How does 'online dating' work?

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 01:29 pm
I met someone in an online game that has shown clear interest in me... We're still in the process of getting to know each other but I made it clear I'm not interested in a romantic relationship. I told him not to call me his waifu (wife). He joked about it another day and I told him to shut up >Sad ... was that too harsh? I don't want to be in a romantic relationship with him because I don't know him... but how do I get to know him? I'm sure he lives faraway...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 6,731 • Replies: 1
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 12:09 pm
@KloolesKittai,
Quote:
was that too harsh?
No. You asked him not to and he did anyway. Shows he does not respect your wishes.

Quote:
but how do I get to know him? I'm sure he lives faraway...
You can spend time texting online or whatever. But you cannot really get to know him without personal contact. Which means you either have to go to him or he has to go to you. Personally, I think the guy should come to you if he is interested. BUT, if he (or anyone else) travels to you to meet up, please do so only in a public place. Be smart about it.
0 Replies