest getting it serviced at the nearest Epson service center or buying a new one. They responded with the previous statement and suggested I get a new one.

I know for a fact laser printers are better than inkjet printers. There's a lot less problems keeping up with an maintaining a laser printer. It was too much of a hassle keeping up with the inkjet printer I had in my experience.

I asked Epson what printer they would suggest getting; I asked specifically what laser printer should I get. I misunderstood what the rep said to me on the phone; I think she said I should get the following:

https://epson.com/Clearance-Center/All-in-One-Printers/WorkForce-ET-4750-EcoTank-All-in-One-Supertank-Printer/p/C11CG19201

I have to call Epson customer service and ask them again when they are open.

I asked if this printer is a laser one. I didn't understand what the rep said.

ARE Epson supertank printers laser printers? The link I posted doesn't say it's a laser printer.

I know HP makes laser tank printers:

https://www.officesupply.com/technology/printers-multifunction-printing-supplies/multifunction/multifunction-machines/neverstop-1202w-wireless-laser-monochrome-refillable-tank-printer/p987539.html?ref=pla&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp987539&sc_intid=987539&gclid=CjwKCAiAgc-ABhA7EiwAjev-jyjLaeExa36jRBmSWtPMvO3VrFdJ6i8oPy2ozSiLTX4VEh9FyGr_NhoCETcQAvD_BwE

According to this:

https://epson.com/ecotank-ink-tank-printers?utm_source=5560224&utm_medium=sm&utm_campaign=25160495&utm_content=144076707&utm_adgroup=485695832&dclid=&gclid=CjwKCAiAgc-ABhA7EiwAjev-j00QzKIbeo4huTHdF-kKkSV1dOhe7V5oj-nXYWBGiwDHYakn6c68kxoCt1oQAvD_BwE

there are many advantages to owning and using an Epson Ecotank supertank printer.

Epson doesn't make the model I have anymore. I am better of getting a newer model; the hardware is more up-to-date.

I don't want to spend more than $100 for a new printer. The most I am willing to spend is $200. I want to get one cheap off of Ebay or from some other online retailer that sells cheap printers.

Please help. Thank you.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,974 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

Sturgis

Sat 30 Jan, 2021 03:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
To determine which printer (inkjet or laser) would best suit your needs, it will help to know what you plan to use it for and if there are extra features which you require (or simply want).
0 Replies