How do I attract other Black users to my threads?

JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

It's a person's fault if they choose to act like a thug and attack cops instead of complying with them. Only lowlifes attack cops and not comply with them.

This goes for anyone in the U.S. - Black, White, Red, Brown or Yellow or whatever. American cops will attack you if you're foolish enough to oppose them.
Rebelofnj

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
What happens when a police officer gets fired? Very often another police agency hires them.

Quote:
First, during any given year, there are about 1,100 full-time law enforcement officers working in Florida who had been previously fired from other Florida agencies — that’s roughly 3 percent of all full-time law enforcement officers working in the state. Second, police officers who are fired tend to get rehired by another agency within three years. Third, officers who’ve been fired and land another job tend to move to smaller agencies with fewer resources and slightly larger communities of color. Finally, when a wandering officer gets hired by a new agency, they tend to get fired about twice as often as other officers and are more likely to receive “moral character violations,” both in general and for physical and sexual misconduct.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/16/what-happens-when-police-officer-gets-fired-very-often-another-police-agency-hires-them/

JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:47 pm
@izzythepush,
He was drugged up and not thinking straight. That's why he resisted arrest.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:49 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I said BLM is a racist, godless, cultist movement that advocated killing White police officers.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Skin color doesn't mean anything. I'm African American but my skin is fair. I have yellowish-brown skin like an Asian. Not all African Americans have "chocolate skin". African Americans have 22 skin tones. I do have other Black features like full lips and nappy hair.

Teufel, my biological mother is African American and my dad was a White Jewish man, hence why my surname is Goldman. I still identify as "Black" or "African American" in the U.S.

I'm a Christian, more importantly, and an American. I don't care what my ethnicity is.
knaivete

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:52 pm
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:54 pm
@knaivete,
Why do you keep post posting random cartoon-related stuff?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
No, you wrote "people", not "white police officers".

Also, you consider them as bad, but you still approve of their efforts for police reform?
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:55 pm
@Rebelofnj,
That's why I pray over the police.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:56 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I'm confused about BLM. Don't a lot of people see them as bad? I'm going to start a discussion thread about them.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
That's not totally locked in, yet. Their defense seems to be to be Floyd died of a drug overdose. If they don't 10 to 20 years for at least depraved indifference there is no justice. If they get found somehow not guilty - they just may end up back in uniform if not in Milwaukee, somewhere else.

If a black youth knows he could be shot just walking down the street, why would he feel compelled not to run to resist. I sure as hell would. My being white protects me from having to make that calculation.
Rebelofnj

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
General opinion of Black Lives Matter is favorable.

Quote:
The Black Lives Matter movement, which is back in the headlines amid the nationwide protests, receives wide support. Two-thirds of U.S. adults say they support the movement, with 38% saying they strongly support it. This sentiment is particularly strong among black Americans, although majorities of white (60%), Hispanic (77%) and Asian (75%) Americans express at least some support.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2020/06/12/amid-protests-majorities-across-racial-and-ethnic-groups-express-support-for-the-black-lives-matter-movement/
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I said BLM is a racist, godless, cultist movement that advocated killing White police officers.

Complete bullshit in every way possible it is a civil right movement concerning the casual killings of blacks by police.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
Cop brutality most certainly WAS an issue back then even for white kids in the right neighborhood. Back then the cops could do anything they wanted and did. There were no review boards, no repercussions for police misbehavior.

People don't remember in the 50's almost half the kids in HS did not graduate, they quit school. Having a duck-tail could get you worked over by the cops. But it was better being white than being black once the cops got interested in you. Things were not so nice in the fifties as all the RWers would have you believe. There were much higher crime rates in those days particularly in violent crimes.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:11 pm
@JGoldman10,
Don't you think the punishment for a crime should be commensurate to the crime? Do you think resisting actually requires a death sentence? What about the list of complying non resisting black youths who've shot and killed?

The police are public servants not judges and juries and especially executioners.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
And that is total BS. ALL BLM members want to kill cops, really? You actually believe that??? Where's the cops they've killed? I can show you the BLM members killed NY cops. I know too many Preachers and church ladies to believe BLM is "godless".
bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:16 pm
@knaivete,
I really enjoyed that!
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I don't think cop brutality was an issue when you were a kid. Were you left playing with the gun unsupervised if I may ask? May I ask what type of you gun it was?

Lot every type of mock weapons and BB guns that was product at the time and no I along with the other kids allow free range.

Small town with only repeat only white children the last black family dated back to my mother childhood. We even have woods in back of the town to play in.

Police brutality in large towns and cities toward blacks was far worst in the 1950s to 1960s by the police then today I can remember watching on TV police turning attacks dogs on young black children.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:20 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I don't know too much about BLM. I based my statement on what I read and heard about BLM prior to all the protesting they've done this year.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Don't you think the punishment for a crime should be commensurate to the crime?

Yes.

Quote:

Do you think resisting actually requires a death sentence? What about the list of complying non resisting black youths who've shot and killed?

Of course not. I saw the surveillance video that showed George Floyd resisting arrest. He did not try to attack the cops who subdued him.

I don't know what to say about those kids except if they are Christians they should have been praying for their protection and been praying over the officers they were dealing with.

Quote:

The police are public servants not judges and juries and especially executioners.

That's true. That's why a lot of them have let power go to their head. What's bad is a lot of Black cops and other minority officers have gone along with the brutality.