Trump Advisor Steve Bannon Arrested for Stealing "Build the Wall" Money

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 10:57 am
Quote:
New York federal prosecutors on Thursday charged President Donald Trump's former adviser Steve Bannon and three others with defrauding donors of hundreds of thousands of dollars as part of a fundraising campaign purportedly aimed at supporting Trump's border wall.

Bannon, 66, was arrested on a boat Thursday off the Eastern coast of Connecticut by federal agents along with officials from the United States Postal Inspection Service, according to the agency and a law enforcement official. He will make his initial court appearance in New York later Thursday, according to the US attorney's office. Bill Burck, an attorney for Bannon, declined to comment.

The four men are indicted for allegedly using hundreds of thousands of dollars donated to an online crowdfunding campaign called We Build the Wall for personal expenses, among other things. Bannon and another defendant, Brian Kolfage, promised donors that the campaign, which ultimately raised more than $25 million, was "a volunteer organization" and that "100% of the funds raised...will be used in the execution of our mission and purpose," according to the indictment unsealed Thursday. But instead, according to prosecutors, Bannon, through a non-profit under his control, used more than $1 million from We Build the Wall to "secretly" pay Kolfage and cover hundreds of thousands of dollars in Bannon's personal expenses.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,542 • Replies: 46

engineer

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 10:59 am
Bad month for all the people who prey on conservatives. The NRA was busted for stealing from its members, Falwell is out at Liberty University, now we find out that Bannon really wasn't all that interested in building the wall.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 11:46 am
@engineer,
Hee Hee. Reminds me of the Sopranos and all ofTony's "schemes " to generate money from the many different profit pathwys available to "entrepreneurs" in the trash business. A few of which actually didnt involve violence and /or fraud. In those he really didnt know what to do. Sorta like Trumps talents resulting in bankrupting 5 separate Atlantic City Cainos
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 12:03 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
find out that Bannon really wasn't all that interested in building the wall.

Even if he is guilty it does not change the fact he wanted the wall built. Try again.
BillRM

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 01:16 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Even if he is guilty it does not change the fact he wanted the wall built. Try again.

Love it as logic, something you lack, would point to him not caring at all if the wall was build or not as you can not build a wall if you and your friends are placing the construction funds into their own pockets.

Another indication that Trump supporters are view by Trump and others as suckers and source of funds for themselves and nothing more.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 01:20 pm
@BillRM,
would this be considered an emolument if it involves trump in any fashion (except for evidence that Trump tried to stop it)
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 01:35 pm
@BillRM,

Quote:
Love it as logic, something you lack,

Is it logical to support people who want to destroy this country? That is what you are doing. You lost logic and a grasp on reality awhile ago.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 03:21 pm
@coldjoint,
The only people destroying this country are following the nutcase in the White-house. Gradually even his own party is collapsing its support of this most evil of human
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 03:26 pm
@farmerman,
apparently plump has NOT tried to stop this fraud, so he must be considered , if not actually a conspirator, but an accessory before and after the fact.

So, we now have
SELF DEALING BY A PRESIDENT
EMOLUMENTS
CONSPIRING TO TAMPER WITH THE 2016 ELECTION
DEPRAVED INDIFFERENCE
And now
ACCESSORY BEFORE AND AFTER THE FACT and possibly SUBORNING A FRAUD
coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 06:05 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

apparently plump has NOT tried to stop this fraud, so he must be considered , if not actually a conspirator, but an accessory before and after the fact.

So, we now have
SELF DEALING BY A PRESIDENT
EMOLUMENTS
CONSPIRING TO TAMPER WITH THE 2016 ELECTION
DEPRAVED INDIFFERENCE
And now
ACCESSORY BEFORE AND AFTER THE FACT and possibly SUBORNING A FRAUD

Laughing Laughing Laughing You are, sure as Hell, not a lawyer.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 06:54 pm
@coldjoint,

The only ways you arrived at that was because, long ago in the foggy past I told on myself and my BIO contains that info. So outside a that , ho do you arrrive at your conclusion that I am in error.?? Or , like the other Nostradumass friend , do you too claim to know everything ??
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 07:00 pm
@farmerman,
BTW, Theres now a BANNONGATE
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 07:03 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
ho do you arrrive at your conclusion that I am in error.??

The Democrats tampered with the 2016 election, not Bannon, not Trump. Obama spied on his campaign illegally.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 09:58 pm
@coldjoint,
I see, and the Russians working for Trump? we have to actually try that in an objective court organized under rules of evidence, Not like your hearsay. When GOPs hear something they like they adopt it and make believe evidence exists.

Youre loony know it?

Are you a Daubert or a Fry guy.??
coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 10:06 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Not like your hearsay.

Your party based an impeachment on hearsay. Again documents prove Obama's involvement. A fact that will not change.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 10:34 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

omg thats the funniest thing you've ever written....sure he wanted the wall, but he collected the money, created shell corporations but then used money illegally to pay for plastic surgeries (couldn't have been for him) and boats and vacations and such.....oh yeah, he wanted the wall because it's a great way to fleece the imbeciles and dump easy money into Bannon's pockets.

How much of your pension did you send to Bannon?
coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 11:12 pm
@glitterbag,

Quote:
omg thats the funniest thing you've ever written..

Really, your remarks are too close to call. They all show arrogance and intolerance. Which ones show your hate for other Americans better is up in the air. But the majority do.
Real Music

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2020 12:03 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:

Has Mexico paid for Donald Trump's border wall yet?
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2020 04:47 am
@Real Music,

the check is in the mail.

DeJoy is tracking it...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2020 05:19 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
your remarks ... all show arrogance and intolerance.

I know, being intolerant of mail fraud on US citizens should be taken for what it is , Glitter is definitely not an absolute immunity-ist,

One thing Bannon instilled in my mind, I should really get a haircut before people start confusing my" covid hirsutity " with my politics.
0 Replies