NRA is champing at the bit to start shooting up schools

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 08:20 am
Does "NRA is champing at the bit to start shooting up schools" mean "NRA (national rifle association) is eager to start attacking/shooting at schools"?

izzythepush wrote:

All that’s important is that Trump undermines trust in the American Democratic process. That is the primary mission Putin tasked him to do.

His supporters are stupid enough to believe Q anon nonsense so they’ll believe anything Trump says.

And the paedophile NRA is champing at the bit to start shooting up schools.

Source: monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,117 • Replies: 20

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
InfraBlue
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 02:41 pm
@oristarA,
Yes.
oristarA

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 07:38 pm
@InfraBlue,
Thank you.
Is izzy's idea that gun control is necessary for a democratic America (NRA is wrong)?
oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 08:57 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
Is izzy's idea that gun control is necessary for a democratic America (NRA is wrong)?

With the possible exception of Switzerland, Europeans are serfs who live without freedom.

They claim that they are happy with their lack of freedom.

However they always seem pretty bitter and unhappy about the fact that Americans are free.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 09:20 pm
@oristarA,
According to your quote, gun control isn't necessary for a democratic America. The NRA champing at the bit to start shooting up schools would be a result of Trump's undermining of trust in the American Democratic process.
oristarA

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 10:53 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

According to your quote, gun control isn't necessary for a democratic America. The NRA champing at the bit to start shooting up schools would be a result of Trump's undermining of trust in the American Democratic process.

In that case, why doesn't NRA want to shoot street thugs who commit looting and setting fires? Shooting up schools sounds odd to me.
oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 10:57 pm
@oristarA,
What Europeans say about the NRA seldom has anything to do with reality.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 06:33 am
@oristarA,
The NRA is an organisation of spineless worms who need to kill children in order to feel big about themselves.

I live in a free society where the majority opinion is respected, that’s why we don’t allow armed groups of paedophiles to butcher our children.

Oralloy is typical of the sort of creature that makes up the NRA rank and file. He has openly fantasised about killing children and urinating on their bodies.

In any sane country he would be locked up in a secure mental health facility.
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 06:55 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The NRA is an organisation of spineless worms

That's a lie.

izzythepush wrote:
who need to kill children in order to feel big about themselves.

That's a lie.

izzythepush wrote:
I live in a free society

Wrong. Free people have the right to have guns that are powerful enough to be suitable for self defense.

People in the UK have no right to have guns of any sort.

izzythepush wrote:
paedophiles to butcher our children.

This mischaracterization of the NRA's behavior is a lie.

izzythepush wrote:
He has openly fantasised about killing children and urinating on their bodies.

That's a lie.

izzythepush wrote:
In any sane country he would be locked up in a secure mental health facility.

European serfs frequently equate lack of freedom with sanity.
0 Replies

ander111

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 01:52 am
@oristarA,
oristarA > Does "NRA is champing at the bit to start shooting up schools" mean "NRA (national rifle association) is eager to start attacking/shooting at schools"?

Posh. The NRA doesn't want to harm kids; they're mostly just frightened people who think they need guns to defend themselves. (Although why anyone would think they needed an assault weapon to do that is beyond me... They must consider themselves very bad shots indeed!)

It sounds deliberately inflammatory. I'd avoid reading that sort of thing entirely. It doesn't help anyone. If we want to get a handle on the crazy over-arming of America, we must stop vilifying each other and seek ways to understand and cooperate with each other. Now that we'll finally have a president who knows how to team-build, respect other opinions, and seek consensus—rather than seeking to antagonize and alienate as many people as possible—we'll have a much better chance of making progress in that direction, and many others. Cheers!
roger

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 01:56 am
@ander111,
ander111 wrote:

If we want to get a handle on the crazy over-arming of America, we must stop vilifying each other and seek ways to understand and cooperate with each other.

No, what you need to do is get the other guy to understand and cooperate.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2020 10:11 am
@ander111,
ander111 wrote:
The NRA doesn't want to harm kids;

True.

ander111 wrote:
they're mostly just frightened people who think they need guns to defend themselves.

Untrue. They merely choose to be prepared.

ander111 wrote:
Although why anyone would think they needed an assault weapon to do that is beyond me... They must consider themselves very bad shots indeed!

Democrats lie and refer to ordinary guns as assault weapons, but that doesn't mean that people who use guns think that they are bad shots.

I doubt that you will find many people who advocate using an actual assault weapon for self defense.

ander111 wrote:
If we want to get a handle on the crazy over-arming of America, we must stop vilifying each other and seek ways to understand and cooperate with each other.

America is not overarmed, so there is nothing to get a handle on.

Less vilification would be nice.

However....

ander111 wrote:
Now that we'll finally have a president who knows how to team-build, respect other opinions, and seek consensus--rather than seeking to antagonize and alienate as many people as possible--we'll have a much better chance of making progress in that direction, and many others. Cheers!

That is not even remotely the sort of president that has just been elected.

And even if he had been such a person, after the way the Democrats treated Mr. Trump for the past four years, the Republicans are in no mood to make nice.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2020 06:53 pm
I wish I could get an assault rifle.
roger

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2020 07:30 pm
@McGentrix,
Just out of curiosity, why?
oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2020 09:07 pm
@roger,
It would be fun to shoot tin cans in the back yard on full auto.

Although, keeping a full auto fueled with ammo would be expensive.
roger

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2020 09:25 pm
@oralloy,
You only think about the ammo after you get the gun.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2020 03:35 am
@ander111,
ander111 wrote:

It sounds deliberately inflammatory.

You may wish to revise that statement in view of the above comments by NRA nonces.

Talk for yourself, what we need to do over here is get these child murdering scumbags out of our country. We need to shut down the military bases including those in Diego Garcia and put the evil bitch who murdered Harry Dunn on trial.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2020 05:46 pm
@roger,
It would be fun to own a couple if for no other reason than to just own one. I would like a couple different calibers though.
roger

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2020 06:39 pm
@McGentrix,
Yeah, I can see that. For myself, my interest almost totally begins and ends with handguns. If I could afford it, I would add a 1911 in .45ACP. Just because.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2020 06:48 pm
@roger,
I would really love an HK433, an A.C.R. and a Sig MPX.

The A.C.R. is a really interesting rifle.
0 Replies