Why not strangers and bots for facebook friends?

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 08:06 am
Is there anything more fake than facebook friends any way?

To give you my perspective, facebook suggest people with mutual friends to friend each other, this casing me a problem because I have very few friends from real life in my list because that's the way it is, and some people obligated to have them there... therafore the same very few people are proposed to my friends to friend eachother, so even though I have hidden my friend list everyone can guess which people are inside from the repeating mutual friend suggestion on facebook. Not to mention the facebook friend mapping add on for Chrome.

The solution I came up for this issue is to mass add friends preferably from the other side of the world. If you tell me to give up and delete my account that almost never use you will be 100% right, unfortunately i'm obligated to have that account the way it is, empty of information, my name stated clearly and my close up black and white ID picture... because this account is a statement.

If you see my point, if you use facebook in similar manner with me, if you dislike it as me, and looking for people from around the world to crowd your friend list for similar reasons contact me.

Sturgis

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 01:15 pm
A) I am not on Facebook. Over time, I have created 4 or 5, maybe even a half dozen accounts. No idea what fictitious names or passwords came into play for me. They were all done due to rabid curiosity on my part.

B) If Facepalm Facebook suggests friends, it's up to you to decide whether to add them or not.

C) I will not be contacting you.

D)The month of September, also known as the birth month of geniuses and many of the bestest ever people, will be starting Tuesday. Tell all your friends on Facebook. They will get you more friends and followers, even if you never return to Faceland... Facebook. That's how Facebook seems to operate. You will receive regular e-mails advising of new people who want to be your friend.
Ragman

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 01:22 pm
@bestpeople,
At the risk of sounding curmudgeonly (which Factually I am), I have enough to do on a daily basis to fill my hours.secondly, I have enough friends off the Internet to fill my dance card. As for FB, I can take it or leave it. I find it a bit too intrusive.

Thanks for the offer. I wish the best on your quest.
bestpeople

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 01:40 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks for the reply, tho I don't think you get what i'm saying there.
I obviously can't go and make friend requests to random people, I have to be sure that the people I add without knowing them, understand why we are ''friends'' on facebook... to manipulate it and not be manipulated by it (bots are also excellent)

I have to investigate if there are people out there who have the same concerns with me, and it seems there are but they don't bother with it

you obviously don't care to understand what i'm saying in the original post and you do very well, I'm jealous of you
0 Replies

bestpeople

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 02:10 pm
@Ragman,
We don't use facebook in similar manner, also we are probably diametrically opposed personalities
Ragman

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 03:43 pm
@bestpeople,
If you say so, boss. I think perhaps what might be different is how we qualify what we both consider as to what we consider to be friends. Seeing that bots are just programming code, I don’t consider them as candidates.
jespah

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 04:59 pm
@bestpeople,
bestpeople wrote:

... because this account is a statement....
In a site with over one and three-quarter billion daily users, I hardly think your account makes any sort of statement.
bestpeople

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 02:24 am
@Ragman,
Definitely I do not mean ''friend'' the way facebook does, and I'm gonna make fun of it
0 Replies

bestpeople

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 02:35 am
@jespah,
I assure you that people search for my account on facebook, only to realise that there is nothing there to be fed with (try your name in someone else computer to see if it been autofilled) I have also seen the effects of my actions in that site in real life in the past, how many users facebook has is completely irrelevant, my account is a statement from those who know me in ways that you cannot grasp
jespah

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 04:48 am
@bestpeople,
Now you're just making me laugh. Awesome!
bestpeople

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 06:44 am
@jespah,
this is what happens when the only reference you have is your environment
jespah

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 06:59 am
@bestpeople,
This is what happens when you have no idea what the experiences, expertise, and knowledge of the other person is, so you just make up **** and hope it sounds profound.
bestpeople

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 07:49 am
@jespah,
The same applies for you, I just visited your profile and I am in awe, tho I don't want to write with attitude like yours, I didn't started the thread for this, I got what I wanted from here

last thing, you are not even nearly well equipped even in your ''native'' language to talk wit with me
jespah

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 09:10 am
@bestpeople,
Still amused. You need to go into standup.
0 Replies