Does my bf really love me and will he be back ?

DNR

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 09:00 pm
My Boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me and says he still loves me but, he needs time to process his thoughts. I asked him if he see's us getting back together and he said yes but, I'm just not sure he is just saying that to make me feel better? We're in a Long Distance Relationship and I never got to meet him in person but, we always skype and facetime. We met on a game and I couldn't go see him because I had surgery on my foot. I never thought I would meet the love of my life online. He is my best friend and the only one that knows and understands me but, also I lied to him about my age and then I said I had no kids because their age would of been way off from the age I told him. I apologized for lying to him just in the game ppl were saying their age and so I said close to them because when ppl see me I look mid 20's but, in Real I am 45 and my Bf is 26 he said age isn't a problem but he wants to grow old with me and I am still giving him space but, then his friends talked him in to going out with a girl there not even a week after we broke up I asked him if he loved her he said no he didn't know her and felt forced so he said he'd go out with her.. Then he told me He loves me and to get my moon mail. Which is a thing we say about being under the same moon. He lives in another Country and I was going to go see him this year but, with covid I couldn't.. They party alot and he wants someone with him now so they set him up with her and he sounded so sad on the phone to me. Said everyone forced him to go out with her and he still needs time to process his thoughts.. He hasn't did anything with her or told her he loves her or anything it's his sister's friend. Do you think he does still love me and will get back with me? I asked him how much time he needed and he said he dunno he just needs to process his thoughts. I just dunno how he can process anything being in a new relationship it really hurts so bad. I dunno what to do please I want him back. I love him so much. Do you think he will forgive me for lying and get back with me like he says or is he just saying that to to let me down easy? He did text me Happy Birthday 3 days ago and I just messaged him today still no reply. But I was going to delete everything and he said don't delete everything I just need time. I have so many Questions I am just so confused and I dunno what to do. I know it was wrong to lie but, we were to far in the relationship and he never asked my age it was his friends on the game that asked me and he just over heard it. I did it cuz I didn't wanna lose him I fell in love with him. Please any advice will deffo help me. I am so sad I want my love and best friend back. Is she just a rebound?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,082 • Replies: 6

maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 12:01 pm
@DNR,
I can't imagine he will be back. The age thing is a big deal. The lying is a big deal. The fact you have kids is a big deal.

Plus is it a distance relationship, and you never met in person. Let's just be honest, you never had a real relationship with him. In my opinion you should leave this thing behind.

He doesn't seem that broken up (if I found out you had been lying, I would have blocked you). It is possible that he never took your interactions with him too seriously in the first place. It is not smart to make an emotional commitment to someone that you have never actually met in real life.

Why not look for a real relationship that will make you happy.

0 Replies

SabrinaF

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 02:05 am
@DNR,
You have to face the reality whatsoever. You've built this relationship based on fake factors. So, I don't think it would be stronger any longer.BTW, it's better both you can have a meeting and discuss this matter openly before go to the final decision
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 09:56 am
@DNR,
Sorry to say this as you are holding out hope for a reconciliation. The primary issue is that you lied twice about who you are. Lying shows a character flaw and that is no foundation for any relationship. Lying is an act of desperation.

No matter what was said or written, neither of you is really in love as you chose not to disclose what your real life is about. He said he was forced to go out with this person. Reall?! Forced to do it?

Furthermore, your age differences means you’re both at different stages of life. While you may look younger, you’ve got an established family whereas he doesn’t. Your lies were unfair and made it unlikely that this would EVER work out.

He most likely is trying to let you down easily. You had no basis for a relationship and you never met him in person so there was only a fantasy.
Ragman

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 10:03 am
@Ragman,
Oops, I just read more details. However, this was a mutual creation fantasy over a lengthy period of time. Regardless, my advice stands as is. Find someone local to you and tell the truth. It makes life far easier.
0 Replies

Frances654

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 03:50 pm
@DNR,
I think more people may be willing to read your post if you broke it up into paragraphs.
chai2

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 07:15 pm
@Frances654,
Atta Girl Frances!

Very Happy
0 Replies