The ethical thing to do.

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 10:12 am
To the people of London, to the people of the world, I apologise for the actions of my government who, in my name, are wreaking havoc in the world. We chose not to focus on the terrorism but, instead, focused shock and awe with no other purpose than to invoke terror and intimidation on less powerful/weaker nations that do not display proper adherence to the best interests of the US of A. In doing so we have created a monster whose only weapons are vicious acts of anger and retribution. The people of London, the people of the world are now and will continue to suffer immensely from this breach of reason exhibited by the Bush administration. I, a single american, can only offer a heartfelt apology.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,399 • Replies: 74
No top replies

bermbits

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:01 am
Adding fuel to your comments is this article:

http://www.counterpunch.org/cloughley07022005.html
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:10 am
Thanks dys. I couldn't find the words.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:22 am
by this reasoning--which i don't entirely agree with--the people of London may not deserve any apologies, since their PM is the Bush adminstration's staunchest international ally.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:26 am
An ally, who according to reports, was deceived by GWB
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:36 am
Intrepid wrote:
An ally, who according to reports, was deceived by GWB

that's moot since he hasn't publicly admitted having been deceived.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:59 am
The dead have not been identified yet and numbskulls are already blaming Bush for this cowardly act???

The ethical thing to do is SHUT UP with this nonsense.

Apparently, some of you think the terrorists are just innocent, poor folk who would be much better off today if not for Bush. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 12:04 pm
woiyo wrote:
The dead have not been identified yet and numbskulls are already blaming Bush for this cowardly act???

The ethical thing to do is SHUT UP with this nonsense.
Apparently, some of you think the terrorists are just innocent, poor folk who would be much better off today if not for Bush. Rolling Eyes

Yeppers, you got me pegged, hit my nail squarely on the head you did. Why do you hate america?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 12:16 pm
Yitwail, yes, Blair did go along with the invasion of Iraq, but the British citizens don't deserve acts of terrorism any more than do the citizens of the US or the citizens of Spain.

It is our administration that acted thoughtlessly and belligerently, neglecting to acknowledge the warnings of most other countries in the world. He didn't give a thought to bringing the world together to counteract the Taliban at the very moment when the world's focus was on the horrors of terrorism, 9/11. The world's show of support for the US was incredible and could have been used for real good rather that aggression. Because of the Bush administration's belligerance, terrorism has grown geometrically.

Tony Blair did go along with Bush and he hasn't admitted his mistake, but he did it because of Britain's historic support of the US. (IMO).
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 12:20 pm
Looking to see--waiting to hear Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 12:38 pm
Diane, i'm a critic of the administration. i voted against Bush twice. but i'm not apologizing for the acts of terrorists. as i understand it, at least one of the explosions took place in a part of London with a large Muslim population. the only appropriate response to premeditated random killing, IMO, is condemnation of the perpetrators. ordinary Americans shouldn't apologize for it anymore than ordinary Muslims.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 12:49 pm
I agree with that, Yit. I haven't been following that aspect of the situation.

I think I'm a wee bit confused now.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 12:51 pm
You're absolutely right Yitwail. I didn't express myself very well. It was the Bush administration I was apologizing for, not me nor any citizen of the US. This is about people in power, not ordinary people who just try to live as decent a life as possible.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 01:19 pm
Bush the F*cktard isn't "DIRECTLY" responsible for the London attacks, but he's certainly the catalyst.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 02:03 pm
IF - and that is still and big IF - the terrorists that did this have at all to do with Islamist Extremists.

A group has claimed responsibility - if you can believe them - and IF you can believe a website they run.

I will wait until more is known.

TTF
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:12 am
Say that you're feeling particularly ebullient, perhaps zestfully afloat on that aggressive self-confidence which fine street meds sometimes make available. Say further that it's the summer and you have the top half of your tanned youthful body hanging out the passenger side of a friend's father's DeSoto as you pass by a group of bikers who've just left one of those picnics where they tossed a pair of ripe panties into the chilli and drank beer straight from the nozzle of a Coors tanker-truck hi-jacked for the occasion and you give 'em the finger and yell at them, mentioning that you'd recently fukked their sister up the ass. And still further, say that when they catch you and kick the hell out of you and your buddies, then the proper philosphic stance to adopt is that bikers are a social danger.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:19 am
I like it when you bring it down to my level.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:22 am
A chilli fan, then?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:31 am
Ours was roadkill surprise
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:04 am
Re: The ethical thing to do.
dyslexia wrote:
To the people of London, to the people of the world, I apologise for the actions of my government who, in my name, are wreaking havoc in the world. We chose not to focus on the terrorism but, instead, focused shock and awe with no other purpose than to invoke terror and intimidation on less powerful/weaker nations that do not display proper adherence to the best interests of the US of A. In doing so we have created a monster whose only weapons are vicious acts of anger and retribution. The people of London, the people of the world are now and will continue to suffer immensely from this breach of reason exhibited by the Bush administration. I, a single american, can only offer a heartfelt apology.

I too would like to apologize. I would like to apologize to all those people reading this thread for the unbelievable dreck Dys has posted here. I am sorry that you have to pander to the group of people that wish for a weaker world where Muslim fundamentalists decide your fate. I am sorry for the continuous stream of anti-American drivel you must plough through. I would like to apologize for the fact that more Americans do not have the backbone to support the efforts of their nation in bringing an end to terrorism by attacking it at the source. Instead, some prefer to be reactive and send apologies insted of proactive and send weapons to kill those who continue to evoke terror in the name of Allah.

I hope these latest events harden the will of the British people. I hope that Blair continues the drive towards the eradication of groups that would perform these acts of terror.
0 Replies