Do a lot of fathers don't ever want their daughters find love with a guy?

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 05:48 pm
No matter what, a lot of fathers seem to hate it whenever their daughter has a boyfriend (even if he is a good guy). There are even shirts made for daughters that say "I'M NOT ALLOWED TO EVER DATE" and shirts made for fathers that say "DADS AGAINST DAUGHTERS DATING".

I have also heard many fathers on the internet say that they hate the idea of their daughter having a boyfriend someday, and are completely against it. So it seems to me that most fathers don't ever want their daughters to date and be in a romantic relationship with a guy. And so, it seems that a lot of fathers don't ever want their daughters to have a husband someday.

I don't blame them though for thinking that way since romantic love and romantic relationships can be a bad thing for someone since a broken heart can cause a person a lot of pain, and there's a lot of risks of someone getting emotional and/or physically hurt in a romantic relationship.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 05:52 pm
@RedHotBlueCold,
1. It depends on the age of the daughter. Fathers tend to be very protective of their 14 year old daughter.... and not at all protective of their 22 year old daughter.

2. I am a father. All of the women I have dated have had fathers. I have never seen a father who acts like this stereotype after the teenaged years.
RedHotBlueCold

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 05:54 pm
@maxdancona,
So you think it's mostly the teenage years that they act like that?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 05:56 pm
@RedHotBlueCold,
Yes. And with good reason.

It is part of a father's job to protect their kids through their teenaged years
RedHotBlueCold

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 05:58 pm
@maxdancona,
That is very understandable.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 05:59 pm
Is this an area of huge concern? Are you both putting each other on?
RedHotBlueCold

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 06:03 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
This is just a discussion about how most fathers actually feel about the idea of their daughter falling in love with a good man and getting married someday.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 06:06 pm
@RedHotBlueCold,
Is one of you disputing that? "(M)ost fathers actually feel about the idea of their daughter falling in love with a good man and getting married to him someday" is contravercial????
RedHotBlueCold

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 06:10 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
No, we are not disputing that. And no, it's not controversial. This is just nothing more than a discussion.
chai2

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 07:19 pm
@RedHotBlueCold,
How old are you?

Fathers are hesitant and income about realizing their daughters have become sexual women and/or he is no longer required to be there to protect his child as he could when they were young.
Part of what they saw as their job is gone

However, at some point a woman goes out and starts her own life. I don’t think there are too many fathers of let’s say 30 year olds that are surprised their daughter is having sex.

Those t shirts? Those are jokes. But you must have realized that.

I don’t think many parent like to dwell on their fact their offspring are doing with someone the same things he and their mother do in bed.
chai2

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 07:28 pm
@chai2,
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 12:50 pm
@RedHotBlueCold,
LOL!! My parents were sort of like this. There was something "wrong" with everyone. Not only the few guy I dated, but friends as well. Even my husband, who was clearly "made" for me, they had a problem with. Too this, not enough that, needs more the other, etc.
0 Replies