Politics and Personal Relationships

snood

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 09:57 am
@Mame,
I respect differences of opinion. So many things are, in fact, a matter of perspective.

But I draw the line at the observance of things such as “alternative facts”. Sometimes a thing simply is what it is. Donald Trump is a racist and a liar and a fraud. He is manifestly, profoundly corrupt and compromised. He neither a competent leader nor a moral human being. A person that supports Donald Trump is not just doing what they see as fiscally healthy for themselves (even though that’s what they generally say) - they are co-signing all that he is, and all the poison he brings.

I can’t just “live and let live” with that. If you can, it’s certainly your right to do so.

Everyone has to draw their own boundaries.
Mame

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 11:01 am
@snood,
I feel about Trump exactly as you do. I just don't extend it to others. Probably because I'm baffled by it. On the other hand, if they exhibited the same behaviours as 45, they'd be out of my life.

I understand what you're saying but it remains a puzzle why I don't tar them with the same brush.

And I know you respect differences of opinion, snood; I've seen many of your comments over the years.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 11:39 am
How did I miss this??? Just found it today.
0 Replies